Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films that are supposed to be great but you hate

Comments

• Options

sam3110 said:

Saving Private Ryan

Behave yourself Samuel!!
    See everyone else thinks it's great!
  • Options
    Sorry to be boring but I have to agree.

Matrix
    Lord of the rings
    Fast and furious

As I biker I have to add Easy Rider although it is iconic and watched it a few times.
  • Options

Fight Club
    North by Northwest
    Citizen Kane
    Inception
    LA Confidencial
    All the Matrix films

Oh dear. I like all those films.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Fight Club.
    The Dark Knight.
  • Options
    Titanic.....missed opportunity to make a profound and meaningful movie.....ended up a load of fairytale Hollywood bollox!
  • Options
    Any remake of any film should be burned.
  • Options
    90% of the films that come out of Hollywood. Particularly the thoughtless trash that consists of set characters indulging in shoot-outs, car chases and explosions. Give me a thoughtful film with a real story and some interesting dialog any day.

A potentially contentious oldie that I cant stand though: It's a Wonderful Life.
  • Options

Matrix
    Lord of the rings
    Fast and furious

As I biker I have to add Easy Rider although it is iconic and watched it a few times.

Are you a biker, or do you ride a motorbike TT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Matrix
    Lord of the rings
    Fast and furious

Are you a biker, or do you ride a motorbike TT?
    Less biker these days TBF but comfortable in the the biker world.
  • Options
    I've got friends who don't consider Christmas complete if they haven't watched it. It just leaves me cold though. I've tried, but it just too contrived and schmaltzy for tastes.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I've got friends who don't consider Christmas complete if they haven't watched it. It just leaves me cold though. I've tried, but it just too contrived and schmaltzy for tastes.

So a microcosm of Christmas then....
  • Options
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Thought it was shit
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Superbad. Supershit more like. And Pineapple Express. Even Roger Ebert said it was good. Nah mate that was shite.
  • Options
    Trainspotting. I've watched it a couple of times to see if it would grow on me or if I'm missing something, but no, I f*cking can't stand it.
  • Options
    Gone with the Wind
  • Options
    Can't think of a film i "hate".

Don't like or think was all that or even over rated but "hate".

They're just films. I get it that not everyone gets Citizen Kane (a classic film, great story, brilliant actors, wonderful reveal at the end) but do people really hate it?

First Stars War film was a bit of fun, a western in space. The others that I've seen were moderate to bad but don't hate them.

Wouldn't watch Lord of the Rings but know they are terrible like the books and only for nerds but don't hate them. Just not for me like horror films "There's a mad killer on the loose, let's not get the fuck out of here but instead split up so he can pick us off one by one".

As for @Stig calling "It's a Wonderful Life " "schmaltzy". Isn't that rather missing the whole point of the film. It's very schmaltzy but it's about redemption and family values, the little man who does a lot by doing little things. Classic tale. OK, some people don't get it like some people don't get the Simpsons and think South Park even comes close but how can hate it.
  • Options
    The Passion of Christ - Mel Gibson,

No wait, everyone hates it and I like it, i've got this all arse about face
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Matrix series

LOTR

Star Wars

The Bourne Films

Die Hard

Saving Private Ryan

Are you lookingfor a flag? Die Hard is the best movie ever. It's not even worth debating
  • Options
    Probably rated in the top 10 of all time films and one I consider is overrated is Taxi Driver.
  • Options
    Heat
    Bridget Jones' Diary
  • Options
    pulp fiction and scarface are 2 that everyone seems to love. but ive watched them and were a bit meh
  • Options
    edited December 2016

There will be blood

Can't figure out how to embed gifs, so... just imagine Neil Patrick-Harris shoulding "What?! Why?...WHY?!"

for reference:

via GIPHY

• Options

pulp fiction and scarface are 2 that everyone seems to love. but ive watched them and were a bit meh

just for saying that @Oh_Yoni_Boy I am going to have "introduce you to my little friend!"
  • Options
    Deep Throat
  • Options

just for saying that @Oh_Yoni_Boy I am going to have "introduce you to my little friend!"
    Whoah, whoah... "be cool honey-bunny", I love those two movies. It's @palarsehater that you're after.
  • Options

Deep Throat

Yeah, that film sucked.
  • Options
    Let's go through the IMDB top 25 - http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nv_mv_250_6 - and denote which films are shit

1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 9.2 SHIT
    2. The Godfather (1972) 9.2 Probably pretty great
    3. The Godfather: Part II (1974) 9.0 Probably pretty great
    4. The Dark Knight (2008) 8.9 Pretty shit
    5. 12 Angry Men (1957) 8.9 Eh, it's ok
    6. Schindler's List (1993) 8.9 Not seen
    7. Pulp Fiction (1994) 8.9 Eh, quite good
    8. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) 8.9 Not seen
    9. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 8.8 Not seen
    10. Fight Club (1999) 8.8 Decent
    11. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) 8.8 Liked this
    12. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 8.7 Yeah it's ok
    13. Forrest Gump (1994) 8.7 Not seen
    14. Inception (2010) 8.7 UGH
    15. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) 8.7 BORING, too much inane battling
    16. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 8.7 Not seen
    17. Goodfellas (1990) 8.7 It's ok, maybe even good
    18. The Matrix (1999) 8.7 Guys, this is really fun. Do you hate fun?
    19. Seven Samurai (1954) 8.6 Need to see this
    20. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) 8.6 Good but ruined movies forever lol
    21. City of God (2002) 8.6 Decent
    22. Se7en (1995) 8.6 Not seen
    23. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) 8.6 Need to see
    24. It's a Wonderful Life (1946) 8.6 Eh, it's ok
    25. The Usual Suspects (1995) 8.6 literally the shittest thing ever

It's mostly Christopher Nolan at fault here