Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson Press Conference - Snippets from pg.4

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Very interesting that the reason he met RD in Paris was because it was KR who was in France at the time.

I wonder what KR's demands were?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Scoham said:
    Very interesting that the reason he met RD in Paris was because it was KR who was in France at the time.

I wonder what KR's demands were?
    And did he get agreement to them in writing which Wilder couldn't allegedly :open_mouth: . Just asking.
  • Options
    He sounds blummin excited, fair play.
    I hope he gets a good start, a winning run, and the players buy into how he plays.
  • Options
    I really don't want to read too much into the Congo Chris comment from KR.

I'm going to try and give him at least until the end of the year to put his marker down and try and get some results before accepting he is spewing crap that he's been told by RD, which that CO comment really seems to be.

Good luck from me Karl, you're going to need it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gillis said:
    I think it was something to do with one of the Mitford sisters....

Either that, or I'm suffering another flashback to the 1930s.
    Nancy ?
  • Options
    Wanting COL to stay may have been a very diplomatic answer because I am sure I read somewhere that COL was on the interviewing panel! Some have already said that they like KR's enthusiasm; I fear that this may disappear rapidly when he wakes up to the reality of how this club is being run.
  • Options

Gillis said:
    I think it was something to do with one of the Mitford sisters....

Either that, or I'm suffering another flashback to the 1930s.
    Nancy ?
    Mmm but not Diana or Unity!
  • Options
    I heard that Col was on his way here before Brussels got the sack, big falling out with KM over it and that's why he went.

I will give him time. ( Robinson ) but got to be honest not impressed as many of you on here appear to be, comes across to me as a bit of an arse.
  • Options
    It's all rhetoric. He's saying what people want to hear. It's deeds not words that I want. As usual, he has my backing from afar for at least the 20 games before he's sacked.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Like his enthusiasm and positive approach. He has only managed one club with an owner who he connected with and had an honest relationship. Meire sells the idea by bringing out her amiable smile / school girl giggle and is backed up by an endearing chat with Uncle Duche. Who couldn't love old green teeth with Duct Tape on his shoes? Robbo is thinking eccentric but rich, I might get some money to spend. From Robinson's perspective he may be a little too innocent for the machinations of cafc. He's been sold the headline and doesn't know how disposable he really is to these owners.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It'll be interesting to see what happens in January - whether we sign MK D's best players or the new Piotr Parzsyzek
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

Whoever takes Duchatelet's shilling isn't the right person for the job.
    Keep that in mind and you can't go wrong.

Why? Someone has to start somewhere. I thought he came across well. Loads are going to say he said what he was told. I'm not so sure. Give the bloke a chance. If he turns out like the last chump then fair enough - sack him but after a reasonable amount of time.
    That'd be, what, seventeen games?
  • Options
    Let's hope he does well.
  • Options
    Seems like a breath of thresh air and just what we need.Lets hope his positive attitude rubs off in the dressing room and the team go on a long unbeaten run.Good luck Karl.COYR
  • Options
    'Fire in the belly and ice in the head'

I have no doubt that he scores highly on point one. Point two is TBC. A fiery young manager with lofty ambitions is exactly what we need. Someone to stand up to Meire/Duchatalet. Like most, my dislike for KM and RD does not extend to actively hoping Charlton lose games. I hope so much this is a success. Good luck Karl.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Let's be honest, Robinson is about as good a manager as we could probably hope for under this regime. Personally I think he's a fool to take the job and even more so to put out stuff that will irritate many a supporter, but as I want the team to do well I'm encouraged by the childlike glee he's expressed thus far.

I understand the sentiment regarding not wanting success to validate this regime, but for what it's worth I think any footballing success is despite the owner and CEO not because of them. 7 managers in under 3 years speaks volumes, as does the empty stands. Let's see what happens, in the full knowledge that as soon as a performance on TV embarrasses Roland again the manager will be out the door before you can say "He's a long term appointment".

rikofold said:

Let's be honest, Robinson is about as good a manager as we could probably hope for under this regime. Personally I think he's a fool to take the job and even more so to put out stuff that will irritate many a supporter, but as I want the team to do well I'm encouraged by the childlike glee he's expressed thus far.

I understand the sentiment regarding not wanting success to validate this regime, but for what it's worth I think any footballing success is despite the owner and CEO not because of them. 7 managers in under 3 years speaks volumes, as does the empty stands. Let's see what happens, in the full knowledge that as soon as a performance on TV embarrasses Roland again the manager will be out the door before you can say "He's a long term appointment".

erithalf said:

Let's give him a chance and some positivity.Being negative over every bleeding thing only dilutes any justified complaints.

Agree. Let's stop moaning and give him a chance