Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options
    sm said:

“Everything I asked of them – yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. It was quite infectious really."

Oh dear - I fear Karl has fallen for it. Yes lying is an infectious disease.

Probably just sneakily watching When Harry Met Sally under the desk....
  • Options

The negativity on here is getting tiresome; fewer and fewer people talking in ever decreasing circles. Let this be a breath of fresh air into not only the club but this forum. Move on. Support the team and manager and think the only time they are going to sell is when they have finished the training ground development and got into the championship.

I'm negative because the regime have made me negative. Never felt so disconnected as a Charlton fan. Not even the dark days of the 70''s and 80's have left me feeling like this
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I think it makes a lot of sense talking to ex players like Matt Holland. He was part of special times for our club, and I'd want to know as much as I could as to how it was achieved. It is upset me how our CEO has seemingly dismissed this success. Unfortuantely, one of the answers to that is unity acroos the club. That might not be so easy to achieve.

He seems to know Chrissy - so I'd have him high on that list. And Curbs too!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

The negativity on here is getting tiresome; fewer and fewer people talking in ever decreasing circles. Let this be a breath of fresh air into not only the club but this forum. Move on. Support the team and manager and think the only time they are going to sell is when they have finished the training ground development and got into the championship.

I'm negative because the regime have made me negative. Never felt so disconnected as a Charlton fan. Not even the dark days of the 70''s and 80's have left me feeling like this
    I agree. However, we choose our moods, without possibly realising it.

We can choose to be happy or miserable.

We can choose to be positive or negative.
  • Options
    Much more impressed by that than I was expecting. Was concerned from reading quotes that he was a bit rambling and more about passion than substance. However, on watching/ listening, he comes across as thoughtful, committed and a realist. He was honest about the "transfer by committee" approach - whether he can work well with that remains to be seen. Good that he already has more appreciation of the culture and history of CAFC than KM/RD ever will and he knows this division and what it takes to get out of it.

I doubt he appreciates yet just how wide and deep the rift is between a large majority of fans and the ownership/ CEO. How he goes about understanding that then dealing with it will be as important as all his technical skills on the training ground.

Forget our Sir Alex Ferguson, can he be our Dr Henry Kissinger?
  • Options
    Oh Karl Robinson
    You are the love of my life
    Oh Karl Robinson
    I'll let you shag my wife
    Oh Karl Robinson
    I wanna scouse accent too

No? I though the last bit might be going too far, even for @Covered End
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as he's not our Henry Irving ;0)
  • Options

As long as he's not our Henry Irving ;0)

You're lucky I'm in a good mood
  • Options
    Very impressed. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I think he has the potential to be a decent manager, the trouble is he has come to the right club at the wrong time!
  • Options
    will the new owners keep him on when the takeover goes through?
  • Options
    Comes across well, let's hope he's given the freedom to get on with things. If the Duchatelet model was one of bringing through youth players and keeping within a budget, we'd be OK with it. It's the constant interference that is the problem, along with the inept day to day management decisions.
  • Options

bitching about anything and everything diminishes CARDs overall worthy argument and purpose

So whoever moans /bitches they are linked to CARD and will diminish CARDs purpose , really ???

Punters are offering up their views , forgive me if they are CARD representatives but I haven't seen an 'official' CARD announcement bitching off about ROBBO

• Options

bitching about anything and everything diminishes CARDs overall worthy argument and purpose

So whoever moans /bitches they are linked to CARD and will diminish CARDs purpose , really ???

Punters are offering up their views , forgive me if they are CARD representatives but I haven't seen an 'official' CARD announcement bitching off about ROBBO

Not what I said.

I said that Charlton fans could easily start to be viewed as bitching about everything even when there is little or no justification . Robinson has already come in for stick. Some people now fail to see any positivity.

Bit like crying Wolf. We should and do complain when it's deserved and CARD have been spot on with this.

Moaning all the time about everything detracts from the important issues that really do need highlighting.

• Options
    but SHG you are linking this bitching by some fans with CARD

I think most are positive about KR being named manager it's just the twat SMT that people aren't happy with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very impressive interview, if he manages half as well as he talks he'll be a very good manager. I still have major concerns about the interference that will come from RD, he really can't help himself, but there's not much Robinson can do about that. Maybe if things are going well they'll leave him the f**k alone, if he struggles for a bit their default behaviour will commence. We really need some stability. Transfer window will tell us a lot. Good luck Karl.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

So Roland and Karl spoke for three hours, hopefully he would have learned more about our football club.

Roland that is, after all Karl's been to far more Charlton games.

So to has Lord Lucan
  • Options
    seth plum said:

As interviews go that was a pretty good one.

In matters of the football, and in matters of understanding what the entity of a football club should be, he was very convincing. The interview also confirmed elements of other interviews he had at MKD that he wants to continue to learn and develop, and seek good advice when he can. I liked all the references he made to the football people at the club, the reference to Matt Holland, and Keith Peacock also linked to John Gorman, it indicated to me a man who has genuine passion for the game and loves his involvement in a phenomena that has links far and wide and into to past too. His personal football trajectory also suggests a man welded to the sport.

He certainly strikes me as a football man who is immersed in it all.

Robinson also talked interestingly about aspects of play, structures, player responsibility, balance, and he indicated an awareness of the work it takes to persuade players to his style, and to feel good about it.

I got the feeling that he is no mug when it comes down to it, if for some he comes across as a bit of a chancer I don't agree.

He also spoke well about his family, and the Charlton supporter he met at Bristol, and the vibe he feels regarding the people he met at Sparrows Lane training the youngsters. I also liked a lot what he said about attracting local young players because he was addressing an issue about a local connection, local pride and the emotions related to that 'one of our own' stuff.

Nothing in that interview about Congo Chris, or any of the coaching set up beyond a mention of Steve Avory, so I am not sure when he said anything yesterday about Richie Barker or COL.

He also spoke of transfers being decided by a kind of committee of which he will be part, and sensibly mentioned that there are always money constraints. This area might well be of huge significance I would suggest.

Karl got all dreamy when contemplating plans and exciting times ahead and aims and all that stuff, and he is sold on the Duchatelet way by the sound of it. Right now the job ahead for Karl certainly ought to be about big dreams, and I hope when reality kicks in he can deliver.

I actually believe he is a step up from Russell Slade as a manager, and certainly as an interviewee, and I really want him to deliver success.

At the very least, divorcing from the bigger picture, it is going to be interesting what he does on a football level and I am looking forward to seeing what he is made of on that side of his job.

He may have got more than a glimpse of the owner's strategy but the key issue has always been in terms of the owner's execution of his strategy. If (and a big if) that lessons have been truly learnt then KR stands a chance of succeeding.
  • Options
    Anyone else see more than a bit of Brent?

• Options
    I know. Let's all moan about other people moaning!
  • Options
    I'm surprised Meire let Matty Holland near the training ground. He's been very supportive of our cause on radio more than once!
  • Options
    But seriously I like the sound of Robinson. From that interview he comes across well and speaks well and with passion. Under normal circumstances I'd be very excited and I am still excited to a certain extent but there are are few caveats to that. He will eventually fall foul of Meire/Driesen/Duchatelet's boredom /a few bad results..

I like him but I'm not getting too attached.