Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Haven't read the whole thread. Does anyone know anyone who was part of the fan consultation for the new kit, or did it just end up being Katrien and Sue Parkes making the decision over a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigio?

Reps from various fan groups came up to museum and we're shown some shirts and asked questions.

The Hummel guys also picked the brains of the trustees and looked at a lot of our old shirts.

I can reveal the new home shirt is red and the away shirt isnt but apart from that I don't know
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What would be prefer great kits, shit team e.g. Forest.

Or shit kit, great team, can't think of an example for this one.

They're not great, relatively speaking, but Liverpool have had some shocking kits in the last 20 years. Some of them don't fit properly, some of them look lower league.
  • Options

Like this one from their 2017 catalog
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

iaitch said:

They're not great, relatively speaking, but Liverpool have had some shocking kits in the last 20 years. Some of them don't fit properly, some of them look lower league.
    Agreed, although really like the new Liverpool shirt!

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/17/18-Kits/liverpool-2017-2018-new-balance-125th-anniversary-home-kit.html
  • Options
    Yeah that is nice. Helps that it's an anniversary design. I've disliked all of their Standard Chartered kits, especially as Liverpool should have an iconic look.
  • Options

God I hope Roland leaves before next season starts. For many reasons.

But also because my son will grow out of his protest shirt and he plays in it.

I won't buy a charlton shirt no matter who the manufacturer is until the misguided billionaire leaves.

No doubt sales in the shop will continue to plummet, regardless of the new merchandise.

A shame, as I think the Hummel stuff could be alright and I'd like to buy some stuff.

NAPM I'm afraid.
    Just as well, don't think the 10 year old size comes in XL!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Haven't read the whole thread. Does anyone know anyone who was part of the fan consultation for the new kit, or did it just end up being Katrien and Sue Parkes making the decision over a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigio?

Reps from various fan groups came up to museum and we're shown some shirts and asked questions.

The Hummel guys also picked the brains of the trustees and looked at a lot of our old shirts.

I can reveal the new home shirt is red and the away shirt isnt but apart from that I don't know
    What fan groups?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

God I hope Roland leaves before next season starts. For many reasons.

But also because my son will grow out of his protest shirt and he plays in it.

I won't buy a charlton shirt no matter who the manufacturer is until the misguided billionaire leaves.

No doubt sales in the shop will continue to plummet, regardless of the new merchandise.

A shame, as I think the Hummel stuff could be alright and I'd like to buy some stuff.

NAPM I'm afraid.
    Just as well, don't think the 10 year old size comes in XL!
    I always for the S chest size with an L bottom half top. That's all I'm saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?
    Casda, Bromley Addicks, Hastings I think, a few others I can't remember but groups on the Fans Forum plus fans who happened to be in the Museum at the time.

Invites were from the club not the Museum Tony Cajones was there along with Mick Everett and Olly Grooms giving some fan/staff input too.

The shirt might be vile and in any case some will hate it and some love it but credit to Hummel for asking.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

iaitch said:

Man Utd table cloth kit?

That is the Roland Duchatalet commemorative design.

(Small checks).
  • Options

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?
    East Kent Addicks & SE7 Valiants

& Into The Valley fans forum.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?
    East Kent Addicks & SE7 Valiants

& Into The Valley fans forum.
    The club didnt invite any of those groups
  • Options
    I know we always moan about the price of football kits, but Man United have just released their new away kit for next season.

£55 for a kid's replica shirt! £55 bloody quid! £28 for the shorts FFS!

I remember when a kid's shirt was £30 max, and a men's shirt was £40. Add to the fact that clubs change their kits every year, and most, if not all, have a third kit, it is going to cost some parents a fortune every year.
  • Options
    They will have to give shirts away free with match tickets all the while roly's toxic pantomime blunders on.
    As soon as the septuagenarian shitforbraains is safely over the horizon and not earning a divi from merch sales, revenues will be on the up and up. Charlton fans will again wear current Charlton colours with pride. Hummel still have serious questions to answer as regards getting in to bed with such a discredited entity. If Hummel was expecting a lucrative relationship, it must have been playing a long game, either that or it's yet another gullible basket case, duped by latrine's 'winning charm'.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

iaitch said:

Man Utd table cloth kit?

I don't like their current kit either with the slightly differenr colour halves and the mock zip down the front. Yucky.
    Anyway, in Manure's case that's shit team shit shirt isn't it?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?
    Casda, Bromley Addicks, Hastings I think, a few others I can't remember but groups on the Fans Forum plus fans who happened to be in the Museum at the time.

Invites were from the club not the Museum Tony Cajones was there along with Mick Everett and Olly Grooms giving some fan/staff input too.

The shirt might be vile and in any case some will hate it and some love it but credit to Hummel for asking.
    My son and I were in the museum that day and they asked the little man for his input-if there isn't a collar next season you can blame him.
  • Options
    HandG said:

The Hummell guys came up to the museum and looked at our shirt collection. We allowed them to take a few away for colour and design purposes.

Quite a few people were asked questions including some people who'd just popped in to see the museum.

No idea of the design but the guys seem to be putting the work in to give us something bespoke and reflecting our history. We'll just have to wait and see.

At least the away shirt colour will be nice.

My son and I were in the museum that day and gave our feedback. I wanted a collar but my son and the kit man

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?

My son and I were in the museum that day and they asked the little man for his input-if there isn't a collar next season you can blame him.
    That's right. I remembered you and your son but not your CL user name.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we back in the early 90's?

• Options
    sasquatch said:

My local club just announced their new hummel kits. There are quite many details related to the city and clubs history - something I'd expect from the new Charlton kits as well.

Do you play for the Old Bill then.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I take it then there will be buttons down the bottom half of the new shirt and a huge v neck! Bespoke is not the word!
  • Options
    But do Elite Group do bespoke shoes with holes in them...
  • Options

HandG said:

The Hummell guys came up to the museum and looked at our shirt collection. We allowed them to take a few away for colour and design purposes.

Quite a few people were asked questions including some people who'd just popped in to see the museum.

No idea of the design but the guys seem to be putting the work in to give us something bespoke and reflecting our history. We'll just have to wait and see.

At least the away shirt colour will be nice.

My son and I were in the museum that day and gave our feedback. I wanted a collar but my son and the kit man

MrLargo said:

What fan groups?

That's right. I remembered you and your son but not your CL user name.

Its @HandG!
  • Options

So after Just Sports Elite Group will be running the shop according to the OS twitter.

They were in the museum with the Hummel guys.

So you laughed but as the old saying goes he who laughs last laughs longest

Read down to item 8

http://elitegroup-uk.com/apparel/

Oh good. Dressing gowns.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I take it then there will be buttons down the bottom half of the new shirt and a huge v neck! Bespoke is not the word!

According to Frankie Valli "Grease is the word"...