Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Going to see Rhiannon Giddens in February - first concert for some time.
  • Options
    Watched Hothouse Flowers at Nell's in Kensington last night.  Not a  band I am familiar with and my first gig at Nell's too. Excellent night all round.  Sound was brilliant, and everyone is close to the stage.  The band were tight and very good musicians, playing for 2.25 hours. Powerful, and haunting, music. Will try to catch them again next year...
  • Options
    Off to see Bad Manners in Brighton on Sunday night.
    Bad Manners were good but Max Splodge supporting them was fantastic.

• Options
    Good to see Max Splodge is going strong. I last saw him at Sevenoaks Station but many times at the Tramshed and other venues in my youth.
  • Options
    Good to see Max Splodge is going strong. I last saw him at Sevenoaks Station but many times at the Tramshed and other venues in my youth.
    So did I  - The Tramshed ones were legendary - Gingers Out, Rock against Ginger People :)   - the album was never off my turntable.  
  • Options
    My last proper gig of the year was a couple of weeks ago - 90s indie almost-superstars Spearmint at Colours in Hoxton, who were absolutely tremendous.

Excited about the gigs coming up in the New Year - Currls at Old Blue Last in Shoreditch and a trip up to the Horn in St Albans to see Personal Trainer. Basically my gig choices are decided by whatever's played on 6 Music late at night...
  • Options
    He used to live in a flat opposite Sidcup station....
  • Options
    Shed Seven at Rough Trade, Shoreditch last night.

3 old songs and 3 off their new album.

Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    At The Smyths tonight at Shepherds Bush Empire. Always a great night. My daughter’s first proper gig too (I don’t count Billie Eilish) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a gig but Neville Staple is doing a meet and greet at Tonics in Blackfen on Feb 3rd.
  • Options
    going to a playback of new smile album + Q and A with the band tomorrow at Prince Charles cinema. Hoping the new album as good as the first.  
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    going to a playback of new smile album + Q and A with the band tomorrow at Prince Charles cinema. Hoping the new album as good as the first.  
    How was it?  Tracks released so far are promising.

I'm seeing them at Ally Pally in March.  Looking forward to that. 
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    At The Smyths tonight at Shepherds Bush Empire. Always a great night. My daughter’s first proper gig too (I don’t count Billie Eilish) 
    Surely Billie Eilish (if you like her or not) is more of a proper gig than a covers band ? 
  • Options
    edited January 19
    dickad1 said:
    BalladMan said:
    How was it?  Tracks released so far are promising.

I'm seeing them at Ally Pally in March.  Looking forward to that. 
    Very good. Sounds a lot ‘bigger’ than the first album and added lots of live strings to the mix this time around. The songs released so far are probably the most instant (although I did only hear the others once). Short at 9 tracks (plus a secret bonus track). 

Band were in good form and Thom is funnier than I expected. 

• Options
    Off to see Mesh Sunday at the Garage , really looking forward to this as they dont often play the UK . 
  • Options
    Not a gig but Neville Staple is doing a meet and greet at Tonics in Blackfen on Feb 3rd.
    Or maybe not. Sounds pretty serious, hope he recovers.

The Specials singer Neville Staple cancels all gigs - BBC News
  • Options
    Have been lurking on the forum for a good while, mainly for CAFC reports and news but I keep missing this thread.  Looks like you lot have been to some cracking gigs over the last few months (some of which I've also been at).

Coming up over the next 2 months for me are Gomez, Los Campesinos, The Mary Wallopers, Jeff Rosenstock and hopefully The Hives in April. 

• Options
    Skaalites playing at sidcup rec club tonight - gonna be good 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m going to see them at the Dartford Social Club next Saturday. They’re excellent 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or maybe not. Sounds pretty serious, hope he recovers.

The Specials singer Neville Staple cancels all gigs - BBC News
    I saw the statement yesterday. Sounded like he wouldn’t be performing for some time, but would try to attend personal appearances. This one may be a bit too soon for him though. Hope he makes a full recovery soon 🤞🏻🕴🏾
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Old mate/school friend plays the drums for them.
  • Options
    Think they are up the Lord Hill on 9th February too.
  • Options

We’ll be there.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m going to see them at the Dartford Social Club next Saturday. They’re excellent 
    yep - saw them at old dartfordians rugby club about 5 years ago - were brilliant - got us all in the front row of the mosh pit up on stage with them for the last few songs 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    my mate is good friends with the lead singer - we lined them up to play at sidcup and then covid scuppered it  
  • Options
    Actual rock royally was in my hometown last night. Iron Maiden legend Steve Harris side project, British Lion, at Leo's Red Lion in Gravesend last night.

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    PJ?
  • Options
    Accompanied my daughter to Bring Me The Horizon at the O2 last night. Show finished nearly 45 mins late as it was stopped 3 times due to incidents in the crowd - it was pretty mad at times.

They were actually pretty good and the stage show was well done.
  • Options
    Bring me the Horizon yesterday, voice torn to shreds. 

First time I've heard Empire live and I did my best banshee impression. 

One of the best gigs I've been to