Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#TaxiForRoland: CARD launches three-day birthday trip to Belgium (Nov 2016)

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options

I've never understood why certain people crave wealth & power, particularly in their latter years, but they do.

Presumably, it's what they are, it's what validates them.

Exactly CE. For some people wealth and the influence it brings is everything. And a number of equally shallow people are actually impressed by it, and defer to those that have it. Which in turn gives the greedy money grabbers a sense of self worth, being surrounded by yes-(wo)men of the kind described by Seth.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Yep, please continue as you are. Keep it polite etc and you'll maintain the backing of the majority of the fans and the media. Cross the line even slightly & you'll provide the ammunition against the protestors. But of course you know this from the reaction to previously banging on the door of Meire's parents. There were a substantial amount that thought that was too much & Talksport also said the same.

Thanks for all you do & keep your calm. Involve some women if you can, because they are trying to play the sexist card now. Remember, they'll try anything to cling on to power.

Roland out !

Yawn, dont you just love it when someone sits in their armchair giving out instructions on how/where and when to do it.
    Sorry you took my comments as an insult. They weren't meant to be & personally I had no issue with you knocking on Meire's parents door.
    However, it's not only Charlton supporters you have to keep onside, it's the media and football world.
    Well done anyway.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Probably the most striking thing from my perspective was the similarity between Katrien's lying and 3 of the staff of RM we met. The bloke at the stadium (Peter) who first came out and pretended to be a local reporter, then said everything is private property (as Seth said) including the pavement, also that there were no vacancies at the hotel (St T in Novemeber? I don't think so). Followed by the, much more pleasant, senior managers who came out at Melexis and repeatedly denied RM has anything to do with Melexis (staff I spoke to on their way in talked about RM, and what he was like as a 'boss', saying they hadn't seen him in the last 6 years). The ease and spontaneity that they came out with the lies - as if they totally believed them. Their facial expressions were that of total belief that black was white. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they could pass a lie detector test.

It is, I suppose, just about possible the Melexis people were being straight.
    A quick look at the Melexis web site shows that RD's position as chairman is a non-executive role. There are others that appear to hold down the executive jobs. Although it is a little odd that five of the six board members are non-execs. The exception being Ms Chombar who is CEO. It is also odd that her degree is in language translation rather than anything to do with management, engineering or electronics! Also there appears to be no one on the board with a finance role. How does that work?

Anyway, although RD founded the company, it is possible that all he does now is attend the board meetings and pick up his dividend cheque.
    Although, allegedly, he does have a live stream sent to his home address of the operators working on the production floors...

Updated to say the annual report & accounts seem to indicate that he doesn't even take remuneration for being Chairman. The largest shareholder, owning over half the business, seems to be another company called Xtrion. I seem to recall that we know RD and someone called De Winter own this business, is that right?
    None of the three executive directors are remunerated by Melexis and the three independent non exec directors receive a token 15K plus expenses. Suggests Roland prefers to personally employ people and pay them privately.