Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Saw Shed Seven tonight at Shepard's Bush, as per usual an excellent evening was had.
  • Options
    Saw Shed Seven tonight at Shepard's Bush, as per usual an excellent evening was had.
    I could deny

Cracking night but the standing was overcrowded in my opinion 
  • Options
    Was at Sheds with AD, good as ever. Agree it was a bit packed in there, we were stuck at the back where the view was a touch restricted. Maybe time for us old chaps to go in the seats!

Saw Andrew Cushin at Scala in the week. He was excellent, really good set and engaged with the crowd, hope he goes on to do well. 

Rifles next Friday once again, still look forward to every show though.
  • Options
    Was at the Lower Third, Denmark St, last night. Dreaming Spires and Danny and the Champions. Great gig.
  • Options
    Going to see a local 2-Tone/Ska covers band, The Skalites at the Bear and Ragged Staff Crayford tonight.
  • Options
    Going to see a local 2-Tone/Ska covers band, The Skalites at the Bear and Ragged Staff Crayford tonight.
    Cracking night, although had to put up with @AFKABartram (only joking mate, good to see you again).
  • Options
    Shout out for ELO Again, ventured out in the storm (35 min walk) to see them last night, well worth the effort.
  • Options
    Shout out for ELO Again, ventured out in the storm (35 min walk) to see them last night, well worth the effort.
    No Mr. Blue Sky?
  • Options
    Went to Drumsheds a couple of weeks ago for Bugged out (Hot chip, Orbital, Basement jaxx dj).  Same owners as Printworks and they have designed it to look the same.  The main room is very cavernous and not as atmospheric as the short width, long aspect in Printwork which detracts from the atmosphere somewhat.  Hot Chip were excellent and the crowd were up for it.  
  • Options
    Past couple of weeks - Dream Wife at Brixton Electric, who were great, and Lande Hekt at The Lexington, who was also really good (and I bloody love going to The Lexington).

Nothing planned this month, but if you're going to Carlisle away, not in a hurry to get home and are into your 80s music, the Blow Monkeys are playing there that night. I was tempted while I was thinking about making the trip...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was very impressed with Squirrel Flower at the Hope and Ruin in Brighton. The sound was a bitty iffy at the start, but after that, they were excellent. Well worth a look.

• Options
    I am what the children on TikTok call an “elder emo” these days - anyone else? 

Going to the Finch gig tomorrow! 20 years since me and a mate split our EMA money to buy their CD the day it came out from Surrey Quays HMV. 👴🏻
  • Options
    It's a festival but couldn't find a more appropriate thread, thoughts on the download line up for anyone going?

Had a look at Isle Of Wight, not looking great, neither was Slamdunk. 

Isle of Wight would be proper pants imo without Greenday 
  • Options
    Got tickets yesterday for Green Day at Wembley stadium & The Pretenders at The Palladium.
  • Options
    Got tickets yesterday for Green Day at Wembley stadium & The Pretenders at The Palladium.
    Which one are you going to go to?
  • Options
    Lovely stuff. Greenday are definitely on the list. 

Atm I am looking at Download, might go Bring me the Horizon at the o2 but I've already seen them twice and they don't play most of my favourite songs. 

Very tempted by Lorna Shore at the o2 forum, reckon they'd be insane there. Also Slaughter to Prevail coming up.

I really want to do Rockville, Daytona Beach but it looks like it could clash with league 1 play off dates and ya never know..
  • Options
    Most of my gigs these days are chaperoning my daughter. Saw Declan Welsh and the Decadent West at Omera last night. He was actually very good. Not a fan of the new stuff, but his more guitar heavy stuff is very good.

Static Dress at the O2 Academy next week I am less enthusiastic about and will spend most of the night worrying that she will get killed in the pit!

Looking forward to The Front Bottoms all dayer at the O2 Kentish Town in December.

Also got tickets for the Reytons "home coming" at some park in Rotherham next year. Actually like them and it's an all dayer so should be pretty good.
  • Options
    Most of my gigs these days are chaperoning my daughter. Saw Declan Welsh and the Decadent West at Omera last night. He was actually very good. Not a fan of the new stuff, but his more guitar heavy stuff is very good.

Static Dress at the O2 Academy next week I am less enthusiastic about and will spend most of the night worrying that she will get killed in the pit!

Looking forward to The Front Bottoms all dayer at the O2 Kentish Town in December.

Also got tickets for the Reytons "home coming" at some park in Rotherham next year. Actually like them and it's an all dayer so should be pretty good.
    Static dress, I wouldn't worry too much about a dangerous pit there mate haha.

I have also been looking at The Front Bottoms but because they're being supported by We Were Promised Jetpacks and I really wouldn't mind seeing them
  • Options

I have also been looking at The Front Bottoms but because they're being supported by We Were Promised Jetpacks and I really wouldn't mind seeing them

Seen Static Dress with her a couple of times. Last one was at the Underworld. It was nuts and the band had to stop at one point and ask people to calm down as so many were getting pulled out with heat exhaustion!
  • Options

Seen Static Dress with her a couple of times. Last one was at the Underworld. It was nuts and the band had to stop at one point and ask people to calm down as so many were getting pulled out with heat exhaustion!
    Bloody hell that does surprise me, suppose people get stuck in to most songs haha 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We went up to see The Reytons for their first big arena gig in Sheffield a few weeks back. Brilliant night. Declan Welsh was supporting funnily enough, third on the bill with the Ks after who were excellent.

We really want to get up for the Clifton Park gig but it looks like it clashes with the Euro quarters so will need to see how things play out
  • Options
    Saw Inhaler at Troxy last Saturday. Really enjoyed it and quite taken by their support act of Nieve Ella as well. She and her band were thoroughly enjoying themselves and she certainly knows how to play, despite saying she isn’t a guitarist. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Saw Inhaler at Troxy last Saturday. Really enjoyed it and quite taken by their support act of Nieve Ella as well. She and her band were thoroughly enjoying themselves and she certainly knows how to play, despite saying she isn’t a guitarist. 

I was at this with my daughter as well. It was all a bit Smash Hits Poll Winners Party for my liking. They were ok but Bono's boy has inherited a bit too much of the rock god gene for my liking!
  • Options
    Swerve said:

We went up to see The Reytons for their first big arena gig in Sheffield a few weeks back. Brilliant night. Declan Welsh was supporting funnily enough, third on the bill with the Ks after who were excellent.

We really want to get up for the Clifton Park gig but it looks like it clashes with the Euro quarters so will need to see how things play out

We saw the Reytons at The Electric Ballroom in the summer and they refused to come on till the England Vs France game in the world cup finished (told people before the gig) so might not be an issue for the Euros!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I was at this with my daughter as well. It was all a bit Smash Hits Poll Winners Party for my liking. They were ok but Bono's boy has inherited a bit too much of the rock god gene for my liking!
    😂 Yes, I agree. Wondered what I was doing when we got there & the queue was all teenage girls in stetsons & deeleyboppers on their heads. 

At least Bono’s lad was showing his dad’s early version and not the one he ended up as 😉
  • Options
    Freak Flag, play a 'Hendrix special' on the 24th November at Folkestone's best musical venue The Chamber's, and it's FREE.

There will be a collection to raise funds towards a statue for Noel Redding, Jimi's Bass player who came from Folkestone. They are bound to play some Peter Green, Cream, and other guitar greats of the era, Fun starts at 8.30.

Buy a drink, donate a few quid....... one of the best Kent  based bands around
  • Options

Hi’ll be at The Front Bottoms who are supported by We Were Promised Jetpacks - not only a great name but a decent band.
  • Options
    Freak Flag, play a 'Hendrix special' on the 24th November at Folkestone's best musical venue The Chamber's, and it's FREE.

There will be a collection to raise funds towards a statue for Noel Redding, Jimi's Bass player who came from Folkestone. They are bound to play some Peter Green, Cream, and other guitar greats of the era, Fun starts at 8.30.

Buy a drink, donate a few quid....... one of the best Kent  based bands around
    Saw them a couple of months ago in The Anchor (Old Town, Hastings), do some good Cream numbers as well as Hendrix.
  • Options
    Had an email this morning about Taylor Swift extra dates next August. I’ve been given an access code but would imagine I’ll have no chance. Not bothered myself but I’ll earn unlimited brownie points from my daughter if I am successful!