Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Charlton Support

Comments

• Options

Is the bloke moaning about people not going to The Valley when he hardly goes himself?

He's the sort of bloke that moans about the Government but never votes!!

I'll tell you what I'll buy a half season ticket put money in Roland's pocket and go every week, spend hundreds of pounds getting the train from Taunton every week Charlton are at home, my deication to Charlton is there. When you read the negativity on here basically telling people to stay away it's depressing, should I not go? Should I boycott and protest from the comfort of my sofa or turn up to shout at an empty window outside the west. You decide?

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Is the bloke moaning about people not going to The Valley when he hardly goes himself?

I'll tell you what I'll buy a half season ticket put money in Roland's pocket and go every week, spend hundreds of pounds getting the train from Taunton every week Charlton are at home, my deication to Charlton is there. When you read the negativity on here basically telling people to stay away it's depressing, should I not go? Should I boycott and protest from the comfort of my sofa or turn up to shout at an empty window outside the west. You decide?

My choice would be to go
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

My choice would be to go
    Bye then.
  • Options
    OP. So far you have assumed that I'm boycotting, refused to answer a few questions that I've asked of you and labelled me as being part of the problem when I pressed you for answers.
    You're either a child, a retard, a WUM or a complete bell end.
    I'd go all of the above.
    See you next Saturday.
  • Options
    Would you not rather be in a stadium full of Charlton fans cheering the team on? Rather than involved in a toxic atmosphere calling for the head of certain SMT who quite obviously are not bothered by what we do
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Would you not rather be in a stadium full of Charlton fans cheering the team on? Rather than involved in a toxic atmosphere calling for the head of certain SMT who quite obviously are not bothered by what we do

Is Roland questioning why the gate receipts are so low Katie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

OP. So far you have assumed that I'm boycotting, refused to answer a few questions that I've asked of you and labelled me as being part of the problem when I pressed you for answers.
    You're either a child, a retard, a WUM or a complete bell end.
    I'd go all of the above.
    See you next Saturday.

I take it you're not going Tuesday then @alan dugdale would've made interesting reading that :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    olicafc90 said:

You still haven't explained how the former could be achieved in L1. You may think "negativity" doesn't help, but that's not same as the absence of negativity or even mindless positivity delivering "a stadium full of Charlton fans". Without that, your choice is an entirely false one.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Yep, definitely, and that's why Roland has to sell, because we will not see a stadium full of Charlton fans cheering on the team until he and Meire are gone.
  • Options
    Are you in the South West now? Just asking...?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Yep, definitely, and that's why Roland has to sell, because we will not see a stadium full of Charlton fans cheering on the team until he and Meire are gone.
    My point is we should regardless of the ownership come together like we have on so many occasions and fill the stadium out. I think you would like many other Charlton fans enjoy the game with a packed stadium, I think it would show Kateien unity amongst a great fan base if we filled it out, maybe just once not only to show her but other fans what we could do

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

My point is we should regardless of the ownership come together like we have on so many occasions and fill the stadium out. I think you would like many other Charlton fans enjoy the game with a packed stadium, I think it would show Kateien unity amongst a great fan base if we filled it out, maybe just once not only to show her but other fans what we could do

They will just think that a full stadium is down to them and start patting themselves on the back...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Yes

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

Why are you so keen to "cheer the team" on? Any success the team have on the pitch will seen by the owners as success and they will dine out on it for years. I would like to see us stay mid table in league one this season playing in empty stadiums so next years report to the BBC reads something like "Roland has now invested £50 million and we are still trying to get promoted back to the Championship".
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

WSS said:

Yes

Point in asking?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

Why are you so keen to "cheer the team" on? Any success the team have on the pitch will seen by the owners as success and they will dine out on it for years. I would like to see us stay mid table in league one this season playing in empty stadiums so next years report to the BBC reads something like "Roland has now invested £50 million and we are still trying to get promoted back to the Championship".
    Do you not go to the football to watch your team win? That's football ain't it, no prize for being second best in a match? Clearly 'cheering the team on' is better than not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

olicafc90 said:

Do you not go to the football to watch your team win? That's football ain't it, no prize for being second best in a match? Clearly 'cheering the team on' is better than not?

olicafc90 said:

we should fill The Valley out rather than boycott, I don't think he cares if we have 8992 fans there. Wouldn't he be affected more by 27000 fans singing we want Roland out then 8992?

olicafc90 said:

make your mind up
    fair enough contradicted myself there but my point is obvious, 27000 cheering the team on or 8992?

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Why are you guys falling for this thread?

• Options
    edited November 2016

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

WSS said:

Yes

Point in asking?
    Probably as your IP address shows to be somewhere much much closer to 'home'....

I can definitely hear that countdown clock now :open_mouth: .
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

WSS said:

Yes

Point in asking?
    Probably as your IP address shows to be somewhere much much closer to 'home'....

Got company wifi which shows an IP address which if you have access says Orpington? But I can assure you I'm in Chard, Somerset, the birth place of Ben Hamer

• Options
    Orpington would be acceptable.

Norwood..... ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Orpington would be acceptable.

Norwood..... ;-)

Nailed it, can I have a promote please?
    (Assistant to the People's Moderator) :wink:
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

Rubbish, footballers do not care about the supporters, purely that their wages are paid on time.
  • Options
    Fair on what people think, each to their own. Good debate anyway