Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options
    I think he comes across very well in that interview. God, I hope he can walk it like he talks it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When asked about COL, Robinson had the option to say 'I don't want to discuss that', or 'I don't want to discuss that at the moment as I need to get to know everybody first'.

He could hardly not answer the question, as it would make it look totally bizarre if C'OL was spotted around the club, but KR wasn't prepared to discuss him, especially as KR has been around the club in a watching brief since the middle of last week

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

@superclive I know its frustrating but what do we do? give him a chance, like the last 6, and the next 6?

Come on now, let's not pretend that many if not any of those were given a chance. Sad fact is that many don't want any of them to succeed in any way and that's the moral dilemma for us fans at the moment.
  • Options
    Wot no scarfy
  • Options
    I'm going to rid my shackles to support the new manager and regime. I have a Pinocchio mask, some Arab clothing with a blow up Palm tree and camel, a beach ball, a couple of pigs and a taxi going on EBay. Enjoy your moaning tossers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you think it was Alan McCormac he bumped in to at the oxo tower?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I agree, but that's the trouble with a ridiculous set up. They can't justify nonsense decisions, so have to lie.

So ok, KR probably told a white lie, but on the other hand, if he's offered someone to help with his workload and he's never worked with them, why not say yes it's fine, until he feels otherwise.

Yes, it's strange, but is he supposed to say that in the media, before his team has played a game ?

Give the guy a break and let's see how he gets on.

I do agree with everyone about CO'L, but it's not KR's making, other than accepting the job.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Says the right things to appeal to us, says the right things to please the regime...sussing the whole place out I reckon.

It will be interesting where he stands in a month or two once the Dreisen effect kicks in.

28th December - he'll probably be just behind Santa in the dole queue.
  • Options
    he should not be hung out to dry because of it, but odd to start with something that will clearly be seen by all and sundry as a lie. he would have not lost much with RD or the fans had he cagily replied that as C O'L had just joined he was staying on for now as part of the team. Not a lie ... so why pretend someone parachuted in as RD's eyes and ears so recently is just the person he would have picked for his backroom staff.
  • Options

I agree, but that's the trouble with a ridiculous set up. They can't justify nonsense decisions, so have to lie.

So ok, KR probably told a white lie, but on the other hand, if he's offered someone to help with his workload and he's never worked with them, why not say yes it's fine, until he feels otherwise.

Yes, it's strange, but is he supposed to say that in the media, before his team has played a game ?

It would have been a lot better to say nothing about COL in my view. I don't know if it was a lie of any colour, and in the present circumstances at the club what he said, however incredible, isn't a deal breaker, especially with regard to getting on with the football and bringing success, which I certainly want him to do.
    I will be there on Saturday god willing, and I want us to win.
  • Options
    Fully behind KR. I actually think he may do a good job unlike the rest of the chumps we've employed.

Roland isn't a patient man so let's see. But I'm a little more enthusiastic than I have been in a while regarding Charlton.
  • Options
    This thread (sadly) is indicative of the growing divide between those who want to continue the protests and those who appear to have decided nothing is likely to change so they might as well just back the team and leave it at that. Both sides have a right to their views and a right to have them respected. Some of the posts suggest respect is not too likely though. Well done, Roland, well done.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It would have been a lot better to say nothing about COL in my view. I don't know if it was a lie of any colour, and in the present circumstances at the club what he said, however incredible, isn't a deal breaker, especially with regard to getting on with the football and bringing success, which I certainly want him to do.
    If he had said nothing he'd have been criticised for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

iainment said:

Give Robinson a chance ffs. I don't understand the mentality of some of our supporters that say.

"If you take a job from Duchatelet, with all the information there is out there about him and Charlton, then you're the wrong person for the job."

So what do you propose then ? Do you want us to have no manager indefinitely ?

Do you think no manager is better than any manager ?

Please explain to me your better alternative.

Duchatelet goes.
    No, you don't understand, Duchatelet is here and he may be here for another 5 years.

So if Duchatelet is here for 5 years you would prefer us to have no manager ?

The simple choice is a manager is appointed, who you say is "the wrong person" or no manager is appointed.

I'm afraid that's very muddled thinking. Next, you'll be telling me you voted TUSC in the election.
    The negativity isn't so much around the new manager (although he may not help himself if this 'press conference' is anything to go by) but around the fact that we all know that they could appoint a team of Jose M, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger with Curbishley as head coach and it'd still end in failure. The manager isn't the main problem, the owners are (who in turn hire the managers). What makes you think that managers 1-6 were a flop but manager 7 won't be, I think in any other walk of life if you employed 7 staff members to do the same job and each one was a failure the blame would lie squarely at the hirer's door.

They are incapable of running a football club. Nothing in the past 24 months has shown me otherwise, yes KR is a better manager than some that came before but that doesn't change the fact that we have owners incapable of running an even remotely successful football club. If they haven't learnt from their mistakes by now (which they clearly haven't) appointing the recently sacked MKD manager isn't going to change that.

Next you'll be telling me that KR was their number one choice all along and only because he became available did they sack Slade.

Due to their incompetence we can pretty much only attract management and players of the more mercenary nature. No one in their right mind will come and work for these owners unless they have to.

I'm afraid there is plenty of negativity around the new manager, nit picking every bleeding word he says, before he's even been in charge for one game.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I'm just saying give the man the benefit of the doubt for now.

He may be good, average or poor, I've no idea (nor has anyone), but let's just give him a chance everyone.

We don't know if RD is more inclined to sell if we're Championship, League 1 or League 2, so on that basis I'd rather our aim was promotion.

Rob7Lee said:

iainment said:

Give Robinson a chance ffs. I don't understand the mentality of some of our supporters that say.

"If you take a job from Duchatelet, with all the information there is out there about him and Charlton, then you're the wrong person for the job."

So what do you propose then ? Do you want us to have no manager indefinitely ?

Do you think no manager is better than any manager ?

Please explain to me your better alternative.

Duchatelet goes.
    No, you don't understand, Duchatelet is here and he may be here for another 5 years.

So if Duchatelet is here for 5 years you would prefer us to have no manager ?

The simple choice is a manager is appointed, who you say is "the wrong person" or no manager is appointed.

I'm afraid that's very muddled thinking. Next, you'll be telling me you voted TUSC in the election.
    The negativity isn't so much around the new manager (although he may not help himself if this 'press conference' is anything to go by) but around the fact that we all know that they could appoint a team of Jose M, Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger with Curbishley as head coach and it'd still end in failure. The manager isn't the main problem, the owners are (who in turn hire the managers). What makes you think that managers 1-6 were a flop but manager 7 won't be, I think in any other walk of life if you employed 7 staff members to do the same job and each one was a failure the blame would lie squarely at the hirer's door.

They are incapable of running a football club. Nothing in the past 24 months has shown me otherwise, yes KR is a better manager than some that came before but that doesn't change the fact that we have owners incapable of running an even remotely successful football club. If they haven't learnt from their mistakes by now (which they clearly haven't) appointing the recently sacked MKD manager isn't going to change that.

Next you'll be telling me that KR was their number one choice all along and only because he became available did they sack Slade.

Due to their incompetence we can pretty much only attract management and players of the more mercenary nature. No one in their right mind will come and work for these owners unless they have to.

I'm afraid there is plenty of negativity around the new manager, nit picking every bleeding word he says, before he's even been in charge for one game.

I agree with the rest of your post, but I'm just saying give the man the benefit of the doubt for now.

He may be good, average or poor, I've no idea (nor has anyone), but let's just give him a chance everyone.

We don't know if RD is more inclined to sell if we're Championship, League 1 or League 2, so on that basis I'd rather our aim was promotion.
    Before you judge a man walk a mile in his shoes...... is what they say....... sadly we know the last 7 people to have walked in those shoes, those shoes are owned by RD so matters little whose wearing them. Same shoes with duct tape on them that only walk the path to failure. It's not KR's fault, but he chose to put them on........
  • Options

seth plum said:

If he had said nothing he'd have been criticised for that.
    You may be right. However it would have been a different kind of criticism.

I get that you have to answer the questions asked, and we will be able to see the whole 17 minute interview tomorrow to have a better understanding of context and tone, but at the moment it is better to be criticised for being evasive, than to be criticised for being economical with the truth as it were.
  • Options
    @SE7toSG3 I see your point but like you say what can we do. Throw more sponge things on to the pitch? That's not helping and is starting to become tiresome and a but embarrassing. Our best bet is some success on the filed and then an offer for the club that RD night take. It's that or continue to implode and destroy the club we all love. I just want to be able to go to a game with my kids and for them to supprt our team and for us all to be properly behind then bot turning on them and the owners the minute we go behind. Sad sad times.
  • Options
    Robinson has been quoted as saying something along the lines of "I'm not stupid , I know there's problems here"

He then goes on to apparently say that he wants to learn about why the fans are protesting!

:worried:

Luckily there's a new radio podcast about his network brothers and sisters coming out Wednesday!!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

SE7toSG3 said:

@superclive I know its frustrating but what do we do? give him a chance, like the last 6, and the next 6?

Come on now, let's not pretend that many if not any of those were given a chance. Sad fact is that many don't want any of them to succeed in any way and that's the moral dilemma for us fans at the moment.
    Really? Riga was a massive favourite and everyone was gutted he wasn't kept on in what was Roland's first major cock up.

Despite this, Peeters was well embraced and the fans sing his name wholeheartedly (Reading away near enough all game).

Luzon everyone was sceptical of first, mainly through the farcical way he got the job and the fact it had been in the Israel press a fortnight before. Yet he too won over supporters, particularly when he went bonkers on the pitch with the late winner v Hull.

Riga again was treated well by fans and never got any guff during his second spell.

So that just left Fraeye, possibly the daftest appointment there has ever been in football. And had it not been for the protests putting pressure on Meire and co to talk Roland out of it, then it would have been followed up with the 2nd daftest Upjest manager Nobby Vinegar.
    We clearly remember things differently. The initial reaction to Riga was definitely not a warm one. It was only the run of results that got people on side. Peters similar, some upset that Riga was not kept on and only the good start actually turned some opinions around.