Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV shows that are supposed to be great but you really hate...

Comments

• Options
    Adult cartoons like Family Guy
    Countryfile
    Anthony & Dec based programs
    Loose Women
    This Morning
  • Options
    +1 for Blackadder. Chattering class unfunny smugness at its worst. Makes me cringe.

So many people love it though.
  • Options
    My sister loves Mrs Brown''s boys.......it is as funny as cancer.
  • Options
    Miranda
    Mrs browns boys
    Big Bang theory
    X factor
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Miranda
    Mrs browns boys
    Big Bang theory
    X factor

Firstly, 100% agreed. Is Mrs. Browns Boys/Miranda actually 'supposed to be great'? God help us if they are.

I'd like to add... All soaps, all talent shows, virtually all comedy-panel quiz shows (I like HIGNFY).
  • Options
    Planet Earth I & II

• Options
    The BBC has been touting Mrs Brown's boys as one of their big Xmas shows. Gawd help us.
  • Options
    Wilma said:

colthe3rd said:

The Office

Anything with Ricky Gervais
    Yeah I don't like him either and I'm not sure whether that's the reason I hate the Office but I did give it a fair go and I just don't get why it's as popular as it is.
  • Options
    American drams that get a lot of good press I just cant seem to get bothered about.

westworld
    the night of
    prison break
    Breaking Bad
    Deadwood
    True Blood
    Vinyl
    Lost
    Grey's Anatomy

and all those Ncis csi shit. stop panning the fucking camera!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost & Sopranos.
  • Options
    Monty Python
  • Options
    +1 for Mrs Browns Boys. Don't find it funny at all
  • Options
    +1 Mrs Brown's Boys an all
  • Options

+1 for Star Trek, Blackadder, & GOT.

I thought you had something about you Ricky!! How can anyone hate Blackadder and if you 'hate' GoT then you can't have watched it properly!
    Tried a couple of times with GOT. Really can't take to it.
  • Options

Dad's Army, Last of the Summer Wine, Antiques Roadshow, Questiom Time, Emmerdale, Frasier, South Park, Miranda.

Antiques roadshow - @blackpool72 is on it next week.
  • Options
    Alright I'll ask, what is GOT ?
  • Options
    Game Of Thrones
  • Options

I thought you had something about you Ricky!! How can anyone hate Blackadder and if you 'hate' GoT then you can't have watched it properly!
    Give it the first season, if you're not hooked by then you have no soul.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boardwalk empire

game of thrones i usually hate anything like that but really did enjoy it
  • Options

Alright I'll ask, what is GOT ?

Game Of Thrones

The French are a weird old lot.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

I'm not sure they are 'great' but they are certainly popular..................with some.

Eastenders
    Coronation St
    Emmerdale
    and any other 'soap'

Mind numbing idiotic trash, as far removed from the real life they are supposed to represent, as its possible to get.

Watched an episode of eastenders when I was back in the uk recently and Jesus Christ it was so depressing and soul destroying I wanted to throw myself of London bridge afterwards!
    If it wasn't for the shite south eastern train service I'd be swimming with the fishes and co-op shopping trolleys in the Thames right now. Why do millions watch such negativity??
  • Options

Give it the first season, if you're not hooked by then you have no soul.
    I sold my soul to the devil a long time ago.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

The Office

Serious?
  • Options
    Seinfeld. I tried. But not even one faint smile. Not one. Arms folded just scowling at the screen while the studio audience were howling with laughter. This is the show where entire US freeways were deserted when the whole country stayed into to watch the final episode. Thing is, I like Larry David and Curb Your Enthusiam. But Seinfield? It be shite.
  • Options
    Dr who, Star Trek, top gear, lost, downtown abbey, al murrays pub thing.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Seinfeld. I tried. But not even one faint smile. Not one. Arms folded just scowling at the screen while the studio audience were howling with laughter. This is the show where entire US freeways were deserted when the whole country stayed into to watch the final episode. Thing is, I like Larry David and Curb Your Enthusiam. But Seinfield? It be shite.

I was just about to write pretty much exactly this.
    I had exactly the same experience and I even agree on Larry David and CYE too.
    It's like you're in my mind or something!
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

The Office

Serious?
    Yep, not a wind up. As I said in my other comment not sure if my dislike of Gervais clouds my judgement but I really just don't get why it's so popular. In theory it should be my sort of thing as I like a lot of British comedies of a similar ilk, just doesn't do it for me.