Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Saw Primal Scream a few weeks ago at Dreamland in Margate. I've seen them 5 times and this was by far the best. My god they were good, started off with a 15 minute version of Movin on Up which was almost religious. Great set and the band were spot on, tight as. Not even ruined by the odd downpour. Going to see Th Streets there in 2 weeks  
    I saw them at South Facing a few weeks back and they were shite. Bobby's voice was shot and live mix was a mush.
    He was waffling on, celebrating people on drugs, truly cringeworthy.
    They can be hit or miss. Which was a bit my point  - my god they were fucking brilliant on Margate.
    My first proper gig were PS at Brixton Acad in '94. Noel Gallagher was the support act. They were ace that night, really blew me away. I've seen them few times in since and it feels like a slow death. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Saw Primal Scream a few weeks ago at Dreamland in Margate. I've seen them 5 times and this was by far the best. My god they were good, started off with a 15 minute version of Movin on Up which was almost religious. Great set and the band were spot on, tight as. Not even ruined by the odd downpour. Going to see Th Streets there in 2 weeks  
    I saw them at South Facing a few weeks back and they were shite. Bobby's voice was shot and live mix was a mush.
    They can be hit or miss. Which was a bit my point  - my god they were fucking brilliant on Margate.
    My first proper gig were PS at Brixton Acad in '94. Noel Gallagher was the support act. They were ace that night, really blew me away. I've seen them few times in since and it feels like a slow death. 
    My first proper gig was Rush at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979. My god i feel old. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    A blast from the past last night watching Bootleg Jam at the Lord Hill in Bexleyheath. 
    Just looking at what’s coming up later this year and see From The Jam are playing Indigo in December. Playing the All Mod Cons album (plus hits) to celebrate 45 years since it was released. 45!!!!  I might have to admit I’m getting old soon! 😱😂
    I’ll be at this, support act are The Purple Hearts.
    the Purple Hearts are Playing Dartford Social Club on December 1st with Bootleg Jam supporting them mate.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    Plenty of miles in the tank, 60 is the new 40.

I saw Blur at the Apollo last month and they were great, It's a decent venue.

I'm disspointed i never got to see a band at the Odeon Lewisham. The footage from the Clash gig looks great.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    A blast from the past last night watching Bootleg Jam at the Lord Hill in Bexleyheath. 
    Just looking at what’s coming up later this year and see From The Jam are playing Indigo in December. Playing the All Mod Cons album (plus hits) to celebrate 45 years since it was released. 45!!!!  I might have to admit I’m getting old soon! 😱😂
    the Purple Hearts are Playing Dartford Social Club on December 1st with Bootleg Jam supporting them mate.
    Really, didn’t see that one mate. Are you sure about that though, they’re on tour supporting From The Jam around that time (although not playing on that night). Will definitely go if they are 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

I'm disspointed i never got to see a band at the Odeon Lewisham. The footage from the Clash gig looks great.
    Cheers mate - i was 13 at the time. I still cant believe my parents let me go to Hammersmith/Earls Court to see Rush, Motorhead, Sabbath Floyd etc etc when i was a 13 14 year old school boy and these were midweek gigs in London.  
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Really, didn’t see that one mate. Are you sure about that though, they’re on tour supporting From The Jam around that time (although not playing on that night). Will definitely go if they are 
    Definitely my mate is the bass player in Bootleg Jam
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Definitely my mate is the bass player in Bootleg Jam
    Nice one, will go to this
  • Options
    I saw the Walkmen at Koko in Camden Town last night. Fabulous show. So good to see them back together after a few years. Almost two hours of non-stop high performance.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I saw the Walkmen at Koko in Camden Town last night. Fabulous show. So good to see them back together after a few years. Almost two hours of non-stop high performance.

Wasn't aware of this but still maintain that The Rat is one of the greatest songs from that era.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Went to that one, the Clash were superb.  
  • Options
    My mate sent me this for a memorial gig his band are doing in December. Should be a good night, members of The Purple Hearts, Chords, UK Subs, 9 Below Zero involved

• Options
    Was at a loose end tonight and so picked up a resale ticket for New Order at the O2 - glad I did, really enjoyed it. They miss Hooky on the bass - that's quite some feud there - but they were great. 

Saw a couple of really good gigs last week - Blonde Redhead at the Lower Third (the old 12-Bar Club in Denmark Street) who took a while to get going but were superb, and Anna Erhard at Grace (Upstairs at the Garage in old money) was amazing. 
  • Options
    Much as I hate the Ally Pally, the National was superb (as always) on Wednesday 

• Options
    Joy Formidable were brilliant at Clapham Grand on Thursday and surprisingly backed by a small orchestra 

• Options

Saw a couple of really good gigs last week - Blonde Redhead at the Lower Third (the old 12-Bar Club in Denmark Street) who took a while to get going but were superb, and Anna Erhard at Grace (Upstairs at the Garage in old money) was amazing. 
    Good to hear about Blonde Redhead. They are back in London in December. I’ll grab tickets.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

I saw Lindisfarne supported by Genesis at Lewisham Odeon. 1972 I think. 

Coincidentally I am seeing Lindisfarne (well, a vesion with one member of the original band) at Blackheath Halls next Saturday. I'll walk there after the game at The Valley.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Coincidentally I am seeing Lindisfarne (well, a vesion with one member of the original band) at Blackheath Halls next Saturday. I'll walk there after the game at The Valley.
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

Me too … first time I’ve seen them since they were at the Valley 
  • Options
    Saw Terry Reid at Jazz Csfe last night. He's on top form at the moment with a great band so recommend anyone who loves that sort of thing to try and make the Half Moon on Monday. The sheer joy he plays with is wonderful.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone manage to get tickets for Liam Gallagher’s Definitely Maybe tour next June? Joined at 15k in the queue, sat there for an hour, got through and they were all gone, for all 4 nights 🫤
  • Options
    Anyone manage to get tickets for Liam Gallagher’s Definitely Maybe tour next June? Joined at 15k in the queue, sat there for an hour, got through and they were all gone, for all 4 nights 🫤
    I got 2 for Monday on AXS/O2 site. 
    I went for Monday as thought there would be a better chance 
  • Options
    Nice one, I was not prepared going into it. WS stuck on Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    I was 1,000 in the Ticketmaster queue, when I got them in AXS. 
    I wouldn't be amazed if they announce more gigs on the Saturday & Sunday. 
  • Options
    Had to give this a miss. Nephew getting married in Cyprus on the Monday and not sure his fiancé would take it well if I suggested they change their date 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Had to give this a miss. Nephew getting married in Cyprus on the Monday and not sure his fiancé would take it well if I suggested they change their date 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    She’d go supersonic 
  • Options
    2 standing tickets for the Monday.

Hope they do Columbia.
  • Options
    That’s what I’m hoping.
  • Options
    The Saturday at The O2 is already booked with Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer. Sunday (9th) looks free though.  Have it in my head though that Liam leaves gaps in the tour to help the voice recover, rather than playing too many consecutive dates. Might have that totally wrong though.