Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Charlton Support

1235»

Comments

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Fair on what people think, each to their own. Good debate anyway

Night night Nigel.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

olicafc90 said:

Night night Nigel.
    More interested in calling a fellow fan a Nigel and talking about Sidcup rubbish dump, OK

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Off_it said:

olicafc90 said:

Night night Nigel.
    More interested in calling a fellow fan a Nigel and talking about Sidcup rubbish dump, OK

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Is the bloke moaning about people not going to The Valley when he hardly goes himself?

He's the sort of bloke that moans about the Government but never votes!!

I'll tell you what I'll buy a half season ticket put money in Roland's pocket and go every week, spend hundreds of pounds getting the train from Taunton every week Charlton are at home, my deication to Charlton is there. When you read the negativity on here basically telling people to stay away it's depressing, should I not go? Should I boycott and protest from the comfort of my sofa or turn up to shout at an empty window outside the west. You decide?

Plenty of people who live in Taunton and beyond that attend the valley regularly mate so I'd shut up bleating if I were you. If you wanna stay away fine but don't give it the old "Its too far for me to come" line.
  • Options
    drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Is the bloke moaning about people not going to The Valley when he hardly goes himself?

I'll tell you what I'll buy a half season ticket put money in Roland's pocket and go every week, spend hundreds of pounds getting the train from Taunton every week Charlton are at home, my deication to Charlton is there. When you read the negativity on here basically telling people to stay away it's depressing, should I not go? Should I boycott and protest from the comfort of my sofa or turn up to shout at an empty window outside the west. You decide?

Plenty of people who live in Taunton and beyond that attend the valley regularly mate so I'd shut up bleating if I were you. If you wanna stay away fine but don't give it the old "Its too far for me to come" line.
    Not really sure you've read the whole tread as I said I do attend the valley but people on here are saying rather than my opinion of filling the valley we should boycott

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Would you not rather be in a stadium full of Charlton fans cheering the team on? Rather than involved in a toxic atmosphere calling for the head of certain SMT who quite obviously are not bothered by what we do

Best you start to practice what you preach methinks
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Oli I was a season ticket for 21 years but I feel very disillusioned with whats going on at Charlton it made me not renew my ST for this season. The only way to re-fill the Valley at the moment is Roland selling up!

I understand but I disagree, some pr**k who has bought our club has ruined it granted but us as fans staying away he's winning, he's got a club where he has control to do what he wants. Do you not feel 27000 fans singing would be more effective than 8992?
    It will not make a diffference. Man Utd, Leeds etc have huge crowds in their Stadiums and they campaigned for their owners to sell up but it has made no difference whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

OP. So far you have assumed that I'm boycotting, refused to answer a few questions that I've asked of you and labelled me as being part of the problem when I pressed you for answers.
    You're either a child, a retard, a WUM or a complete bell end.
    I'd go all of the above.
    See you next Saturday.

Or, in my case, see you next Tuesday !

(Thanks @Sam lloyd !)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Oli I was a season ticket for 21 years but I feel very disillusioned with whats going on at Charlton it made me not renew my ST for this season. The only way to re-fill the Valley at the moment is Roland selling up!

I understand but I disagree, some pr**k who has bought our club has ruined it granted but us as fans staying away he's winning, he's got a club where he has control to do what he wants. Do you not feel 27000 fans singing would be more effective than 8992?
    It will not make a diffference. Man Utd, Leeds etc have huge crowds in their Stadiums and they campaigned for their owners to sell up but it has made no difference whatsoever.
    DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Maybe it will maybe it won't but with 27000 Charlton fans inside a stadium roaring the team on to team win I reckon we will win more than loose. Charlton has never been an intimidating place to come and I think that is a massive downfall to us. An empty stadium is a sore sight for every single one of our eyes, that's what the regime is doing to us, why can't filling the stadium act as reverse psychology to them? Show them we won't go just because your in charge
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

Those days have gone and won't change till the Belgians depart.
    Hate to say it then shirty5 it's people like you that are making the situation worst. I agree the regime are killing this club with the non interest to achieve and disloyalty to the fans and no interest to interact with us, I also agree C.A.R.D are doing all they can to help people outside the club see what they are doing, but I do believe us as Charlton fans would be better off sticking together 27000 of us cheering the team, anti regime songs the lot. Intimidating the opposition and being what we are great fans as a group like the back to the valley campaign
    You seem to be living in a bit of a dream world Oli.
    When was the last time we had 27K in the ground - I can't remember.
    You can't suddenly conjour them up out of nowhere and certainly not in the current climate.

In an ideal world yes, Charlton fans sticking together but you only need to read the content put out by some on SE7 Valiants to know that this is already now a pipe-dream.

By the way, the boycott is still a matter of personal choice. I don't recall any organisation saying don't go.
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

Hate to say it then shirty5 it's people like you that are making the situation worst. I agree the regime are killing this club with the non interest to achieve and disloyalty to the fans and no interest to interact with us, I also agree C.A.R.D are doing all they can to help people outside the club see what they are doing, but I do believe us as Charlton fans would be better off sticking together 27000 of us cheering the team, anti regime songs the lot. Intimidating the opposition and being what we are great fans as a group like the back to the valley campaign
    You can't suddenly conjour them up out of nowhere and certainly not in the current climate.

In an ideal world yes, Charlton fans sticking together but you only need to read the content put out by some on SE7 Valiants to know that this is already now a pipe-dream.

By the way, the boycott is still a matter of personal choice. I don't recall any organisation saying don't go.
    Exactly we haven't had 27000 in years mate. Why can't we conjour up the fans? We got back to the valley? We as Charlton fans can do anything, I think your accepting defeat. Why not post leaflets through to all Charlton fans asking for backing by attending. C.A.R.D send out a message to fans to attend and have a day of full capacity protesting, reckon that would make a massive statement on sky/BBC

• Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime

See you on Saturday then?
    Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
    I don't think anyone really cares what you do mate. Everyone can react to the regime and the club how they wish to.
    Then again that is a massive problem with our fan base because as a fan of our club or any club you should be inviting people like myself to go to any match they can to show their support for the team
    Why do you need an invite ?!
    Doesn't every club want new supporters? How would we expand

Er, you're not new though are you.
    Do you want new supporters when you and I are no longer here to support our club? Currently I doubt many people would want to come to Charlton to watch football as it has a poisonous atmosphere
    So you are boycotting ? Or you're not going because you're in the South West ?
    How do you know I'm boycotting anyway ?
    When I'm in London I make it a vital part of my life to go to a game, I lived in Orpington for 24 years and like I said I was a ST holder for 17 years, as im now situated in the SW it's hard to go every week. I do go to away games though and will be at Bristol on Tuesday
    Goodie !

Just shout out " Fanny!" and I'll wave my humbugs at you.

:smile:

Or shout of "humbugs!" and she'll wave her...

well, you get the picture.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

It's not that much from Orpington. Get yourself an Oyster card.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    olicafc90 said:

Off_it said:

olicafc90 said:

Night night Nigel.

To be fair, the Sidcup rubbish dump speaks a lot more sense than you. It's also a damn sight more interesting.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Exactly we haven't had 27000 in years mate. Why can't we conjour up the fans? We got back to the valley? We as Charlton fans can do anything, I think your accepting defeat. Why not post leaflets through to all Charlton fans asking for backing by attending. C.A.R.D send out a message to fans to attend and have a day of full capacity protesting, reckon that would make a massive statement on sky/BBC

Whoa, I'm not taking that lying down but you seem to be all over the place with your arguments.
    Surely, the Flying Pigs protest was in effect a CARD message to attend in order to make the protest effective and did achieve huge and indeed world-wide coverage.

Tell you what! PM me and we can discuss further at HT at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday and perhaps you might be able to explain where you are coming from on this - I'm still uncertain.

• Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Whoa, I'm not taking that lying down but you seem to be all over the place with your arguments.
    Surely, the Flying Pigs protest was in effect a CARD message to attend in order to make the protest effective and did achieve huge and indeed world-wide coverage.

Tell you what! PM me and we can discuss further at HT at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday and perhaps you might be able to explain where you are coming from on this - I'm still uncertain.

I would be delighted. See you at HT ;)

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Pipe dream I totally agree.

Looking at Oli's initial post without blinkers on, I also agree. It ain't ever going to happen but I would rather see 27000 protesting than the Library that I go to. Been in Lower North with my family for more years that I can remember.It is so sad and I would rather have a venomous atmosphere than apathy.

As I have said never gonna happen.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

Maybe it will maybe it won't but with 27000 Charlton fans inside a stadium roaring the team on to team win I reckon we will win more than loose. Charlton has never been an intimidating place to come and I think that is a massive downfall to us. An empty stadium is a sore sight for every single one of our eyes, that's what the regime is doing to us, why can't filling the stadium act as reverse psychology to them? Show them we won't go just because your in charge
    15th May 2005.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

I know we have our problems and personally I don't support the current regime I hate them with a passion but after watching Leeds who themselves have problems with Cellino sell out and have a wonderful support, both ends behind the goal creating noise standing up supporting there team for 90 mins whilst we get 8992 at home, ok we are in league 1 but surely rather than hit Roland in the pocket which clearly doesn't effect him, we should fill The Valley out rather than boycott, I don't think he cares if we have 8992 fans there. Wouldn't he be affected more by 27000 fans singing we want Roland out then 8992? He's a millionaire he doesn't need the money, I'm sure he would be happy for us to hover in the lower leagues like his other clubs. I don't usually post on here just read and listen to people's opinions so be good to hear what people think. Was a season ticket holder for 17 years since 96 currently not going as I now live in the south west but only attend away games

Just got in, read your original post and stopped there, complete fail.

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

DiscoCAFC said:

olicafc90 said:

DiscoCAFC said:

27k is a pipe dream. The club have a group called Target 20k and since it's inception more and more fans have left. Many aren't actively boycotting either, they're just pissed off with the regime and have decided enough is enough. The worst part is, many may never come back, and this will be part of the terrible legacy left by the current owner and his piss poor management team. It could take many years to not only rebuild the club itself, but also to bring back the thousands of fans who have walked away.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

I would be delighted. See you at HT ;)

Just back from watching Humans

ok, lets discuss....................... at HT,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll PM you then.

The thrust of my argument will be that you seem to expect CARD to be the ones filling the ground.
    whereas I would suggest that if the Club had been run properly over the past few years the attendances would not have slumped to where they are currently ...or something on those lines.
  • Options
    Olicafc90, you seem to presume that RD and KM want what the fans want: a winning team, the community club spirit we all love and consequently a good day with friends and family. They do not care about any of that. RD bought CAFC to be part of a network that brings youth players through to make a profit, for himself, and to transfer players around the clubs to avoid transfer fees. The structure and community links of CAFC are irrelevant to him, hence facilitating the destruction caused by KM's poor management. He bought this club for totally different reasons than I had hoped and it will never regain its soul and heart, the fans, until he sells!
    Personally, I would rather watch AFC Charlton than the slow death of the club once so revered by me and all, far and wide.
  • Options
    Can't stand bullying

Gonna look into it
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime

Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
    I don't think anyone really cares what you do mate. Everyone can react to the regime and the club how they wish to.
    Then again that is a massive problem with our fan base because as a fan of our club or any club you should be inviting people like myself to go to any match they can to show their support for the team

Do you want new supporters when you and I are no longer here to support our club? Currently I doubt many people would want to come to Charlton to watch football as it has a poisonous atmosphere
    When I'm in London I make it a vital part of my life to go to a game, I lived in Orpington for 24 years and like I said I was a ST holder for 17 years, as im now situated in the SW it's hard to go every week. I do go to away games though and will be at Bristol on Tuesday
    Goodie !

Oi !!!!

What's the flag for @bolloxbolder ????

Did your finger slip.....?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Goodie !

Oi !!!!

What's the flag for @bolloxbolder ????

Did your finger slip.....?
    Yes sorry will go back and remove.
  • Options
    Anyone meet Oli at half time then....?
    Or hear him?
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Nigel?