Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options
    Watched the interview and was impressed much more inspiring that Slade lets hope he is a good long term appointment, even in these difficult times.
  • Options
    Wants to learn more about fan protests!! I'm sure Matt Holland would have told him all about them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38144882
  • Options
    If he manages the team half as well as he talks about doing it, we could be in for some better times on the pitch. But, if the issues in the boardroom persist, it may be short lived. Time will tell, once again.
  • Options

C_A_F_C said:

So Roland and Karl spoke for three hours, hopefully he would have learned more about our football club.

Roland that is, after all Karl's been to far more Charlton games.

So to has Lord Lucan
    North Stand Upper ..Fact

Minor observation, but there is a hell of a lot of 'talking about negativity' than there is actual negativity.

General feedback on here of Robinson seems to be much more weighted in the positive. Of course it's all rhetoric at this point, but it's being disingenuous to try and suggest otherwise.

On balance I think you are right thank goodness but there are a posts saying Robinson is a puppet, liar, arrogant, tosser. That's just the new manager. Then we have the appointment of O'Loughlin who nobody on here as the faintest idea about. Good or bad. We've just made our minds up that it's all bad and I'm afraid that's not true.

I'm not going to start counting all the ridiculously negative posts but I think I'm right in saying it's a bigger percentage than you are implying.
  • Options

Wants to learn more about fan protests!! I'm sure Matt Holland would have told him all about them.

I like this, the way it's panning out it could be Robinson or Daisy by end of season.
  • Options

Many posters are saying under normal/other circumstances they would be enthused by this appointment. I would say be enthused. I know it is all rhetoric at this time, and Karl has to do the walk, but he did come across as knowledgeable and committed.

Fans need to divorce the manager and team from the regime. We have had poor owners in the past, and I personally would love to be back in the championship, so lets get behind those that will write this new chapter of our history.

Well said
  • Options
    edited November 2016

You can see most of Slade's improvements in that photo. Table cloths excluded :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know. Let's all moan about other people moaning!

I'm moaning about other people moaning about other people moaning.
  • Options

I know. Let's all moan about other people moaning!

I'm moaning about other people moaning about other people moaning.
    I had to read that four times.
  • Options

Many posters are saying under normal/other circumstances they would be enthused by this appointment. I would say be enthused. I know it is all rhetoric at this time, and Karl has to do the walk, but he did come across as knowledgeable and committed.

Fans need to divorce the manager and team from the regime. We have had poor owners in the past, and I personally would love to be back in the championship, so lets get behind those that will write this new chapter of our history.

He does come over well but was anyone suggesting him as a possible manager in the summer or at anytime as a replacement the many times we've had a vacancy?

Doesn't mean he won't do a good job but lets not pretend that he is the one people have been calling for for years. That was Slade, remember.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just read the London news article. My honest opinion is it comes across as a bit disjointed and fluffy. I get people's frustration at the level of negativity on here, it can wear you down a bit. However I feel nothing toward this appointment. I don't believe there's a manager period that could manage under this lot, particularly one as young as Karl, despite his time at MK Dons.

Sorry to be a miserable bastard but no one is going to work under this lot
    Cabbles, watch the video, it's much better/clearer.
  • Options

He does come over well but was anyone suggesting him as a possible manager in the summer or at anytime as a replacement the many times we've had a vacancy?

Doesn't mean he won't do a good job but lets not pretend that he is the one people have been calling for for years. That was Slade, remember.
    Probably because he wasn't available & as he turned down Leeds, it wasn't likely he'd come to us.
  • Options

Probably because he wasn't available & as he turned down Leeds, it wasn't likely he'd come to us.
    Still don't remember anyone saying "we should go for Karl Robinson".

being in another job has never stopped people speculating before.

I like what I've seen in the interviews and what him to succeed but just like Curbs said lets not get too down with the downs or too high with the highs. He's got to do a bit than give a good interview.
  • Options

That's because he was in a job. That aside MK Dons were playing a style of football, with a limited budget, that many Charlton fans that I have spoken to admired.
  • Options

That's because he was in a job. That aside MK Dons were playing a style of football, with a limited budget, that many Charlton fans that I have spoken to admired.
    As I said above being in a job never stopped people speculating on other managers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Just read the London news article. My honest opinion is it comes across as a bit disjointed and fluffy. I get people's frustration at the level of negativity on here, it can wear you down a bit. However I feel nothing toward this appointment. I don't believe there's a manager period that could manage under this lot, particularly one as young as Karl, despite his time at MK Dons.

Sorry to be a miserable bastard but no one is going to work under this lot
    I would love to see her interview Sir Alex Ferguson.
  • Options
    An apologist is a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Supporting the appointment of a new manager and supporting the team. Is that controversial? I don't think so.
  • Options

An apologist is a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. Supporting the appointment of a new manager and supporting the team. Is that controversial? I don't think so.

No, it isn't controversial and most people on here, both pro and anti regime ARE supporting the appointment of the new manager and ARE supporting the team.

• Options
    Tonight's standard
  • Options

Watched the video and must admit, I was very impressed with his sheer enthusiasm and much of what he said.

Although, did he really need to borrow Phil Parkinson's 'lucky' pullover?

• Options
    Ok supporting the team and not the regime; is that controversial?
  • Options
    Talks the talk. Will Katrien Meire let him do his job this time?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Watched the video and must admit, I was very impressed with his sheer enthusiasm and much of what he said.

Although, did he really need to borrow Phil Parkinson's 'lucky' pullover?

Definitely needs some new clobber and his barnet wants a bit of attention too.
  • Options

Ok supporting the team and not the regime; is that controversial?

Depends how you define supporting the team. Is singing 'We want Roland out' the Katrien Meire song etc, etc, during the match, supporting the team? I've heard the arguements that this has no effect on the results, along with chucking stuff onto the pitch, but I beg to differ.
    Games are won and lost on small margins, and any negative vibes might affect the result. People who are intelligent enough to compose witty songs ( and I'm not!) should develop songs to applaud the workrate and skill of Josh Maginess, maybe a Karl Robinson song, a song for Dillon Phillips.
    All the effort seems to be directed towards poor owners, I don't remember any songs against Slater and Jimenez, in my mind as poor as Duchatelier.
    So, when we talk about supporting the team, lets do it properly, support the team, without the diversion of knocking the regime during the game.
  • Options
    Apologist: Charlton Life's very own Godwin's Law.