Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV shows that are supposed to be great but you really hate...

Comments

• Options
    The British bake off!

How could I forget that.

So so shit.

And my mates watch it and talk about it on watsap.

Still baffled.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I'm truly amazed at how many times Mrs Browns Boys has been mentioned.
    Huge viewing figures, sell out tour dates.
    Since it first started, I've personally turned on quite a number of people into watching it, all of whom love it.
  • Options

Broadchurch.

Never got the appeal to this either. Thought the dialogue was the clumsiest I've heard in a long time and something about the direction irritates me.
  • Options

Miranda
    Mrs Brown's Boys

Utter sh!te, both of those.

Game of Thrones for me. Overrated.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The British bake off!

How could I forget that.

So so shit.

And my mates watch it and talk about it on watsap.

Still baffled.

One of my favourite posts on here ever was @Baubles about Bake Off (and people going to a pub in Clapham to watch the final)
  • Options

Agree about Mrs Browns Boys. Funny as bad AIDS.

Is there a good AIDS Gaz? :smiley:
  • Options
    The Big Bang Theory. I don't get it at all
  • Options
    I'm glad a couple of other people have said Game Of Thrones as I didn't want to be 'that guy'.

It's great that people are so in to a tv show but I got about half way through the 1st series & gave up. It does nothing for me at all
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Broadchurch.

Never got the appeal to this either. Thought the dialogue was the clumsiest I've heard in a long time and something about the direction irritates me.
    So much n e e d l e s s s l o w m o t i o n.
  • Options
    All this thread proves is that surprise surprise, not everyone likes the same tv shows. A show that one person might think is great, someone else will hate. That's pretty much a way of life.

Reminds me of the thread we had on here once about comedians you dislike, and i think at some point during the thread, literally EVERY top well known comedian was mentioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game of Thrones. However well acted, produced and written it may be, sorry, I just can't do that fantasy stuff.

And I keep on seeing the same one where the dwarf geezer is on a boat going into a gorge with beasts flying overhead. Wtf.
  • Options
    The Coroner, awful script for some decent actors.
  • Options
    Dexter - just bored me after a while and felt like a chore watching it.
  • Options
    The Sopranos and Star Trek.
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

Anything with "Celebrity" in the title.
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    anything With the TV Mafia in , Philip Scofield/Ant & Dec/ Stephen Mulhern/Holly Willoughby they monopolise nearly every program and should have a channel dedicated to them, much easier to avoid by putting them in one place together .

Just reading through this and echo your thoughts about giving ant and Dec and Philip schofield etc they're own channel

It always pisses me off when they say ant and Dec have been voted most popular presenter double act for the 13th year in a row at the national TV awards. It's like Celtic winning the SPL. A) irrelevant and b) there's no fucking competition so who cares
  • Options
    Hinge and Bracket would have shit 'em.
  • Options
    Anything with Victoria Wood or Miranda Hart.
  • Options

Everyone's got their own tastes, but I cannot get how anyone doesn't like the Sopranos. Just finished it on Wednesday.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

fadgadget said:

Anything with "Celebrity" in the title.
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    anything With the TV Mafia in , Philip Scofield/Ant & Dec/ Stephen Mulhern/Holly Willoughby they monopolise nearly every program and should have a channel dedicated to them, much easier to avoid by putting them in one place together .

Just reading through this and echo your thoughts about giving ant and Dec and Philip schofield etc they're own channel

It always pisses me off when they say ant and Dec have been voted most popular presenter double act for the 13th year in a row at the national TV awards. It's like Celtic winning the SPL. A) irrelevant and b) there's no fucking competition so who cares
    But its not best double act - it is best presenter award.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The simpsons
  • Options

Everyone's got their own tastes, but I cannot get how anyone doesn't like the Sopranos. Just finished it on Wednesday.
    I got about 3/4 through season 1 and decided that the freshly painted wall downstairs was more interesting viewing.

Proper snore-fest, although I know I'm well in the minority.
  • Options
    Mrs Browns Boys
  • Options
    Citizen Khan
  • Options
    Friends
    Reality shows
    Frasier
    Game of Thrones
  • Options
    Any soap operas, Coronation, Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale, you name any boring programmes like this and I hate them and yet millions watch them, must be me
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Any soap operas, Coronation, Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale, you name any boring programmes like this and I hate them and yet millions watch them, must be me

No it's not just you.
  • Options
    Lip sync battle. At least I think it's meant to be good. Can't bear it.
  • Options
    Breaking Bad
  • Options
    Crossroads
    Tony Hancock
    Keith Harris and Orville
    Mr Tumble
    In The Night Garden, lost track of it after the first series, that Igglepiggle is a wanker
    Tom Kerridge-lardy chef who thinks everything is 'lush' and 'proper', 'proper' salad dodger'