Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options

Who missed the first penalty?

Holmes 100%
  • Options

Be interested to hear from anyone there whether Slade actually started off 4-4-2 or whether Lookman was playing "in the hole" just behind Magennis or even whether it was a straight 4-5-1.

Looked to me as if Jackson was meant to be supporting Josh whilst Lookman had a free role which involved leaving Fox to his own devices. Jackson tried as always but simply lacked the legs to be effective.
  • Options
    Just to add my thanks...

Thank you, Roland, Katrien and of course good old Russell!
  • Options

Basically I can go to Travis Perkins and buy everything needed to build a house, but as I'm a not a builder I haven't a clue how to do it ! It appears that Russ has bought all the things needed to build a promotion push, but hasn't a clue how to do it !

This.
    Any half competent manager would have this squad of players in the top six .
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of to say in Slade's defence is that he wasn't happy with the number of signings we've made, and said 'we're way off having a big enough squad'.
    And that's correct.
    But I can't defend the defensive mindset.
  • Options
    If Slade gets sacked they'll make him sign an NDA, so we'll never hear what it was like behind the scenes.
  • Options

One win in 12, one win in last ten league games - not much else to say.
    Shocking....

Wow I hadn't even realised it was that bad. That's absolutely shocking.

• Options

Lots of comments about how good a squad of players we have. Got to disagree. Distinctly bang average for the most part. We'd get battered in the Championship with this lot. Mere will sell the best few and churn the rest in the close season again as she tries to reduce the operating loss. We have to get owners with an ounce of ambition and a strategy for the club that involves entertaining football and winning matches. A competent Chief Executive will also make a massive improvement.

Spot on. The average players and average manager are a result from the Mismanagement of the club by the Regime and having a CEO with no football knowledge whatsoever. All she is instructed to do is balance 2shits books and she is failing miserably at that as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Nug said:

Crap football, crap manager, crap owners and today crap behaviour by fans but then the way these idiots have destroyed this club it's almost inevitable. Depressing day.

Our fans are quite something nowadays... I'm sure it hasn't always been like this?! On top of the negativity (fine, I get it), squabbling (less fine, but understandable), fighting, penalty nonsense behind the goal, reports of punching cars etc. - I heard some pretty appalling racism shouted at one of their players and had some kind of troll behind me belching and gretching in my ear all game.

With the quality of football on offer, it's just not worth it any more. :neutral:
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

From the match thread;
    clb74
    5:07PM
    Oakster said:
    One win in the last twelve

clb74 said: Not lost away since 1st game of season
    ?

I'd rather we'd lost one then won one rather than all these poxy draws! Points tally would be a lot better too. It's the home form which needs sorting if you are setting up not to lose away.

I agree red chaser draw 3 same as 1 win two losses what is slade so frightened of .
    If i said to someone weve not lost away in 6 games i should be well happy .
    To keep drawing is doing my head in
  • Options
    Some proper horrible neanderthals there today, looking to "iron someone out", anyone would have done.
  • Options
    How was the Konch?
    I really appreciated the effort he put in for us over the years.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Are Slades comments available online anywhere yet?

Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it.
  • Options
    Six players with germs, must be patient, blah blah
  • Options
    Does the News Hopper not cover us anymore? Just been on their website and the latest content they have about us is pre the Cov game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

How was the Konch?
    I really appreciated the effort he put in for us over the years.

Got booed obviously, no idea why - really good homegrown player for us during our best period in living memory... "Booooo!"
    More mobile than Crofts and Jackson despite being older than both.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v6IhDfpDP4Q&t=116s
  • Options
    enjoyed the CARD Air Force show .. very ingenious .. ((:>)

it took the angry fans chanting '4 4 2' to get soppy Slade to do the right thing for the second half .. we're so disorganised that Holmes took the first pen .. he looked so nervous, I knew he'd miss it .. RUSSEL F F S .. AJOSE WAS SLAMMING THEM IN FOR SWINDON ALL LAST SEASON ....

first half .. cluttered midfield stepping on each others toes .. can't recall a shot on target .. Dack the best player on the field .. outplayed by the Gills who were pretty ordinary themselves .. long ball to no-one, sometimes somewhere near Magennis our main 'tactic'

Second Half .. Ajose for Jackson, transformation .. Ulvested took over in midfield, Ajose and poor old knackered Magennis along with Holmes started to make progress .. they changed their keeper who pulled off a tremendous save from Magennis and saved a pretty poor Holmes pen .. he had NO chance with Ajose's ice cool effort. We just shaded the second period

After our goal, there was an attempted 'pitch invasion' .. seemed pretty 'light hearted' if over enthusiastic to me, old bill and the stewards giving as good as they got, it was a good old scrap and just not violent ..
    I saw some street fights on the way back to the station, nothing too out of control .. I was surprised by the number of Police on duty, from as far afield as Essex (not too far for them) and Thames Valley as well as Kent and a few Met .. are we getting a rep as a trouble club ?

We deserved a point, no more .. IF IF IF Slade had sent out from the start the team that started the second half we would have won

Last word .. I am staying over in Enfield, easy drive from the East Coast .. London Transport is super and St Pancras & Stratford worth every penny of the untold billions spent on them .. Westfield shopping centre, VERY impressive and packed to the gunnels

Last last word .. If Slade has not learnt from this, SACK HIM Miere and bring in a bright younger thing .. Justin Edinburgh or Graham Alexander (some hopes, pigs might fly)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    DRAddick said:

Off_it said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v6IhDfpDP4Q&t=116s
    Thanks for the link.

So, to summarise, we created lots of chances and were unlucky not to win. According to baldy anyway.

You lot clearly don't know what you're talking about.
  • Options

One win in 12, one win in last ten league games - not much else to say.
    Shocking....

think some of you need to show a bit more patience ;-)

• Options

We get a penalty then 50 to 60 utter idiots line up behind the goal like 7 year olds (Apologies to 7 year olds). Then pick fights with the stewards and posture and gesture to the old bill until one copper pulled out his truncheon. l don't suppose that that put Holmes under any more pressure eh!

Basic issue in th 1st half that no one gets around Magennis and with 3 in centre midfield no runners.

Lookman's touch and decision making poor today which put us under pressure.

I would be hard pushed to say who the midfield runner would be! It's very true one is needed to get in there to put centre backs under pressure, it's way to easy for them if that doesn't happen! Jacko has been brilliant at that in his Charlton career! Is Slade telling him to sit in midfield and not attack the penalty area! ? Freddie did it Tuesday, why not today!? Crofts won't move away from the centre! God knows really!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ajose running over and giving it to Slade after he scored says it all about how the team see him. Fox had to keep them apart at full time.

Shite game, wank atmosphere.

I thought me did that from the live video feed! Good on Ajose I say, he should be in that side week in week out! We would with out a doubt be higher in the league!