Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Charlton Support

Comments

• Options
    I think the boycott or not debate is one we won't agree on. I can see both sides of the argument and am of the view that the financial impact won't be enough to force his hand. I do think that protests rattle the SMT, that woman particularly, and this will affect the way they work. My fear is that a percentage will get used to not going and not return, and that potential new fans will turn up once or twice and then go somewhere else which feels like a match that matters is taking place.

The compromise is to target ever three or four games for people to turn up and make life hell for that woman (and pretty soon for Chris O'Loughlin when she names his as acting interim head coach).
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime

Pop along yourself then.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Lets all boycott then have 1000 fans in the ground, players dejected and not bothered dead atmosphere after all that's what football is about?

Isn't that pretty much what's happening now?
    Is that what you want as a fan?
    No, that's why I'm protesting. How many more times?
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

You just highlighted a massive point then no one is happy the gates are small and the atmosphere is flat, isn't that something we should be addressing if our achievement is promotion? To cheer this team regardless of the regime

See you on Saturday then?
    Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
    I don't think anyone really cares what you do mate. Everyone can react to the regime and the club how they wish to.
  • Options
    drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Going on Tuesday to Bristol Rovers to shout the loudest I can to cheer the boys on to victory if that is ok with you? Or should I stay away and boycott?
    I don't think anyone really cares what you do mate. Everyone can react to the regime and the club how they wish to.
    Then again that is a massive problem with our fan base because as a fan of our club or any club you should be inviting people like myself to go to any match they can to show their support for the team
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Then again that is a massive problem with our fan base because as a fan of our club or any club you should be inviting people like myself to go to any match they can to show their support for the team
    Good for you, you're a hero. Look forward to your match report afterwards.
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Lets all boycott then have 1000 fans in the ground, players dejected and not bothered dead atmosphere after all that's what football is about?

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Surely C.A.R.D could make a difference by inviting people to fill the ground out and protesting with a full capacity instead of 8992 in the ground not making any noise
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

Those days have gone and won't change till the Belgians depart.
    Hate to say it then shirty5 it's people like you that are making the situation worst. I agree the regime are killing this club with the non interest to achieve and disloyalty to the fans and no interest to interact with us, I also agree C.A.R.D are doing all they can to help people outside the club see what they are doing, but I do believe us as Charlton fans would be better off sticking together 27000 of us cheering the team, anti regime songs the lot. Intimidating the opposition and being what we are great fans as a group like the back to the valley campaign
    People like me! Don't judge me when you don't know me Oliver.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Surely C.A.R.D could make a difference by inviting people to fill the ground out and protesting with a full capacity instead of 8992 in the ground not making any noise
    Surely you could make a difference by not missing the point again and again
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Why do you need an invite ?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Why are you guys falling for this thread?

It's a miserable winter Sunday afternoon and they're bored?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Doesn't every club want new supporters? How would we expand

• Options
    shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

Sam Lloyd appreciate your comment, but if you were a footballer playing in a stadium with not even a third full ground what dedication and commitment to the club would you feel? I love the club like every person on here does too, if we showed these players we care about the club by filling the ground out and cheering them on surely they would give that extra 10% and maybe just maybe we would be better than we are

Hate to say it then shirty5 it's people like you that are making the situation worst. I agree the regime are killing this club with the non interest to achieve and disloyalty to the fans and no interest to interact with us, I also agree C.A.R.D are doing all they can to help people outside the club see what they are doing, but I do believe us as Charlton fans would be better off sticking together 27000 of us cheering the team, anti regime songs the lot. Intimidating the opposition and being what we are great fans as a group like the back to the valley campaign
    shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

So you think it's better people stay away? Sit at home and watch Jeff Sterling on soccer Saturday

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Er, you're not new though are you.
  • Options
    Cellino may not be the ideal owner, but at least he goes to all of their games
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

Surely you could make a difference by not missing the point again and again
    And that point is?

• Options
    aliwibble said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Why are you guys falling for this thread?

It's a miserable winter Sunday afternoon and they're bored?
    Think it's more bases all the fact we love this club and we are having a friendly debate

• Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Do you want new supporters when you and I are no longer here to support our club? Currently I doubt many people would want to come to Charlton to watch football as it has a poisonous atmosphere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

shirty5 said:

olicafc90 said:

So you think it's better people stay away? Sit at home and watch Jeff Sterling on soccer Saturday

Please find a comment on here, where I have asked people to stay away. You won't find one.

• Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Do you want new supporters when you and I are no longer here to support our club? Currently I doubt many people would want to come to Charlton to watch football as it has a poisonous atmosphere
    So you are boycotting ? Or you're not going because you're in the South West ?
    How do you know I'm boycotting anyway ?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Oli I was a season ticket for 21 years but I feel very disillusioned with whats going on at Charlton it made me not renew my ST for this season. The only way to re-fill the Valley at the moment is Roland selling up!

I understand but I disagree, some pr**k who has bought our club has ruined it granted but us as fans staying away he's winning, he's got a club where he has control to do what he wants. Do you not feel 27000 fans singing would be more effective than 8992?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

I know we have our problems and personally I don't support the current regime I hate them with a passion but after watching Leeds who themselves have problems with Cellino sell out and have a wonderful support, both ends behind the goal creating noise standing up supporting there team for 90 mins whilst we get 8992 at home, ok we are in league 1 but surely rather than hit Roland in the pocket which clearly doesn't effect him, we should fill The Valley out rather than boycott, I don't think he cares if we have 8992 fans there. Wouldn't he be affected more by 27000 fans singing we want Roland out then 8992? He's a millionaire he doesn't need the money, I'm sure he would be happy for us to hover in the lower leagues like his other clubs. I don't usually post on here just read and listen to people's opinions so be good to hear what people think. Was a season ticket holder for 17 years since 96 currently not going as I now live in the south west but only attend away games

No he wouldn't and you know why? Because he doesn't go to our games so he couldn't give a shit if there's 27k chanting Roland out or 15 people. He's not here, he doesn't hear it. But you can guarantee he sees the finances and is well aware our crowds have dramatically dropped.

And as for "he doesn't need the money", that is true, he doesn't. But reading reports from those that went over last week, plenty of the locals over in Belgium were pretty adamant that all he cares about is money, he's a tight fucker so will definitely care if we're losing money.
    It was also stated Charlton makes up to 1.5% of his total business so is it hitting him in the pocket?
  • Options

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

When I'm in London I make it a vital part of my life to go to a game, I lived in Orpington for 24 years and like I said I was a ST holder for 17 years, as im now situated in the SW it's hard to go every week. I do go to away games though and will be at Bristol on Tuesday
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

If I was a footballer I wouldn't give a toss whether I was playing in front of a packed stadium or a third full one, as long as I was getting paid. The onus is on the regime, not the supporters, we care about the club, THEY don't & that's the problem. Each & every one of us deals with that as we see fit. I attend all matches at The Valley with my 83 year old Dad, doesn't mean I like it. The regime have taken away everything I used to love about Charlton but they're NOT going to take away a Father/Daughter football tradition.
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

olicafc90 said:

If I was a footballer I wouldn't give a toss whether I was playing in front of a packed stadium or a third full one, as long as I was getting paid. The onus is on the regime, not the supporters, we care about the club, THEY don't & that's the problem. Each & every one of us deals with that as we see fit. I attend all matches at The Valley with my 83 year old Dad, doesn't mean I like it. The regime have taken away everything I used to love about Charlton but they're NOT going to take away a Father/Daughter football tradition.
    I would imagine if you asked the team what they prefer they would say a full packed stadium

• Options
    By chance got talking to a guy who had a complimentary ticket, asked if I needed a ticket, he had a dozen if I knew anyone else who needed a ticket. His wife works at Greenwich Uni Don't know if these unused comps would count for attendance figures.
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

drewman said:

olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

When I'm in London I make it a vital part of my life to go to a game, I lived in Orpington for 24 years and like I said I was a ST holder for 17 years, as im now situated in the SW it's hard to go every week. I do go to away games though and will be at Bristol on Tuesday
    And the answer to my third question is.........
  • Options
    olicafc90 said:

Sam lloyd said:

olicafc90 said:

I would imagine if you asked the team what they prefer they would say a full packed stadium

See you at The Valley on Saturday then.