Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#TaxiForRoland: CARD launches three-day birthday trip to Belgium (Nov 2016)

Comments

• Options
    One of the many local people who came and spoke with us in the square, he was sympathetic and wished us luck.

• Options
    Shouldn't he have said 'my friend and stooge Bruno Venanzi' or have I got that wrong?
  • Options

For those that went,would you say we are twisting his arm on a similar level to that of the Standard Liege fans?

Just wondered if you got any insight as to what tipped him over the edge then?

Thats on the agenda for my meeting with the Standard Socios in Liege on Sunday evening. And not just what tipped him over the edge, but how he looked to get his money back and where it went. We are working with them in trying to understand the Staprix accounts. Thanks to @The Red Robin for the reminder about third party ownership, that will be on the agenda too.

We all want him out, but we have to be prepared for it to be financially ugly.
    Yes, teh battle has to be on every front.
  • Options

For those that went,would you say we are twisting his arm on a similar level to that of the Standard Liege fans?

Just wondered if you got any insight as to what tipped him over the edge then?

Thats on the agenda for my meeting with the Standard Socios in Liege on Sunday evening. And not just what tipped him over the edge, but how he looked to get his money back and where it went. We are working with them in trying to understand the Staprix accounts. Thanks to @The Red Robin for the reminder about third party ownership, that will be on the agenda too.

We all want him out, but we have to be prepared for it to be financially ugly.
    I think the third party ownership route is an intriguing one with Duchatelet. It can't just be that one player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shouldn't he have said 'my friend and stooge Bruno Venanzi' or have I got that wrong?

It's a good question - weren't there suspicions that it wasn't a genuine sale just something to get the fans off his back?
  • Options
    Well said, Grandad.
  • Options

It's a good question - weren't there suspicions that it wasn't a genuine sale just something to get the fans off his back?
    There were, and also a modified version which says that Venanzi didn't have the money to pay RD so RD agreed deferred payments (at a suitable rate of interest, doubtless). It seems true that Venanzi has had to button regarding RD after some initial outburst when he first inspected the books, and this may be the reason.

All that said, the Socios seem convinced they have got shot of him and that Standard is in a much better place as a club. They are away on Sunday, unfortunately, (I would love to see a game there) but they are live on TV against Mechelen at 6, which we will watch before dinner and discussion. I hope I'll have the definitive answers, although the Staprix accounts (which the Trust has) do not give much detail away.

• Options
    Thanks @Chris_from_Sidcup I didn't realise it had already been posted, apologies for the duplication everyone!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Exactly, he could sell us to one of his mates ha ha mates what was I thinking of ...one of his business aquaintances
  • Options
    Badger said:

One of the many local people who came and spoke with us in the square, he was sympathetic and wished us luck.

@Badger what's the chances this fella's been missing for two days?
  • Options

Anecdote:

I was at a lock in in a bar in St Truiden at about 3:30 am.

People dancing on tables etc, really loud party atmosphere.

I sat down for just two minutes to reply to some texts and then the music cut out.

I looked up to where the barman had his laptop for the music, and he was staring at me.

Then he pressed play and probably the most surreal thing that has ever happened to me occurred.

The music that came out of the speakers included tunes such as "Wanky, wanky, wanky Millwall", "Build a bonfire, put the Palace on the top", "You dirty northern bastards", "the Orient Family" and "VFR".

Where they found this, I have no idea - the locals were loving it.

I was so drunk I could hardly work out what was happening and it wasn't until the next day that I realised how funny it was.

Presumably this?
    https://open.spotify.com/album/1iNauPVYV2MeWvdSDoZmcG

Great story though!
  • Options

Anecdote:

I was at a lock in in a bar in St Truiden at about 3:30 am.

People dancing on tables etc, really loud party atmosphere.

I sat down for just two minutes to reply to some texts and then the music cut out.

I looked up to where the barman had his laptop for the music, and he was staring at me.

Then he pressed play and probably the most surreal thing that has ever happened to me occurred.

The music that came out of the speakers included tunes such as "Wanky, wanky, wanky Millwall", "Build a bonfire, put the Palace on the top", "You dirty northern bastards", "the Orient Family" and "VFR".

Where they found this, I have no idea - the locals were loving it.

I was so drunk I could hardly work out what was happening and it wasn't until the next day that I realised how funny it was.

Presumably this?
    https://open.spotify.com/album/1iNauPVYV2MeWvdSDoZmcG

Great story though!
    Ha, yep - that'll be the one.

I remember the Andy Hunt song, too.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Just seen the video of banner outside restaurant with Roland looking uncomfortable. Why on earth didn't anyone go in and have a rant at the. I could not have resisted telling him to Sell our Club, Sack Liar and that he was an utter failure at Charlton and Politics. Blimey missed opportunity or what !