Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV shows that are supposed to be great but you really hate...

Comments

• Options
    Most definitely Mrs Browns Boys - utterly puzzling how so many find this hilarious
    Top Gear
    Casualty
    Coronation Street - the whinny music at the start is enough
    Eastenders - so, so far removed from reality
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

The Office

Serious?
    Yep, not a wind up. As I said in my other comment not sure if my dislike of Gervais clouds my judgement but I really just don't get why it's so popular. In theory it should be my sort of thing as I like a lot of British comedies of a similar ilk, just doesn't do it for me.
    Agree
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

The Office

Serious?
    Yep, not a wind up. As I said in my other comment not sure if my dislike of Gervais clouds my judgement but I really just don't get why it's so popular. In theory it should be my sort of thing as I like a lot of British comedies of a similar ilk, just doesn't do it for me.
    Agree
    I'm a big fan of Gervais and The Office but can easily see how some people just don't like that type of comedy. Not at all surprised it's listed on here.... but you're wrong :wink:
  • Options
    not sure if anyone thinks its great but i cant understand why it's on tv - sunday brunch!

simon rimmer cant cook for shit and lovjoy is a complete cock
  • Options

If you want a funny show about geeks watch Silicon Valley - that's brillint

Agree wholeheartedly. Think series 3 is out early in the new year.
  • Options
    Soaps. Any and all of them. Can't stand a single one.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

not sure if anyone thinks its great but i cant understand why it's on tv - sunday brunch!

And the drummers playing with the guest singers always forget their drum kit and play an old wooden box that they sit on
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Sunday Brunch in 99 seconds - this ruined Sunday Brunch for me, in the best way, because it's rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8iT4cvMXg8
  • Options
    Anything with "Celebrity" in the title.
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    anything With the TV Mafia in , Philip Scofield/Ant & Dec/ Stephen Mulhern/Holly Willoughby they monopolise nearly every program and should have a channel dedicated to them, much easier to avoid by putting them in one place together .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dad's Army, Last of the Summer Wine, Antiques Roadshow, Questiom Time, Emmerdale, Frasier, South Park, Miranda.

Antiques roadshow - @blackpool72 is on it next week.
    That's another beer you owe me Otto
  • Options
    Another vote for Mrs Brown's boys-utterly awful.

Anything with harry hill in.

X factor.

Goggle box
  • Options
    The Bake Off thing.
  • Options
    Mrs Brown's boys funny as the trots
  • Options
    I'd never watched Mrs Browns Boys until very recently as I just assumed it was shit. Saw a couple of episodes and found myself cracking up at a lot of it. Admittedly some of it wasn't great but overall I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Geordie Shore
    TOWIE
    Made in Chelsea

Only seen VERY briefly but as Reality shows what the fuck do they exist for? - Utter rubbish where the "stars" simply meet up for a chat and a bitch moan about their "mates"

Loose Women can be added too... Show should be shut down as a show called "Tough Lads" certainly would be!!!
  • Options

Geordie Shore
    TOWIE
    Made in Chelsea

Only seen VERY briefly but as Reality shows what the fuck do they exist for? - Utter rubbish where the "stars" simply meet up for a chat and a bitch moan about their "mates"

Loose Women can be added too... Show should be shut down as a show called "Tough Lads" certainly would be!!!

To be fair to Loose Women, it's like a 'would ya' thread, turned into a TV programme.
  • Options

People love Celebrity Juice yet hate it!! - Most childish show I've seen

I'm with you on that. I find it lazy and tedious!
  • Options
    I'm afraid I just don't 'get' Fawlty Towers. I'm probably the only one here who'll say this but a lot of it is slapstick, which I just don't find funny. I've tried but I just can't get into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

The BBC has been touting Mrs Brown's boys as one of their big Xmas shows. Gawd help us.

I sort of enjoyed it when it was new. It wasn't demanding, but the joke wore thin and there was no substance behind it. The film was the most unfunny disaster I have witnessed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

Soaps. Any and all of them. Can't stand a single one.

Can I like this more once?
  • Options
    Agree about Mrs Browns Boys. Funny as bad AIDS.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

Anything with "Celebrity" in the title.
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    anything With the TV Mafia in , Philip Scofield/Ant & Dec/ Stephen Mulhern/Holly Willoughby they monopolise nearly every program and should have a channel dedicated to them, much easier to avoid by putting them in one place together .

They do, it's called ITV.
  • Options
    Oh and Gilmore Girls!
  • Options

I'm afraid I just don't 'get' Fawlty Towers. I'm probably the only one here who'll say this but a lot of it is slapstick, which I just don't find funny. I've tried but I just can't get into it.

It has slapstick but the stories are so well constructed. For me it is best sit com ever made. But we all have different senses of humour.
  • Options
    Top Gear is just awful used to amaze me being in the pub and saying to locals that I thought it was shit they would-
    A:Think I was joking
    B:Ask again if I was joking
    C:Nah your joking
    D:Realise I am deadly serious and look at me like I was the original Cuntorman

Gets my top vote all day, with honourable mentions to Mrs Browns Boys & Father Ted.
  • Options

I thought you had something about you Ricky!! How can anyone hate Blackadder and if you 'hate' GoT then you can't have watched it properly!

I would say the same about South Park.

• Options
    Broadchurch.
  • Options
    Eastenders.