Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films that are supposed to be great but you hate

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Vanilla sky
  • Options
    Eternal Sunshine of a spotless Mind
  • Options
    Pulp fiction
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    If you read the book first (which I did), Papillon was very disappointing.
    This, despite Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman in the lead roles.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Birdman
    Pretentious, smug, self-serving, affected jank. How it beat Whiplash - a $3.3m budget and 20 day shoot - to the Oscar, I'll never know.

Perhaps because the Oscars are more about a lot of backslapping and less about artistic merits?
  • Options

Sorry to be boring but I have to agree.

Matrix
    Lord of the rings
    Fast and furious

As I biker I have to add Easy Rider although it is iconic and watched it a few times.

Are you a biker, or do you ride a motorbike TT?
    Less biker these days TBF but comfortable in the the biker world.
    You wont be if you tell them your Opinion on Easy Rider... :wink:
    I am happy to argue my corner at any biker bash. I have done and most have agreed with me particularly about the stupid acid trip scene. I would still watch it again though.

Girl on a motorbike is also iconic but it was a tedious film.

Maybe it is the similarity of the endings doesn't help, aren't bikers allowed to live long and fulfilling lives like in Wild Hogs? ;-)

You got me thinking @Algarveaddick so I have started a poll on a facebook page to get feedback from other motorcyclists, not sure how many are bikers. I will report back.

Has anyone else on here seen Easy Rider?
    I'm a biker and I've seen Easy Rider. It's OK and probably meant more to the people who saw it when it came out than it does to anyone seeing it for the first time now.
  • Options

Mr W loved Cloud Atlas. We both loved Grand Budapest Hotel. Maybe we are odd, but the rest of you probably knew that.

@Weegie Addick Neither of us has seen Cloud Atlas but Ms AA and I both love Grand Budapest Hotel. Perhaps we're odd, too, but being odd it would have to be in a different way than you and Mr W or it wouldn't be odd, would it?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

To me it's a very well-written, stylishly-shot drama that can do more with a raised eyebrow than Marvel can do with 500 razed buildings.

Before I give this a 'like', I need to know if that's all your own work or did you plagiarise?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    @hawksmoor , have you noticed the drummer on Sunday Brunch playing the box an all then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like most of the films mentioned in this thread. Even the ones I didn't enjoy I'd struggle to argue that they are badly made or poor films. Having said that I truly despise Cameron's Titanic.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

To me it's a very well-written, stylishly-shot drama that can do more with a raised eyebrow than Marvel can do with 500 razed buildings.

Before I give this a 'like', I need to know if that's all your own work or did you plagiarise?
    I'll be honest, I didn't realise what I'd written until after I wrote it. It was a happy accident.
  • Options
    Have been biding my time, but I've finally got what fits the description perfectly...

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I've never been so bored. It's probably a great movie, but for me - nope.
  • Options

Some bloody good films being called out here!

As for mine, Deer Hunter.

Spot on. Poor acting by all in my opinion and about an hour too long.
  • Options

Have been biding my time, but I've finally got what fits the description perfectly...

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I've never been so bored. It's probably a great movie, but for me - nope.

The TV series with Alec Guinness was better than the film.
  • Options
    Reading this thread I've come to realise you are all bloody weirdos !