Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options

Many posters are saying under normal/other circumstances they would be enthused by this appointment. I would say be enthused. I know it is all rhetoric at this time, and Karl has to do the walk, but he did come across as knowledgeable and committed.

Fans need to divorce the manager and team from the regime. We have had poor owners in the past, and I personally would love to be back in the championship, so lets get behind those that will write this new chapter of our history.

Says the bloke from the north west.... are you related

:smile:

PS... I agree with you
  • Options
    Does he have a badge for turd polishing? Fact is we have only one attacking creative wide player and he's injured :)
  • Options
    I like him, considering the situation I think he's the best we could probably get right now and today's press conference video (not really a conference, just a chat mind) has given reason to be positive for me, which is a first as I didn't feel it with Slade...

I hope, and it's more of a dream if anything is who he brings in behind the scenes. He speaks of unity, imagine achieving that by bringing in someone like Curbs or Powell in as Director Of Football, hopefully no one would be negative about such a move
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Apologist: Charlton Life's very own Godwin's Law.

I don't view myself as an apologist. I support Charlton, I don't like many of the mistakes that the present owner/ CEO have made. I view myself as a realist, we are where we are and I'm looking for ways to unite the fans to support the team, and hopefully push for promotion.
  • Options
    razil said:

Does he have a badge for turd polishing? Fact is we have only one attacking creative wide player and he's injured :)

What about Botaka ?
  • Options
    Has anyone commented on his comment that RD went to Paris to meet him and that he had 2330 meeting at the Valley with KM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very impressive interview. Lots to be optimistic about but one thing I really liked was the constant references to communication. Good luck Karl. COYRs
  • Options
    WSS said:

Ok supporting the team and not the regime; is that controversial?

Depends how you define supporting the team. Is singing 'We want Roland out' the Katrien Meire song etc, etc, during the match, supporting the team? I've heard the arguements that this has no effect on the results, along with chucking stuff onto the pitch, but I beg to differ.
    Games are won and lost on small margins, and any negative vibes might affect the result. People who are intelligent enough to compose witty songs ( and I'm not!) should develop songs to applaud the workrate and skill of Josh Maginess, maybe a Karl Robinson song, a song for Dillon Phillips.

All the effort seems to be directed towards poor owners, I don't remember any songs against Slater and Jimenez, in my mind as poor as Duchatelier.
    So, when we talk about supporting the team, lets do it properly, support the team, without the diversion of knocking the regime during the game.
    The thing is though that the majority of people who have this view or say it at the ground just moan or tut loudly.

If this is the true extent of feeling at The Valley on matchdays then why are these same people not starting the so-called positive chants?

It's all "they should be doing this" and "they should be singing this" on messageboards or to the person sat next to them in the ground without having the courage of conviction to actually do it themselves.
    A god question, and I don't know the answer. I'm getting on a bit, so won't be leading the chants. I think the singing comes from younger supporters, mainly based in the North Stand, I will certainly try to join in from the East, although I do get strange looks when I join in with the traditional chants.
  • Options
    You just did. I thought it sounded impressive.
  • Options
    Great interview. I now wish I was going Saturday.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2h2 hours ago
    There was a familiar face at Sparrows Lane yesterday in the form of ex-skipper @mattholland8! #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2h2 hours ago
    The former Addicks number eight was invited to the training ground by Karl Robinson to give him the lowdown on all things Charlton. #cafc

"Matt, the laundry department have been on to me about how much the workload is at the moment, and I hoping you'd be able to show our players how to keep their shorts as clean as you did"
  • Options

Ok supporting the team and not the regime; is that controversial?

No, the protest fund paid for a big banner saying just that last season.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Scarfy

Fake scarfy
  • Options
    Fuck patience, let's be aggressive, that's the way forward
  • Options
    I'm thinking Karl might get to know the network sooner rather than later if he listens to tomorrow's podcast.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard not to like him. When we signed Lennie I thought we would go to the dogs. Thought the appointing of Curbs and Gritt was disastrous. Nearly wet myself when we got Pardew. So I know absolutely nothing! It's all about loads of hard work, lots of skill and a huge portion of luck. KR is soon going to find out that the majority of fans (imo) would rather get rid of Duchatelet than win promotion. That is quite a negative! Still, good luck to him.
  • Options

Hard not to like him. When we signed Lennie I thought we would go to the dogs. Thought the appointing of Curbs and Gritt was disastrous. Nearly wet myself when we got Pardew. So I know absolutely nothing! It's all about loads of hard work, lots of skill and a huge portion of luck. KR is soon going to find out that the majority of fans (imo) would rather get rid of Duchatelet than win promotion. That is quite a negative! Still, good luck to him.

Where are you getting that stat from?

Doubt very much that that is true.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Like what he's saying, but something about the presentation style irritates me. He's a bit too much of a self publicist. Really there is nothing wrong with being like that but it comes across a bit 'American'. I'm reminded a bit of how I felt when Pardew first joined us - the words were right but I didn't trust them. I'm old school and prefer my managers to be be blunt and a but miserable - that's why some of the stuff Slade came out with never really bothered me.

That said, it refreshing for us to have a manager who seems to be thinking somewhat modern and isn't closed minded to new ideas and practices. Given it's resurgence in the Premier League and our surplus of centre backs and lack of wingers - don't be surprised if we're playing 5-3-2 in a couple of weeks time.
  • Options

KR is soon going to find out that the majority of fans (imo) would rather get rid of Duchatelet than win promotion. That is quite a negative!

Not sure it's the majority of fans in the stadium. Almost certainly not.
    If boycotters were counted? Maybe.
  • Options

KR is soon going to find out that the majority of fans (imo) would rather get rid of Duchatelet than win promotion. That is quite a negative!

Not sure it's the majority of fans in the stadium. Almost certainly not.
    If boycotters were counted? Maybe.
  • Options
    Point of order: Why can't you 'like' a comment and 'lol' a comment?

Forget that. I guess if you lol, then it's taken for granted you like.
    But not the other was round.

So much to learn, so little time.
  • Options
    Thread's over. See you all at the next game.