Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Charlton Support

I know we have our problems and personally I don't support the current regime I hate them with a passion but after watching Leeds who themselves have problems with Cellino sell out and have a wonderful support, both ends behind the goal creating noise standing up supporting there team for 90 mins whilst we get 8992 at home, ok we are in league 1 but surely rather than hit Roland in the pocket which clearly doesn't effect him, we should fill The Valley out rather than boycott, I don't think he cares if we have 8992 fans there. Wouldn't he be affected more by 27000 fans singing we want Roland out then 8992? He's a millionaire he doesn't need the money, I'm sure he would be happy for us to hover in the lower leagues like his other clubs. I don't usually post on here just read and listen to people's opinions so be good to hear what people think. Was a season ticket holder for 17 years since 96 currently not going as I now live in the south west but only attend away games

Comments

• Options
    boycott completely.3000 in stadium yesterday by all accounts.If they could stop going JUST IMAGINE THE PUBLICITY IF NO ONE ATTENDED a game.
  • Options
    WSS lol thought someone might bring that up
  • Options
    Totally happy with Chris Powell getting sacked as he played negative football just like Russell Slade, that isn't he point I'm talking about, regardless of the manager Leeds have, they have thousands of fans turn up every week and cheer, create an atmosphere which isnt replicated in many stadiums in the championship
  • Options
    WSS said:

First post since March 2014 when you started a discussion about being happy that Chris Powell was sacked.

How have you been?

#awkward
  • Options
    Slowly but surely we are heading towars a total boycott without needing to organise one. There will always be a couple of thousand who will go no matter what, some of them just to say they were there amongst whatever the piddling gate may be. The fact that the club is giving out large numbers of comps which either aren't used or which never actually reach anyone, tells you how embarrassed Meire must be by just how much she's shrunk the club. What she can't do is hide the bottom-line from Duchatelet. Another skelping loss this season offset by the enforced sale of Lookman and then Konsa. So the cycle begins again.
  • Options
    Lets all boycott then have 1000 fans in the ground, players dejected and not bothered dead atmosphere after all that's what football is about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite a year ago telling a telesales person I would not attend until Belgians are gone, I got a text offering deal for the Scunthorpe match. I text back asking for no more marketing contact. I wonder how long it will be until I get a free comp offer to hide their embarrasement of the empty stadium.

If someone has Roly's e-mail they should send the picture of the empty stands taken from the NU.
  • Options
    If you're impressed so much by Leeds, why not go and support them instead?
  • Options
    You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime
  • Options
    WSS said:

First post since March 2014 when you started a discussion about being happy that Chris Powell was sacked.

How have you been?

*ahem*
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Lets all boycott then have 1000 fans in the ground, players dejected and not bothered dead atmosphere after all that's what football is about?

RD/KM aren't bothered what football is all about, they made their bed now they have to lie in it. Why would players be dejected & not bothered ?
  • Options
    Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime

See you on Saturday then?
    Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
  • Options
    Ah, the old "he's a millionaire so isn't bothered about money" line gets trotted out again.

Well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

I think the ting is Oli, and it might be a controversial thing to say, but most fans dont want success under the current regime because it could be viewed as potentially extending their reign, which, i think you will agree, has been nothing less than a disaster.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Those days have gone and won't change till the Belgians depart.
    Hate to say it then shirty5 it's people like you that are making the situation worst. I agree the regime are killing this club with the non interest to achieve and disloyalty to the fans and no interest to interact with us, I also agree C.A.R.D are doing all they can to help people outside the club see what they are doing, but I do believe us as Charlton fans would be better off sticking together 27000 of us cheering the team, anti regime songs the lot. Intimidating the opposition and being what we are great fans as a group like the back to the valley campaign
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

"we" are addressing it, we're protesting and trying to get him out.

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Clearly things are no where near as bad at Leeds as Charlton.

Your comments remind me of others who come on here for a few weeks with pro regime and their team stuff, and disappear just as quickly.

There is only one aim. New owners.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

See you on Saturday then?
    Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
    So the "we should be filling the Valley" is not going to be including you then.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

olicafc90 said:

Clearly things are no where near as bad at Leeds as Charlton.

Your comments remind me of others who come on here for a few weeks with pro regime and their team stuff, and disappear just as quickly.

There is only one aim. New owners.
    I'm certainly not pro regime
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

I think the ting is Oli, and it might be a controversial thing to say, but most fans dont want success under the current regime because it could be viewed as potentially extending their reign, which, i think you will agree, has been nothing less than a disaster.
    Even if we get promoted through the play offs which is still a possibility, I cannot see attendance rising significantly in the Championship (Not including away support) under the current set up.

I doubt we will get over 15k for any league match this season.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Isn't that pretty much what's happening now?
  • Options
    drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Isn't that pretty much what's happening now?
    Is that what you want as a fan?