Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New fiver not suitable for vegetarians.

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    Massive case of the tail wanting to wag the dog.
  • Options

Massive case of the tail wanting to wag the dog.

Tail wagging the elephant more like.
  • Options
    What about cross contamination onto other notes? You best start dealing in buttons mate
  • Options
    Or never carry any cash in the UK just use Apple Pay, or bank card.
  • Options

What about cross contamination onto other notes? You best start dealing in buttons mate

Mate, I don't get the whole veggie thing myself but even I can understand it's not that it might have animal residue on it but has been used the manufacturing process.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

"Hey I don't like you using animal fat in notes"
    "Fine, we'll use a veggie alternative"
    "Oh but some orange monkeys might get hurt because of that, use a synthetic alternative"
    "Ok, we'll use a non degradable, toxic alternative that involves mass chemical waste being dumped into the sea instead"

Honestly, the thought processes from some people is complete lunacy

I am impressed with your personal insight.
  • Options

As per usual, as soon as someone mentions veggieness, the meat eaters come with their pitchforks...

Finally read this thread, they came with their pitchforks for the fivers the Vegetarians and Vegans no longer want obviously.

Think of all that bastard meat in the note they will take away from you.
  • Options
    I bloody should have remembered to change my clocks last weekend. Never mind, the regular 'Charlton Life discusses vegetarianism the same as every previous discussion' moment has arrived again to remind me.
  • Options
    We live to serve Seth. Live to serve.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mate, I don't get the whole veggie thing myself but even I can understand it's not that it might have animal residue on it but has been used the manufacturing process.
    I'd be interested in the view of the people of Aleppo.
  • Options

iainment said:

Just ask for your money in coins if its that big an issue.

ATMs.
    Small sacrifice if it means that much to you. You'll just have to go into the bank when its open.
    As if it means that much to anyone, some people just need something to moan about.

Look at me, look at me.
  • Options
    Time for some common sense and perspective:

http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_161202_02
  • Options

Or never carry any cash in the UK just use Apple Pay, or bank card.

I would be very surprised indeed if both an iPhone or bank card did not contain animal products. A bank card, for example, includes opacifying materials (so that the PVCA is not see through). A common opacifier is bone ash.
  • Options
    Tyler Durden had the right idea with the fat from liposuction.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Donated.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

"Oh but some orange monkeys might get hurt because of that, use a synthetic alternative"
    "Ok, we'll use a non degradable, toxic alternative that involves mass chemical waste being dumped into the sea instead"

"Orange monkeys"... How juvenile. Although orangs get the spotlight when it comes to palm oil, there are thousands of species affected, from insects to birds to tigers and elephants. We need forests for our own oxygen. Forests need wildlife.

Anyway, I think this is all must ado about nothing as the oil will (apparently) be sustainably sourced anyway. Those getting offended would be better off protesting against Asda, Iceland, Pepsi, etc.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

sam3110 said:

"Orange monkeys"... How juvenile. Although orangs get the spotlight when it comes to palm oil, there are thousands of species affected, from insects to birds to tigers and elephants. We need forests for our own oxygen. Forests need wildlife.

Anyway, I think this is all must ado about nothing as the oil will (apparently) be sustainably sourced anyway. Those getting offended would be better off protesting against Asda, Iceland, Pepsi, etc.
    But that's the entire point, the people who complain about such matters are completely juvenile.

It's half a cow

For the palm oil, it's not going to impact forests any more than it already does

A synthetic alternative is by far and away the worst choice, yet because of people's juvenile way of thinking and inability to see the bigger picture, they believe that protesting against these alternatives are the way forward, regardless of what the eventual impact is.

We can't see what gets pumped into the sea, but we can see trees being cut down, they are both as bad as eachother

FWIW I know exactly what an Orangutan is, the "orange monkeys" is a dig at those who are outraged at everything, but know nothing, and all you have to do is go on Twitter for a few minutes and find thousands of drongos just like that
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    boggzy said:

Yes that's a great comparison isn't it.

Using the very last bits left over from a process that whether you like it or not is going great opportunity happen vs. Killing cats and dogs specifically for use in the note.

Classic logic from the veggies there. I try not to be rude about these people but come on. Some of them really don't help themselves.
  • Options

boggzy said:

Using the very last bits left over from a process that whether you like it or not is going great opportunity happen vs. Killing cats and dogs specifically for use in the note.

Classic logic from the veggies there. I try not to be rude about these people but come on. Some of them really don't help themselves.
    That 'article' (lol) is factually incorrect on a number of levels too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

boggzy said:

The neighbours cat is a regular visitor. He is appealing, cheeky, mad, king-like, chilled, friendly, demanding and beautiful by turn. The thing that annoys him in his universe is birds, they piss him off because they can do something he can't do, otherwise he seems to see himself as the top of the chain.
    I absolutely love him stopping by, although Mrs Plum complains about flea bites. There is no way I would want him slaughtered for banknote production.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

boggzy said:

The neighbours cat is a regular visitor. He is appealing, cheeky, mad, king-like, chilled, friendly, demanding and beautiful by turn. The thing that annoys him in his universe is birds, they piss him off because they can do something he can't do, otherwise he seems to see himself as the top of the chain.
    I absolutely love him stopping by, although Mrs Plum complains about flea bites. There is no way I would want him slaughtered for banknote production.
    And neither would I. The point is to make that comparison is literally one of the most stupid things I've ever read. And I've been on this forum for quite a while...
  • Options
    seth plum said:

boggzy said:

But the funny thing about cats Seth is they would quite happily slaughter thousands of birds and shit in your flower pots.
  • Options
    My two cats are proper lazy bastards and haven't caught a bird between them in years. They have, on occaision, shit in my plant pots though. Little scamps.
  • Options
    I am pleased to say that my little friend cat has not brought home any of his kills. Nor has he shat in my garden despite scrounging the odd raisen and sultana that I am about to put on my breakfast cereal.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am pleased to say that my little friend cat has not brought home any of his kills. Nor has he shat in my garden despite scrounging the odd raisen and sultana that I am about to put on my breakfast cereal.

are you sure they're raisins and sultanas?
  • Options

seth plum said:

are you sure they're raisins and sultanas?
    Well they're not cut up pieces of a five pound note that's for sure.
  • Options
    I find the fact this is even a debate hilarious and ridiculous in equal measure. The usual sort.