Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

Comments

• Options
    Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

That comment indicating RD was our saviour sounds awfully familiar.....

Do you like vol au vents by any chance, Major ?

:smile:

I adore them, Fanny. I also like inspiring debate. :-)

Or trolling as it's commonly known.
    Perhaps it is, in your ridiculously small and increasingly miserable world.
    My world is rather large and for the most part very happy. I should imagine that living under that bridge is rather small and quite a miserable experience though.
    Is that when I am not in a mental hospital messing in my pyjamas? You seem to have a small group of particularly nasty people on here who cannot stand someone with a different perspective and so engage in OTT attacks, name calling, etc. I have to wonder where the fear comes from and why it is so close to the surface. Things not as bad as you had hoped?
    Just a reminder that the first I had heard of or read anything from you, was when you posted this under a comment I made, two days ago

Hey, Einstein. How about you give it a rest about knowing everything? You don't. All you do is spout bile at every opportunity and if there is no reason you come up with one of your 'theories'. Well guess what? It has long since become pathetic and I'm pretty sure, that like me, most people do not give a monkeys what you think.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

My world is rather large and for the most part very happy. I should imagine that living under that bridge is rather small and quite a miserable experience though.
    Is that when I am not in a mental hospital messing in my pyjamas? You seem to have a small group of particularly nasty people on here who cannot stand someone with a different perspective and so engage in OTT attacks, name calling, etc. I have to wonder where the fear comes from and why it is so close to the surface. Things not as bad as you had hoped?
    Insults which are very happy to indulge in yourself and often initiate.

There is no fear other than a fans fear of seeing their club's three year decline continue.
    Ahhh, I wondered when the Perfect Being would bless us with His wisdom. There are none so blind..... well, you know the rest of it, being all knowing and all.
    (Just banter, Henry. 'When in Rome' and all that).
  • Options

Major said:

How about listing the useless players (and managers) that Richard Murray blew millions on.

Yes because our current owners havent had the difficult job of finding someone to replace one of the greatest Managers in our history, that was one of the biggest issues we had that summer because no one wanted to be the man to replace Curbs but as you insist:

The useless Players and Managers in my opinion were

Murray Managers: Dowie | Reed
    Duchatalet Managers: Peeters | Luzon | Fraeye | Riga (2nd time) | Slade

Then you've got the rubbish players we signed

Under Murray: Karim Bagheri | Jesper Blomqvist | Robbie Mustoe | Yassin Moutaouakil | Izale McLeod
    Stephen Hughes | Francis Jeffers | Cory Gibbs | Hasselbaink | Djimi Traore | Amdy Faye

Under Duchatalet: Nicky Ajose | El-Hadji Ba | Cristian Ceballos | Zakarya Bergdich | Naby Sarr | Ricardo Vaz Te | Roger Johnson | Franck Moussa | George Tucudean | Oguchi Onyewu | Christophe Lepoint | Loïc Nego |Reza Ghoochannejhad | Piotr Parzyszek

So putting those together

You can say that Murray has wasted two managers and has signed about 11 players who have ultimately flopped - remember thats roughly over a 26-year period so its understandable that there will be some poor signings - You also have to remember that Murray basically had to rebuild Charlton from scratch helping us get back to the Valley and building a squad from nothing to get us into the Premier League

Compare that with Duchatalet he's only been here for 3-years and has wasted five managers whilst 14-players have ultimately flopped, unlike Murray though; Roland had to put in very little effort, he inherited a squad that only just over a year before had won League One so and the previous season had finished 9th so only a small amount of investment was needed yet instead has dismantled the squad we had

*Note I've not included any loans
    still can't believe we paid all that money for jeffers...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    LuckyReds said:

Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is a troll. I've explained how I see the situation to Major, and although I'm the most ardent of CARD supporters, even I can see the point he's trying to make.

As for whoever made the rather crass comment about the old Bexley Mental Hospital, really? We have members on here who have been involved in inpatient psychiatric care - on both sides. We have members here that were times different, were we in the times you mention, would be locked away.

For what it's worth, I suggest you look at some of the bloody brilliant minds who were locked up in those places. Locally, Ivor Gurney, who passed away at Stone House is the first example I can think of.

Mental illness isn't an insult, and if you think it is then I'm a bit lost for words.

Wow! LuckyReds. You have restored the faith. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Major said:

LuckyReds said:

Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is a troll. I've explained how I see the situation to Major, and although I'm the most ardent of CARD supporters, even I can see the point he's trying to make.

As for whoever made the rather crass comment about the old Bexley Mental Hospital, really? We have members on here who have been involved in inpatient psychiatric care - on both sides. We have members here that were times different, were we in the times you mention, would be locked away.

For what it's worth, I suggest you look at some of the bloody brilliant minds who were locked up in those places. Locally, Ivor Gurney, who passed away at Stone House is the first example I can think of.

Mental illness isn't an insult, and if you think it is then I'm a bit lost for words.

No worries.

I have a feeling, judging by AFKAs response, that you've given as good as you've got. ;)

That said, different point of views is what makes us all brilliant. Would be bloody boring if we were all the same!

I'm quite happy to try and bring you over to the dark side, failing that I'll buy you a drink if you can bring me to the light side... Hoegaarden or Leffe obviously!
  • Options

Major said:

Major said:

Do you still see Basil and Sybil, Major?
    LOL I wish they'd made more of those!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

That wasn't me. I called you a troll because you are behaving like one, and each and every new post seems to confirm it. How about expressing your own specific views so that we can really debate it, if it is a debate you really want?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@Ormiston Addick that contribution earlier was not acceptable. Please no repeat.

@Major I know you have been on the Charlton internet scene for a number of years. So I'm not sure if your are bringing previous dislike of individuals into this. Absolutely no problem you having whatever view you like, whether that's at odds with a majority view or not, you are more than welcome to post it on here.

But no community works well if an individual just wants to start a ruck with others al the time. Kindly curb some of the type of responses to individuals as seen in this thread and others of late, please

No personal dislikes, AFKA, just frustration at the constant digging out of de Kloob I have loved for so many tears, I mean years, when I have shared those same concerns but am trying to move on a bit, as I feel there is an attempt at putting things right. And fair enough, I take on board what you have requested but do reserve the right to defend myself - in a civilised manner - when the bully boys come out to play.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Major said:

LuckyReds said:

No worries.

I have a feeling, judging by AFKAs response, that you've given as good as you've got. ;)

That said, different point of views is what makes us all brilliant. Would be bloody boring if we were all the same!

I'm quite happy to try and bring you over to the dark side, failing that I'll buy you a drink if you can bring me to the light side... Hoegaarden or Leffe obviously!
    I definitely like the sound of that. Open minds is all anyone can ask for, so maybe there will be some middling ground with beer involved :-)
  • Options
    Beer sounds good.
  • Options

Major said:

Major said:

Major, have you seen Roland?
  • Options
    Major said:

Dave2l said:

Just listened.

What is clearer by the minute is that Roland Duchatelets brain is like an egg shell filled with manure.

Oh right - The owner with the 'egg shell filled with manure' is a multi millionaire pumping a ton of money into CAFC. What do you offer? Smart arsed comments. What does that make you?
    It makes me someone that thinks the owner is a complete waste of space.

That opinion is based on his actions and words...since he arrived in early 2014, overall.

I'm not allowed an opinion because I'm not rich and don't own Charlton?

I must not criticise the owner because I'm not the owner and not a multi millionaire?

If you decide to own something.

In my opinion, it's your duty and responsibility to take care of that business because it affects a lot of people.

In my opinion he has done the complete opposite.

If he is genuinely trying to rectify....(doubt it)

If he is then ok. He's got a funny way of showing it. Bollocks.

Where unbeaten since Millwall away.

If we somehow get promoted. It would all be down to the team and coaches.

Nothing the owner has done. He would have got very lucky.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Major said:

Major said:

Major, have you seen Roland?
    Love it! Great pic.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Major said:

Dave2l said:

Just listened.

What is clearer by the minute is that Roland Duchatelets brain is like an egg shell filled with manure.

Oh right - The owner with the 'egg shell filled with manure' is a multi millionaire pumping a ton of money into CAFC. What do you offer? Smart arsed comments. What does that make you?

That opinion is based on his actions and words...since he arrived in early 2014, overall.

I must not criticise the owner because I'm not the owner and not a multi millionaire?

In my opinion, it's your duty and responsibility to take care of that business because it affects a lot of people.

Is this written in iambic pentameter?

• Options

Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

That wasn't me. I called you a troll because you are behaving like one, and each and every new post seems to confirm it. How about expressing your own specific views so that we can really debate it, if it is a debate you really want?
    Oh. come on. WCA. You know as well as I do, I am not a Troll, even though you think I live under a bridge. You obviously read my own specific views, particularly about my craving for vol au vents.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Major said:

Dave2l said:

Just listened.

Is this written in iambic pentameter?

Not intentionally
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    jams said:

Major said:

Major said:

Not many people agreeing with you Nigel.
    Imagine my concern, Tiny Tim.

I thought we had seen the last of you over here Nigel.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Major said:

LuckyReds said:

Major said:

LuckyReds said:

No worries.

I definitely like the sound of that. Open minds is all anyone can ask for, so maybe there will be some middling ground with beer involved :-)
    May I join you, then? Or separately, f you felt it is starting to look like a gang?

• Options
    Positive Mental Attitude everybody. If we all close our eyes and wish hard, perhaps our fortunes will change under the ebullient Karl Robinson irrespective of the ambition-less owner. Maybe he can get a promotion out of a mid-table League One squad? It will be a brilliant achievement if he can do it whilst selling his best players, over-relying on loans and having the squad refreshed with cheaper replacements each Summer. My guess is Karl Robinson will be the first Duchatelet manager to avoid a premature sacking and the first to leave of his own accord because he realises the cards are stacked against him.
  • Options
    But who are Tiny Tim and Nigel?
  • Options
    Major said:

Surely you don't find it inspiring to post on a forum which you have made clear many times you loathe? BTW Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
  • Options
    Seem to remember Marianne Faithful was in Bexley Mental Hospital for a while, she went in about a week after my Mum's last stay. Not my favourite place to visit, not convinced things have improved in last 25 or so years. Oakwood near Maidstone 10 times worse than Bexley, now posh hotel/conference centre, I believe. Just grateful I've never been considered bonkers enough to need sectioning. just bonkers enough to support the 'addicks.
  • Options
    I found episode 3 depressing. Hearing from so many hard working professional people doing their best to make Charlton a success and being undermined and belittled by the very person who should be their most avid supporter is quite shocking. Why would you persuade someone to work for you and do that to them? Roland is clearly a nasty person or mentally unstable.

I suspect from what is said about KM, she is also a victim. Others have worked their way into other jobs. Maybe she has not yet found a path out yet or finds it normal in some way?

The thing is, and this maybe where Major is coming from as well, is that I so want it to be right at our club. I want to be positive and proud again. I want us to be out of this league, and I want to believe and cheer everything Robbo says. I have always loved going to games. For a couple of hours you can forget all your troubles and lose yourself in a crowd united in one purpose.

I suspect that there are a few that are so lost in their hatred of Roland that they will never see any good in anything the regime ever do, and this is at the point of being ridiculous in some cases. The club can't even put on free coaches without being criticised.

I like to look for the positives and I think there have been quite a few. The appointment of Robbo as a real stand out positive. I like the way he sets up teams to attack and he has really freshened up a squad that now looks both youthful and skillful. I like that he tells us what is happening- especially before kick off (please put on the big screen so those in the ground can hear!).

• Options
    Redrobo said:

I found episode 3 depressing. Hearing from so many hard working professional people doing their best to make Charlton a success and being undermined and belittled by the very person who should be their most avid supporter is quite shocking. Why would you persuade someone to work for you and do that to them? Roland is clearly a nasty person or mentally unstable.

I suspect from what is said about KM, she is also a victim. Others have worked their way into other jobs. Maybe she has not yet found a path out yet or finds it normal in some way?

The thing is, and this maybe where Major is coming from as well, is that I so want it to be right at our club. I want to be positive and proud again. I want us to be out of this league, and I want to believe and cheer everything Robbo says. I have always loved going to games. For a couple of hours you can forget all your troubles and lose yourself in a crowd united in one purpose.

I suspect that there are a few that are so lost in their hatred of Roland that they will never see any good in anything the regime ever do, and this is at the point of being ridiculous in some cases. The club can't even put on free coaches without being criticised.

I like to look for the positives and I think there have been quite a few. The appointment of Robbo as a real stand out positive. I like the way he sets up teams to attack and he has really freshened up a squad that now looks both youthful and skillful. I like that he tells us what is happening- especially before kick off (please put on the big screen so those in the ground can hear!).

Good post, I agree with nearly all of this.

I think in many ways KM is a victim. However, she is a very well paid willing victim, so get's zero sympathy from me.

As for Robinson, I like that he communicates, but he does need to try and think about what he's saying.

"Empty vessels make the most noise" seems apt. There's no point in endless talking because you like the sound of your own voice. In the end people will and have already stopped listening to it all.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

Major said:

Insults which are very happy to indulge in yourself and often initiate.

There is no fear other than a fans fear of seeing their club's three year decline continue.
    Ahhh, I wondered when the Perfect Being would bless us with His wisdom. There are none so blind..... well, you know the rest of it, being all knowing and all.
    (Just banter, Henry. 'When in Rome' and all that).
    Another attempted insult I see.

Really not needed and water off a ducks back to me so not worth your effort.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Redrobo said:

No one has criticised the club for putting on free coaches. The way they operate the coaches - with a two-hour tour of pick-ups before setting off - is silly and a persistent cause of frustration to many people who would otherwise use them and some who do. The only relevance of them being free is that this tour of SE London and NW Kent is plainly unnecessary because there will be more than one coach. It isn't conceivably required for all coaches to attend all pick-ups, but planning for one coach that does this leaves people sitting on coaches for hours unnecessarily. It's a waste of everybody's time.