Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Same mindless lot who came out for Palace away
    addick05 said:

Where have these dickheads come from? It's been years since I have heard about stuff like this . . . and from CAFC fans? Incredible. NEVER heard or seen this at home games, do these twats just surface away from home? Have they just jumped on the 'protest' bandwagon and turn up just for the aggro? Hope next time someone mouths off this shit a fit Charlton fan lumps them!!!! As if we don't have enough to put up with just now!

• Options

slade is a very smug man - that doesn't like the abuse he receives we are 17th in LEAGUE ONE!!, not good enough some of the players are at fault.

on saturday;

1 smoke bomb was set off.
    1 fan out of 2300 used the n word.
    charlton fans were fighting with a few gillingham lads that run into them.
    some little pricks 17,18 were damaging cars, and other charlton fans should of got involved and told them to stop - i did, i just dont think we can have it both ways, one week throwing items on to the pitch which is just as illegal as damaging cars, then a week later, getting annoyed when a few twats play up.

follow a few of the football fan account on social media;

just some of the behaviour over the weekend at different clubs;

a burnley fan taking his horse in the pub after the game.
    crystal palace 4 smoke bombs let off.

all in all i dont think theres a problem at charlton, and dont think it warrants the overreaction on here every time we have a larger turn out away day.

No its not
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    throwing stuff can get you nicked as can bending a window screen wiper deliberately, just think its a bit hypocritical, its fine to play up at home games as your protesting, but then do it away and they are twats, scum, belong down millwall etc, only my opinion.

Football (Offences) Act 1991

Throwing of missiles onto the playing area or into the crowd - s.2

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Yup. As I said, to me these racist, hooli twats aren't Charlton. Yes there's nothing to stop anyone supporting Charlton obviously, but there's nothing to sop me saying they aren't Charlton either.
    After reading many of the posts here I've changed my mind about taking my son to a local-ish away match.
    (Mind you, he's only 10)
  • Options

Last week at home, we had a free-kick five yards outside the box. The whole stadium fell silent: us fans poised with encouragement and anticipation.

Not me... I was sitting there with a bemused look on my face waiting with expectation for the ball to go exactly where it did.

Every set piece we get now I have zero encouragement and anticipation.

Crazy when the player who should be taking corners, scored directly from one yet appears to have been taken off set piece duty!!
  • Options

Just cos two things are 'equally' illegal, doesn't mean they are equally bad mate. there's definitely like a sliding scale between for example throwing soft plastic pigs and vandalising cars, racial abuse, on to rape, murder etc..

not saying that hence why i got involved when a line was crossed. but the reaction on here and its after every big away game as in over 1500 fans, bury,oxford and now gillingham have had this type of behaviour. the fighting after the game in fairness the gillingham fans ran at them, the racist language of course its wrong, we have black fans ffs and of course scp, the vandalising cars and throwing stuff on the pitch im just pointing out that there both illegal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't even annoyed at how poor we were. I expected it and was rewarded with a performance that matched and possibly exceeded my expectations. It was awful.

I don't think the fans were as bad as is being made out. The wanton vandalism of people's property is unacceptable and while I didn't hear any racism that is not on either.

The police presence seemed to egg on and encourage a few locals to get brave but I know these arseholes and they are cowards. In days gone by Gillingham used to attract a reasonably big traveller following for home games they were a bit more of a struggle to contain.

Thing is if the team is performing and all is well at the club aggro doesn't happen as much. People are pissed off and for some the way to vent is to act like a remedial class at soft play.

I was just glad the game is on my doorstep and could be back in my local quicker than usual. Awful, turgid day and game
  • Options

the proud and precious little academy

Neither of these good new men – Magennis and Holmes – came up through Sparrows Lane. That's the proud and precious little academy that has coached our decline from the Prem to Port Vale within ten years.

For our correspondents in California and Bangkok: When Clem Snide files eyewitness reports from Gillingham and says Charlton are “Utter, utter dross” – You should believe him.

Lookman was fine when he came out of the Academy. It's the coaching and pre-match instructions which are ruining him.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9QONOlc9c the burnley horse from the weekend.
  • Options

on saturday;

some little pricks 17,18 were damaging cars, and other charlton fans should of got involved and told them to stop - i did, i just dont think we can have it both ways, one week throwing items on to the pitch which is just as illegal as damaging cars, then a week later, getting annoyed when a few twats play up.

Sorry, I should clarify. One fan may have used the n word, but he was in a group of about 7 or 8. And that was just in earshot of me. Let's extrapolate that, take in the guys who kept accusing Bradley Dack of rape (he was never charged nor accused, in fact he had consensual sex with the complainant and another footballer was on trial), the pricks damaging cars... There is obviously an unsavoury element to our larger away followings.

One guy at the Palace game last year offered me out over comments I'd made, what, 3/4 years ago on the Charlton Facebook group. Literally just offered to fight me.

Like, to downplay a problem is relatively unhelpful. It's interesting that you say "x is just as illegal as y", with no consideration as to scale, and then attempt to employ a sliding scale argument about aspects of our support...
  • Options
    Local away games always seem to drag out the worst of our support - remember two middle aged guys squaring up to each other at Stevenage a few seasons back and both had young kids with them.
    Racism hasn't disappeared it just takes a bit of alcohol for people to feel free with it.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

on saturday;

Sorry, I should clarify. One fan may have used the n word, but he was in a group of about 7 or 8. And that was just in earshot of me. Let's extrapolate that, take in the guys who kept accusing Bradley Dack of rape (he was never charged nor accused, in fact he had consensual sex with the complainant and another footballer was on trial), the pricks damaging cars... There is obviously an unsavoury element to our larger away followings.

One guy at the Palace game last year offered me out over comments I'd made, what, 3/4 years ago on the Charlton Facebook group. Literally just offered to fight me.

Like, to downplay a problem is relatively unhelpful. It's interesting that you say "x is just as illegal as y", with no consideration as to scale, and then attempt to employ a sliding scale argument about aspects of our support...
    not downplaying anything, get there was bad stuff, but making out were the galatasaray of english football gets tedious EVERY club has wallys, were not any different.
  • Options

boggzy said:

There was loads of 'Black C**t' this, 'Black c**t' that on Saturday.

Walking to the station it was the first time I've really heard VFR used as an 'aggressive' chant while these coked-up tools were bending wipers, punching car windows and threatening occupants (a female I saw was terrified), and looking for a ruck with anyone, including other Charlton fans.

Sadly that's one thing that can't be blamed on the current owners as it started quite a few years before.

After the Palace away Game last season i knew i'd had enough of the small Local Derbies, drunk light weights throwing bottles of beer over their own supporters was the final straw. I went to Millwall after that because i wanted to finish on a win but The sending off of Solly and playing with 10 men put paid to that.

Gillingham was predictable on and off the pitch because the racists turn up for these games, i remember the cup game against Fulham when Kelly the full back became a "Irish cunt" every time he had the ball.( from a group of guys in their 30's)

If i stop going to Football it will be the moronic words as much as the useless owners of our football club.

Anyone who saw me going ape when we went 1-0 up at Millwall ( was it two rows further forward i ended up) will know i don't treat going to football as a trip to the library.
    Couldn't imagine being this bothered by a word, actions fair enough, but a word ffs. Each to their own I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

on saturday;

not downplaying anything, get there was bad stuff, but making out were the galatasaray of english football gets tedious EVERY club has wallys, were not any different.
    Don't think anyone's claimed we're "the Galatasaray of English football". People are voicing their concern; some more strongly than others. That's about it really
  • Options
    Let's be honest here, in an away following of (i think) about 2300, you're going to get a few idiots. Even if we take Katrien's magical 2% figure that's less than 50 fans who are a complete minority but still enough to cause trouble.

I'm quite sure that when the likes of Leeds, Newcastle or any premier league club take more than 2k away, there's likely to be a few who cause trouble. For example, someone said earlier in this thread that Palace set off 4 smoke bombs.
  • Options

boggzy said:

There was loads of 'Black C**t' this, 'Black c**t' that on Saturday.

Walking to the station it was the first time I've really heard VFR used as an 'aggressive' chant while these coked-up tools were bending wipers, punching car windows and threatening occupants (a female I saw was terrified), and looking for a ruck with anyone, including other Charlton fans.

Sadly that's one thing that can't be blamed on the current owners as it started quite a few years before.

After the Palace away Game last season i knew i'd had enough of the small Local Derbies, drunk light weights throwing bottles of beer over their own supporters was the final straw. I went to Millwall after that because i wanted to finish on a win but The sending off of Solly and playing with 10 men put paid to that.

Gillingham was predictable on and off the pitch because the racists turn up for these games, i remember the cup game against Fulham when Kelly the full back became a "Irish cunt" every time he had the ball.( from a group of guys in their 30's)

If i stop going to Football it will be the moronic words as much as the useless owners of our football club.

Anyone who saw me going ape when we went 1-0 up at Millwall ( was it two rows further forward i ended up) will know i don't treat going to football as a trip to the library.
    Couldn't imagine being this bothered by a word, actions fair enough, but a word ffs. Each to their own I suppose!
    The flying bottles of beer in that cup game at Palace by people masquerading as CAFC fans didn't help my mood, plus the vandalized cars near to the Palace ground on the way out. (mainly the cars of people with no interest in their local team)
    According to reports more mindless vandalism took part at Gillingham.
  • Options

waldo said:

Gills players who would fit in nicely dahn the Valley ..

Jackson the young Gills right back is a heck of a player .. like a quicker version of Solly from years back, very promising .. SIGN HIM UP Miere .. and midfielder Billy Knott and of course Brad Dack are VERY useful ..
    also their central defender Max Ehmer, another f b g .. but not quite as b as Bauer ((:>) .. thing is, we are overloaded with central defenders ... Ehmer looks better than most of them, though Konsa had the best game I have seen from him today .. VERY powerful and committed, very good positional sense

Bradley Dack? Another Charlton reject doing well!
    Was at Charlton from age 9 to 15 then released by email.
    Chances of coming zero.
    Can't blame him can we
    Looked overweight to me.
  • Options

throwing stuff can get you nicked as can bending a window screen wiper deliberately, just think its a bit hypocritical, its fine to play up at home games as your protesting, but then do it away and they are twats, scum, belong down millwall etc, only my opinion.

Football (Offences) Act 1991

Throwing of missiles onto the playing area or into the crowd - s.2

You've given me an idea. I'm going to throw windscreen wipers on to the pitch on Saturday. Apologies to anybody who parks near the ground and returns to their car to find their wipers missing.

To be fair, at least you know where they will be if you want to collect them after the game. Either that or just hope it doesn't rain when you're driving home.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

waldo said:

Jackson the young Gills right back is a heck of a player .. like a quicker version of Solly from years back, very promising .. SIGN HIM UP Miere .. and midfielder Billy Knott and of course Brad Dack are VERY useful ..
    also their central defender Max Ehmer, another f b g .. but not quite as b as Bauer ((:>) .. thing is, we are overloaded with central defenders ... Ehmer looks better than most of them, though Konsa had the best game I have seen from him today .. VERY powerful and committed, very good positional sense

Chances of coming zero.
    Can't blame him can we
    Looked overweight to me.
    Some players just Do,

Yann Kermorgant ?

Remember in August after his summer Break.

Troy Deaney carries some timber but isn't too shabby.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

waldo said:

Chances of coming zero.
    Can't blame him can we
    Looked overweight to me.
    Some players just Do,

Yann Kermorgant ?

Remember in August after his summer Break.

Troy Deaney carries some timber but isn't too shabby.
    There the bloke who plays for Bristol City - Lee Tomlin. He looks about 3 stone overweight, but always looks a good player.
  • Options
    Andy Reid as well.
  • Options
    Anyway didn't think Dack was any better than L1 standard.
  • Options
    We were just rubbish