Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    addickson said:
    I know that this has been brought up before but people talking at gigs.

I go to a lot of gigs but was at a “big” gig for the first time for many years, The Chicks at Glasgow Hydro.  Remember now why I hate big gigs. Soulless, concrete shell, miles away from stage.

But the worst thing was the 2 women sat beside me talking very loudly throughout.  I eventually asked them to shut up and was told that if I wanted to listen to music I should stay at home and listen to a CD “ya tit”.

But it did make me reflect.  I’ve always considered myself on being in the right when challenging particularly noisy people at gigs (hell, I’ve even called out my mates on more than one occasion).  But, at the end of each song I sat politely clapping, whereas the 2 talkers would scream and whoop and help make an atmosphere, so perhaps they are right?
    They're not right - you are.
    They disrespect the artist and all those around them.  It's their money they've wasted on tickets for a gig they're not listening to but they are bang out of order spoiling it for anybody else.  If their conversation's important better for everyone they have it outside, they'll hear each other better and we won't hear them at all.
    Selfish gig attendees are seemingly ever present.  At an all seater or packed standing show you're buggered cos you can't move away from the nuisance.

I used to be involved in putting on a few shows, very smalltime.  We had all sorts, from solo acoustic to deafeningly loud, even a very occasional spoken word.
    For our nights we stuck up notices all around that policy was we were there to listen to the performers.  Dancing and applause are encouraged - Conversations are for elsewhere and between performances.
    It read as really preachy but it mattered to us.  It was broadly respected.  Crucially the bar wasn't in the performance space.

• Options
    Looking forward to The Who at the o2 next Wednesday. Every time I've seen them recently I've had it in the back of my mind it may well be the last time I do but I really can't see them touring again after this one. Maybe the odd charity concert here and there but I think that's it.
  • Options
    Looking forward to The Who at the o2 next Wednesday. Every time I've seen them recently I've had it in the back of my mind it may well be the last time I do but I really can't see them touring again after this one. Maybe the odd charity concert here and there but I think that's it.
    @DaveMehmet Am still undecided whether to go or not as I’d like to keep my good memories of The Who. I know what you mean about the last concert which has kept me going to see them but that last tour/gig seems to go on forever. Anyway, I still might go if i can get a ticket. Look forward to catching up! 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    @DaveMehmet Am still undecided whether to go or not as I’d like to keep my good memories of The Who. I know what you mean about the last concert which has kept me going to see them but that last tour/gig seems to go on forever. Anyway, I still might go if i can get a ticket. Look forward to catching up! 
    OK mate, let me know if you do decide to go and we can catch up. I'm in block B on the floor.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    OK mate, let me know if you do decide to go and we can catch up. I'm in block B on the floor.
    @DaveMehmet I decided to go and managed to get floor tickets in Block B. See you there for a beer!
  • Options
    Nice one mate, see you there.
  • Options
    Off to Glasgow on Wednesday to see The Hollywood Vampires. The Mighty Alice Cooper,  Joe Perry and someone called Johnny Depp. Buzzing 
  • Options
    Blur tonight.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    If i can get reasonably priced tickets i'll go. Golden Circle tickets were £130+, with regular pitch standing coming in at £90+. I think that's a piss take for Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    If i can get reasonably priced tickets i'll go. Golden Circle tickets were £130+, with regular pitch standing coming in at £90+. I think that's a piss take for Wembley.
    I couldn't go so sold mine. But there were thousands for sale on Ticketmaster. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    Tickets in the 500's blocks were going for £15/£20 on Twickets.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    Sold mine for £59 to sell quickly 2 weeks ago. 
  • Options
    Blur were outstanding.

And Phil Daniels turned up.

Tender and The Universal the highlights for me.

Damon Albarn seemed like he really appreciated the crowd, quite emotional at times.
  • Options
    And Beetlebum and Coffee & TV.
  • Options
    And To The End.
  • Options
    Blur were incredible tonight. Tight and looked like they were having fun. Shame disco balls in middle of stadium did not work for To The End (setlist says they were meant to). Crowd singing back tender was a moment. 
  • Options
    Iron Maiden at the O2 last night were fantastic. Considering his age Bruce Dickinson’s voice is still amazing. Great set list with some real deep cuts for the fans.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    I managed to sell my standing tickets for yesterday on Twickets for face value last week. 

Had got them when the gig was first announced, then they added the Sunday and much later announced Weller (and The Selecter) as support. So I am off to see them all today instead 😊
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.
    I managed to sell my standing tickets for yesterday on Twickets for face value last week. 

Had got them when the gig was first announced, then they added the Sunday and much later announced Weller (and The Selecter) as support. So I am off to see them all today instead 😊
    Today's line up is better. I still really want to go, but am struggling to justify the high prices for a band i've seen multiple times. 🫣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    TelMc32 said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Macronate said:
    Blur tonight.

Today's line up is better. I still really want to go, but am struggling to justify the high prices for a band i've seen multiple times. 🫣
    I suppose it’s not often we get the quality of support in the UK that they’ve got today. Not forgetting of course Plumstead’s own Steve Davis doing a DJ set 🎶 😉
  • Options
    On our way home from Depeche Mode's Berlin gig on Friday which was probably one of their best gigs I've seen. 80,000 Germans going bonkers and 30 degrees heat added to a great, great night. Even managed to bag a limited edition T-shirt shirt before they sold out. The Olypiastadion sound isn't the best though but a great stadium nonetheless.
  • Options
    Iron Maiden at the O2 last night were fantastic. Considering his age Bruce Dickinson’s voice is still amazing. Great set list with some real deep cuts for the fans.
    Went on Friday, really good show. 

Frank Skinner was there too.
  • Options
    Saw Pulp at Scarborough Open Air Theatre last night. Great show and the organisation of the whole experience was amazing. Free parking a ten minute walk away. Plenty of toilets, bars etc. 
    The only downside was the torrential rain that started after the support band finished and stopped as Jarvis hit the stage. Amazing presentation and all the old hits mixed with some newer ones. 
  • Options
    My band are playing a gig Friday 21st July at The Finsbury in North London if anyone fancies some free music. If that's included in gig watch! ;-) 
  • Options
    Herself, daughter, niece & one other got Taylor Swift tickets this morning. So having to listen to them over the last week worrying about not getting them. I’ll got over a year to listen to them going on about it.
    Nice one, my daughter is desperate for me to score her tickets for one of the Wembley shows. Have registered but have to wait until Friday to find out if I've been given a code or am on the waiting list. I have told her there's probably very little chance of getting them but I'll be superdad if I do.
  • Options
    Off to see Hothouse Flowers in Connelly's at Leap Saturday.
    Can’t blooming wait!
  • Options
    Off to see Hothouse Flowers in Connelly's at Leap Saturday.
    Can’t blooming wait!
    Don’t go.
    But…If You Go, take heed of some of the other posters on here and Shut Up & Listen! 😉