Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV shows that are supposed to be great but you really hate...

12346»

Comments

• Options

TEL said:

Mrs Browns Boys. Any version of Big Brother or spin offs. Coronation Street, just the dour music is enough. Anything with Nigella Lawson in it or Jamie Oliver.

Yellow card!! Heinous blasphemy! Anything with Nigella..? That's a spoof to trip us up isn't it? The rest of your list is unarguable but the divine Miss L is a celestial being beyond reproach.
    With you on this one @StigThundercock I skyplus anything she makes a chocolate sauce for. :)
  • Options

Redskin said:

Never hated it, but never got OFAH, mainly due to Rodney being an idiot, which, admittedly, was due to me seeing him on stage at the Greenwich Theatre when he must of been all of 14, being a fucking idiot.

Get out!! Only fools is the greatest tv sitcom of all time!
    I beg to differ, but I can imagine its appeal.
  • Options
    I’ve never really liked only fools and horses, never got the hype. Also another hater of Mrs browns boys. Add Breaking bad to that also
  • Options
    Add me to the Mrs Browns boys hate march. Only one comedy that is worse on TV and that's Citizen Khan.
  • Options

I’ve never really liked only fools and horses, never got the hype. Also another hater of Mrs browns boys. Add Breaking bad to that also

Behave!!!

OFAH is absolutely genius. I was only a kid in the 80's but the characters are even relatable to people i know now.
    I bet you were Damion VG!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Behave!!!

OFAH is absolutely genius. I was only a kid in the 80's but the characters are even relatable to people i know now.
    I bet you were Damion VG!!!
    tbf he was the only character that i disliked in it, so you're probably right!
  • Options

Whilst there's a few posts on this thread with programmes i'm surprised to see, and i can accept that not everyone will like the same thing, i'm genuinely stunned that there are people who don't like OFAH.

Even 20-30 years on, you can still watch any episode, knowing exactly what's going to happen, and still laugh out loud to it. Without question the best sitcom ever.

OFAH is okay but nothing more than that for me.

• Options
    Most things with Stephen Fry although I except Jeeves and Wooster and Blackadder from that rather sweeping statement.
  • Options

I'm afraid I just don't 'get' Fawlty Towers. I'm probably the only one here who'll say this but a lot of it is slapstick, which I just don't find funny. I've tried but I just can't get into it.

On, dos, tres must be one of the cleverest jokes ever. Up there with 'don't tell him Pike'. Perhaps deserves a thread of its own.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Being made to watch dancing on ice, my god it's awful.

Why were you "made" to watch it?
  • Options

Talal said:

Being made to watch dancing on ice, my god it's awful.

Why were you "made" to watch it?
    No need to take everything literally :smile:
  • Options

Anything with Keith Lemon (?!) in it. Please tell me he is not supposed to be funny.

A poor mans Vic Reeves
  • Options
    Peaky Blinders. Hate is probably too strong but there is a lot about this show that winds me up
  • Options
    OFAH is utter comedy genius. Brilliantly written and even more brilliantly performed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not TV, but film.
    Top Gun.
  • Options

Whilst there's a few posts on this thread with programmes i'm surprised to see, and i can accept that not everyone will like the same thing, i'm genuinely stunned that there are people who don't like OFAH.

Even 20-30 years on, you can still watch any episode, knowing exactly what's going to happen, and still laugh out loud to it. Without question the best sitcom ever.

Wasn't a massive fan - found Derek a bit annoying.

• Options
    Jimmy Seed loved Dixon of Dock Green.
  • Options
    Grrr Im getting sponsored links on this bloody page "For the love of Mrs Brown Live" Get tickets........Get F**k*d
  • Options
    cabbles said:

fadgadget said:

Anything with "Celebrity" in the title.
    Mrs Browns Boys.
    anything With the TV Mafia in , Philip Scofield/Ant & Dec/ Stephen Mulhern/Holly Willoughby they monopolise nearly every program and should have a channel dedicated to them, much easier to avoid by putting them in one place together .

Just reading through this and echo your thoughts about giving ant and Dec and Philip schofield etc they're own channel

It always pisses me off when they say ant and Dec have been voted most popular presenter double act for the 13th year in a row at the national TV awards. It's like Celtic winning the SPL. A) irrelevant and b) there's no fucking competition so who cares
    They do have their own channel... it’s called ITV!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I’m not a great fan of OFAH but I get why others like it. I don’t know if it’s stood the test of time as I’ve avoided any repeats. I would suspect that I would find it OKish like I did in the 80s. However, Mrs Brown’s Boys is just dross. If I find that funny in 20 years’ time, it will mean that I’ve lost my marbles.
  • Options

Behave!!!

Ain’t anywhere near as good as people make out in my opinion, some bits are funny don’t get me wrong, but it’s well over hyped
  • Options
    Lee nelson
    Mrs browns boys

Lock the thread now ;)
  • Options
    Peston on Sunday, don't know if this should be classed as great,
    but just can't stand Peston's phony accent, thinks he is on the stage.
    Surely ITV can do better than this self opinionated clown!