Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#TaxiForRoland: CARD launches three-day birthday trip to Belgium (Nov 2016)

Comments

• Options
    olster said:

Did @Addickted2TheReds come home or is he still waiting for stephanie?

Still waiting as I suspect Saturday evening may have put her off British men for life...!!!
  • Options

This lot will f*** us over, be warned, they have the money we do not have.

I hate saying this but I think this is a fact we cannot shy away from.

They already have.
  • Options
    Davo55 you are the man
    Top respect mate
  • Options
    Just want to add my thanks to those that took the fight to him. I am astounded that you managed to organise this trip, find him, act with dignity and restraint and get such positive publicity. Keep it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to all involved in an amazing effort. So much positive publicity all rounded off with a ridiculous Roland rant to TalkSport!

Well Roland, there is one thing we wouldn't be against...you selling our beloved club! Now jog on.
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone involved - absolutely outstanding work.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Great work everyone. This feels like a gamechanger
  • Options
    Just wanted to add my thanks to you all - very much appreciated, superb stuff
  • Options

And just when you thought it was safe......ta da !

Fanny "Ultra" Fanackapan is back !

Sadly, with 2 lucifers keeping my drooping peepers open, this could be a small ( but perfectly formed, @Davo55 ) report following 3 days of wine, young men/man & song ( no more RRR, please, @seth plum !)

But what a result ! I left these shores, a mere foot soldier & return a CARD carrying acTOR ! Belgium is indeed a very special country - the Audrey Hepburn legacy lingers on.

Seriously, I feel SO privileged to have been invited to join this wonderful group of supporters & hence to play a minor part in the latest episode of " The Fall " or perhaps more aptly "The Missing". It would have been a coup of momentous proportions had our owner actually crossed the path of our Taxi for Roland but it wasn't something we envisaged happening although karma is a curious concept...

The raison d'etre for our pilgrimage to The Holey Land ( as in duck tape repairs) was to take our protest to his home town & beyond by interacting with his kith & kin in areas pertinent to his life. In doing so, we hoped to learn more about this elusive man whilst explaining the reasons behind our unrest. This, I believe was achieved with some success.

Suffice to say that enlightening chats with Sint Truiden locals reinforced our views that Roland is motivated by filthy lucre. One elderly lady told me that ST is basically HIS town , although he had done little to enhance the life of the average resident. Another stated that he knows nada about football & should leave such pursuits to the experts. No surprise there then. It was crystal clear after several hours of leafletting in the bitter cold that he is unlikely to win any Citizen of the Year award although everyone definitely knew who he is.

Onwards then to his football club where it appears he owns not only the stadium, the hotel, the restaurant & the shops, but the very pavements alongside ! The lack of respect shown to us, the peaceful visitors, was a clear indication that this is a common theme amongst Duchatelet's employees wherever they work. It's likely that the birthday presents so carefully assembled for his pleasure are now residing at the bottom of the nearest wheelie bin but no-one can say we didn't try.

A 6am alarm call this morning to ensure there was ample time for the polyfilla to settle before the expeditionary force made its way to Ypres to introduce ourselves to more RD personnel. We were told that he rarely visits this company but assured us that a copy of our flier would be faxed for his attention. We later learned that he was spending his day in Gay Paree - could that mean PSG is on his shopping list ?

Our tour of duty was brought to a fitting end with our visit to Nobby Nightingale's grave in a peaceful, small cemetery next to a farm house where injuries were treated in WW1. Sadly, some of our brave young soldiers had but a short journey to their final resting place where we stood in quiet contemplation. @SE7toSG3 deserves our heartfelt thanks for his input over the 3 days which educated as well as humbled us with his wealth of knowledge & his dedication to this period of military history.

So, time for a day of R & R and some reflection on the experience I have been so fortunate to share with fellow protesters. Hours at a time were spent travelling, during which we learned more about our colleagues including @Badger's love of Japan, @Arsenetatters hens that love to go on holiday, @Addickted2TheReds ability to survive on 3 hours sleep, @seth plum's hitch hiking skills & @Davo55's stage appearance in Las Vegas. Honest !

What did my newest friends learn about Fanny ?

Well, they know that a gremlin ( affectionately known as Daisy ) resides in my capacious handbag , constantly hiding my ancient mobile phone & ensuring hours of fun locating it when called, that my famous humbugs ARE chewy /teeth destroying sweeties & unlike my female companion, can go for hours without a wee stop. My bladder now has legendary status.

Thank you so much to all concerned in this journey & to you, dear fellow Lifers for ensuring that our exploits were cascaded to all & sundry and for your confidence that we could accomplish everything we set out to do. CARD is a fantastic melting pot of passionate Addicks with a huge array of skills & the generosity to share them in The Cause. We are NOT the only football club with problematical owners but we ARE the most inventive & determined. As @Pico recently stated & was echoed by @Davo55 today on Talksport, the conflict that currently exists in SE7 between the owner & the supporters is irretrievable.

And CARD will not blink first.

Keep the faith.

Sounds like you had a great experience you will remember for a long time. Well done to you and the gang it was brilliant. I know none of you personally but have nothing but respect.
  • Options
    Magic Jean.
    Great words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Well done to all who went to Belgium. Hopefully your actions will hasten the sale of the club to someone who will run it properly and with care, unlike RD.
  • Options
    CARD carrying actor - very good @Fanny Fanackapan.
    Well done all, you did us proud.
  • Options
    Because he is so effing thick?
  • Options
    I have some pictures that i wil hopefully get round to posting up sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Fantastic effort to all involved. Despite the serious reasons for going to Belgium in the first place, it's been a lot of fun following the various tweets, reports and radio interviews. Clearly many of us could not be there, but I hope you felt the positive thoughts and wishes we've all been sending. You are an amazing set of people, thank you for representing our interests in such a well thought out and well planned project.
  • Options
    For those that went,would you say we are twisting his arm on a similar level to that of the Standard Liege fans?

Just wondered if you got any insight as to what tipped him over the edge then?
  • Options
    Just brilliant. Glad you are all home safe and hope to hear some more tales at the Trust AGM, Thu 7.30pm at the Bugle.