Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options

I agree, but that's the trouble with a ridiculous set up. They can't justify nonsense decisions, so have to lie.

So ok, KR probably told a white lie, but on the other hand, if he's offered someone to help with his workload and he's never worked with them, why not say yes it's fine, until he feels otherwise.

Yes, it's strange, but is he supposed to say that in the media, before his team has played a game ?

Give the guy a break and let's see how he gets on.

I do agree with everyone about CO'L, but it's not KR's making, other than accepting the job.

O'Loughlin was in post before Robinson took the job. Let's be honest. What was he really supposed to say regarding CO'L ?

He was hardly going to say he wasn't either prepared or wanted to work with him was he.

Perhaps he should have sidestepped the issue a bit more adroitly but perhaps having a BBC camera in your face derails you a little. On the other hand perhaps after speaking with O'Loughlin he got on well and is happy for him to stay. We don't know although it would seem that Robinson has been judged already.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    It is important we give him a chance. As we have done every new manager. My advice to him would be to distance the playing side - his job - from the ownership. He might say something with the best intentions thinking it will help when it won't. If he gets the team playing for the shirt, the fans will take to him. That has to be his focus.
  • Options
    Just read his quotes and I want to believe him, any other circumstance I would be happy... But I'm afraid RD had turned me rather cynical with everything Charlton
  • Options

I agree, but that's the trouble with a ridiculous set up. They can't justify nonsense decisions, so have to lie.

So ok, KR probably told a white lie, but on the other hand, if he's offered someone to help with his workload and he's never worked with them, why not say yes it's fine, until he feels otherwise.

Yes, it's strange, but is he supposed to say that in the media, before his team has played a game ?

Give the guy a break and let's see how he gets on.

I do agree with everyone about CO'L, but it's not KR's making, other than accepting the job.

O'Loughlin was in post before Robinson took the job. Let's be honest. What was he really supposed to say regarding CO'L ?

He was hardly going to say he wasn't either prepared or wanted to work with him was he.

Perhaps he should have sidestepped the issue a bit more adroitly but perhaps having a BBC camera in your face derails you a little. On the other hand perhaps after speaking with O'Loughlin he got on well and is happy for him to stay. We don't know although it would seem that Robinson has been judged already.

You just say, "for now I'm keeping everyone in the building till I can get a good idea of what's what. Let's see how everything pans out in the coming weeks and months"

We haven't seen the actual quote yet. But if he did make a remark about being impressed with Congo Chris' record at St Truiden, it would seem a tad disingenuous.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Can I just clarify, is this the start of another "new era"?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we scored against Sheff Utd, All the protesters would have rose to their feet and cheered as I did. WhenSheffiled Utd scored, none of them would have. Surely everybody should understand this is true but there are some that seemingly don't. You can't apply the comments of one or two to everybody!
  • Options
    C'OL but aside that is the best press conference from a new manager I can remember. Says all the right things. Full of passion. Compare and contrast with 'I like to win.' Luzon for example.

It's only a press conference and at the end of the day, counts for little but a very promising start from KR for me.
  • Options

The negativity on here is getting tiresome; fewer and fewer people talking in ever decreasing circles. Let this be a breath of fresh air into not only the club but this forum. Move on. Support the team and manager and think the only time they are going to sell is when they have finished the training ground development and got into the championship.

I'll move on when the owner has, thanks.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    "The Belgiums have been the number one country in world football."

Love this
  • Options
    Yes, but the proof of the pudding is always in the eating. We gave Slade time and he needs the same. I know some may laugh at that, but I think we did. His negative tactics became a big issue, it wasn't about the regime. Let Robinson show if he is worthy of our support or not. I'm sure that it is all he would ask for at the end of the day.
  • Options

I'm only seeing one of two people saying they want us to lose and they have been saying that for ages and aren't as far as I can see part of CARD.

The same one or two people are saying they don't feel anything when we win.

Some people are saying they don't care who the new manager is because he is number 8, he won't be here long and crucially the manager isn't the problem.

I am reading lots of anti regime people saying KR has our support, as he has mine, DESPITE the regime.

So can we drop this "you protesters all want us to lose" lie that it being put around.

It just shows how little else the apologists have to offer to counter the obvious failings of the regime.

I want the team to win and always do. I just realise, and all the evidence is there in plain sight for all but the most blinkered to see, that we have more chance of winning with proper owners, not this mob who have failed again and again.

You wouldn't be talking about me when you refer to 'apologists' would you?

• Options
    Solidgone said:

I'm going to rid my shackles to support the new manager and regime. I have a Pinocchio mask, some Arab clothing with a blow up Palm tree and camel, a beach ball, a couple of pigs and a taxi going on EBay. Enjoy your moaning tossers!

Where do I get a "moaning tosser" and how do I enjoy it once I've got one?

Grammar Nazi, me?
  • Options
    "The club and Katrien said if that is what you want."

Don't bank on hearing that too often Karl.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can't wait to see how people pick holes in that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

We all know that this is not going to end well for Karl.
    History tells us he hasn't a cat in hell's chance of making this work.

Carter said:

I can see why people are sceptical, I am to an extent after the O'loughshit comments but surely most of us can agree that this is the most exciting managerial appointment we've made in years?

But those managers were rubbish network managers. Not surprising that they only lasted five minutes.
    Isn't this a battle that we've won?
    Along with no further network players?
    O'Laughlin is almost a hissy fit blip. But you never know, he may turn out to be ok.
    I think this is the reason some of the fire has gone out of the protests - we are, gradually, bit by bit, winning?
  • Options
    I like what I read in all the interviews: enthusiasm, passion, drive ... just what we need. So good luck Karl ... while it lasts.

I do hope it works out but, unfortunately, after so many changes, I do not trust Roland.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I like what I read in all the interviews: enthusiasm, passion, drive ... just what we need. So good luck Karl ... while it lasts.

I do hope it works out but, unfortunately, after so many changes, I do not trust Roland.

Aye, but enthusiasm will only get you so far. Enthusiasm won't fix the gaping deficiency in central midfield. Talk is cheap, Duchatelet needs to back him properly in the January transfer window. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

I'm only seeing one of two people saying they want us to lose and they have been saying that for ages and aren't as far as I can see part of CARD.

The same one or two people are saying they don't feel anything when we win.

Some people are saying they don't care who the new manager is because he is number 8, he won't be here long and crucially the manager isn't the problem.

I am reading lots of anti regime people saying KR has our support, as he has mine, DESPITE the regime.

So can we drop this "you protesters all want us to lose" lie that it being put around.

It just shows how little else the apologists have to offer to counter the obvious failings of the regime.

I want the team to win and always do. I just realise, and all the evidence is there in plain sight for all but the most blinkered to see, that we have more chance of winning with proper owners, not this mob who have failed again and again.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Haven't met many 'apologists' though. Almost everyone I talk to on match days would prefer a change of ownership or definitely want a change of ownership but nearly all express worries about wanting them out without knowing what comes next...it could actually get worse.

I also wonder who leads the "fan" chants of "We are going down" that sometimes comes from the north - I mean who really wants that and who thinks that chant helps anything. He will not sell until we go back up as that is his only chance (IMO) of getting a decent return on his 'investment'.
  • Options
    I've commented elsewhere about the ill-judged non-protest remarks (if they were made) and the O'Laughlin issue is amusing at best but the fuller record linked on page 3 of this thread is probably a better way to assess his opening comments. To me he sounded taken aback by the size of the fanbase and genuinely moved by the passion which he suggests he wants to harness. Perhaps more routinely he then emphasised how much he'll insist the players share that commitment.

Putting aside just for a moment the circumstances he's (knowingly) walked into, I don't see any problem at all with those comments. He just sounds stirred, enthused, and passionate himself. He'd doubtless prefer a full stadium with everyone pulling in the same direction but sadly that won't happen at the moment - his new employers have seen to that. Until he personally offends us in the way they have done though, I'll give him my support and look to see the evidence of those more positive words.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Missed It said:

stonemuse said:

Aye, but enthusiasm will only get you so far. Enthusiasm won't fix the gaping deficiency in central midfield. Talk is cheap, Duchatelet needs to back him properly in the January transfer window. I'm not holding my breath.
    It won't but with a game in hand on most teams we currently find ourselves 2 points off the play offs with a positive goal difference. as you allude to -Stay in touch for another month and the issue could get addressed. Of course knowing this regime, it could be cocked up - but Robisnson does have an opportunity.
  • Options
    just another example of the owner thinking the fans are idiots, showing just how dumb and or arrogant he in fact is, shame to taint a new manager at this early stage and put him in that position, yet more examples of how badly they run things. I wonder if the new comms manager had any thing to do with it, if so EPIC FAIL.

most important is that he is backed properly in the window, and of course knows how to spend the money wisely, the former has never worked out well under this lot.
  • Options
    Let's see what happens in the January transfer window before we judge if they're backing the manager for once.

They need to keep Lookman, probably get a keeper in, decide what they're doing with Tex and probably 2-3 central midfielders.
  • Options
    I cant see how Lookman is going to get cheaper in the summer - we can't replace him and he gives us an edge.