Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options
    In isolation it was pretty poor but not as awful as some will says. First half shocking, embarrassing perhaps. Second half better because we brought on Ajose (note Slade) but I still celebrated our goal, how could you not? I said it before and I'll say it again I think Slade is a dud. Bigger problems than him at the moment but with the squad we have we should be doing far better.
  • Options
    Nightmeire of the a journey in meant I arrived 30 minutes late, so missed most of the rubbish first half. Did see the goal, a good cross by Konchesky with right foot.

Despite the weather forecast, yes it had to rain just to add to the enjoyment.

We had a decent spell from around 55 minutes onwards and probably deserved the draw, though there were a number of controversial decisions by the referee. Not sure why Ajose didn't take the first penalty.

The usual idiots who who to local Charlton away games as well.
  • Options
    Thank God the referee was so anti-Gillingham. We deserved to lose that.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Croydon said:

Ajose running over and giving it to Slade after he scored says it all about how the team see him. Fox had to keep them apart at full time.

Shite game, wank atmosphere.

Wow that doesn't auger well for dressing room harmony, still I expect Brussel will say he doesn't mind a player reacting like that if his actions by dropping him have fired him up because that's exactly what he wants.......... hmmm :open_mouth:.
  • Options
    His post match interview just confirms he really is clueless
  • Options
    Absolute dross, both teams

And we could have nicked it at the end which would have been a travesty

Centre of midfield is so weak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Shocking the sooner the fat clueless lump of lard fucks off the better

And the relacement is.......

Not that I'am supporting Slade.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ajose running over and giving it to Slade after he scored says it all about how the team see him. Fox had to keep them apart at full time.

Shite game, wank atmosphere.

He made a difference today but if Ajose had run as enthusiastically as that in some of the other games he might not have been dropped.
  • Options
    We have some good players so why are we scrapping draws against teams that get altitude sickness when they get into the second tier? Yes, the players have to perform on the day, but constant underperformance speaks volumes about the structure around them.
  • Options
    Be interested to hear from anyone there whether Slade actually started off 4-4-2 or whether Lookman was playing "in the hole" just behind Magennis or even whether it was a straight 4-5-1.
  • Options
    Has Cheggers shared any pearls of wisdom yet?
  • Options
    Worst point I have ever seen is get. Most depressing turgid performance I have ever seen. I have never considered leaving a game at half time before today but I very nearly did today.. we didn't get into the game until the last 10 mins. And the atmosphere was pretty flat. Because there was nothing to cheer about. I've defended Slade up until this point (mainly as I know we won't get anyone better) but today was appalling and the buck stops with him. Wrong players, wrong formation, wrong approach. All wrong. It's not like he tried something new and other didn't work, we've been trying it all season and it hasn't worked.

The fans were always gonna start on a negative with that line up. There had to be early positive signs to get us going and there just wasn't.

If the players can't get up for it against Gillingham I dread to think what the scum fixtures will be like...
  • Options

Slade is a clueless fool in a pub in Rochester getting pissed to erase the memory of that dross.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    The reaction of fans to Slade is quite telling ... check out the last minute of this

https://www.facebook.com/cafcchoicetv/videos/10154614257507866/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The plane was brilliant!

Of we can't put up a fight in CM with 3 on 2 then we might as well go 2-2. They've won that battle anyway let's try and win out wide and up front...
  • Options
    Typical away day out.
    Nice meeting Ricky Otto, Elfsborg, dippenhall and clem snide as well as my old mate's acab and raytreacy69.
    Shame about the football.
    Shocking
  • Options
    Players just didn't seem interested today.
    I thought it must be because Slade was on his way out the door.

Tactics were poor - all that "centre-circle, out to the wing, back to the centre, back to the keeper" dross.

Or it was - 1 up front, "hit him a long ball, he doesn't win the header/ header goes astray, they attack us from the loose ball."
  • Options
    Slade copped a load of verbal at the end. He needs to change his ways or he won't last until Christmas.