Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Oops! Sorry guys.
  • Options
    We watched a decent film on Netflix last night called Black and Blue. A New Orleans wpc witnessing cops killing a drug lord and then trying to pin it on her.

Once you get to the incident it is quite gripping. 

That’s one hell of a band name 
  • Options
    Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes last night. They were ok. My daughter loved them, but I was more of a fan of the two support bands. Hot Wax and The Mysterines. Lia Metcalf the singer in the Mysterines is properly stunning. Think they supported Arctic Monkeys in the summer.
    Love The Mysterines ... great band
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes last night. They were ok. My daughter loved them, but I was more of a fan of the two support bands. Hot Wax and The Mysterines. Lia Metcalf the singer in the Mysterines is properly stunning. Think they supported Arctic Monkeys in the summer.
    Love The Mysterines ... great band
    Tickets for their UK tour go on sale next Friday. They are doing the Shepherds Bush Empire in London .
  • Options
    Going to see Marty Wilde at Blackheath Halls on April 27th, quite possibly the last gig on home turf for the Blackheath boy...  
  • Options
    Going to see Marty Wilde at Blackheath Halls on April 27th, quite possibly the last gig on home turf for the Blackheath boy...  
    My mates mum was his cleaner back in the day. 
  • Options
    My dad saw him with Jo Brown a few years ago, said he was brilliant.
  • Options
    Went to see Hannah Wicklund last night. I was well impressed. Only discovered her a couple of weeks ago, and only because the opener was a local band I wanted to see. Bluesy, rocky, sometimes a bit country ( but not too much ). I’d definitely go to see her play again. 

Busy week for gigging. Saw Lily Hiatt on Wednesday, but she really was a bit too generic. Really good support from Molly Martin, who had a Blink 182 feel to her songs. 

Mary Timoney tonight. I only know her from ExHex, so this will be all new. 
  • Options
    Great place for a gig ... seen quite a few there
  • Options
    Laura Jane Grace tonight, excellent show, mostly her solo stuff, but a few Against Me songs thrown in. Added bonus - less than 5 minute walk from my house to the venue, but $13 for a beer is a bit high, even for Boston. 

Next up, Nita Strauss on Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had the IDLES (that's how you write it apparently) over here in Barcelona a week ago. I mainly went as some friends came over from the UK so I just went along for the ride, but I wa utterly blown away. Two hours of absolute power - a hug performance t watch and hear. My major regret was not listening to a few tracks before the show as I generally find gigs are easier when I have some familiarity with the set list, but this lot were wild, and I'll be making a bee line to see them next time the come over,
    Absolutely top notch. 

Now I have a break until Rammstein show up in june. There are some bands I'd really like to see around then as well, but Pearl Jam were asking a starting price of 140 euros  (which some of the touting agencies have now doubled) which as far as I'm concerned is too much for two hours entertainment. The Idles cost 40 - cheap and very good value. I can get over 20 months of Spotify for the price of a Pearl Jam ticket.

• Options
    I love Idles, seen them a couple of times.
    (It's Idles btw). 
  • Options
    Quite a step up from the studio sound to the stage performance. Amazing show.
  • Options
    Idles are the best live British band right now. New album is an evolution in sound also. 
  • Options
    Another evening with my daughter on Friday. Vukovi at the Electric Ballroom.

Got quite a few booked in for the next few months:

Bilk
    Hubbard's
    Indoor Pets
    Pvris
    The Reytons
    The Mysterines

• Options
    edited March 20
    OMD Southend with my eldest Daughter , a great night , probably the best ive seen from them .
    Off to the O2 to see them again this weekend .

• Options

• Options
    I'm seeing them in Brighton Tuesday
  • Options
    I'm seeing them in Brighton Tuesday
    Enjoy your evening , they are really on form this tour .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a spare for the Smile at Alexandra Palace tonight if anyone is interested.  DM me. 
  • Options
    Saw Tommy Scott of Space at "The Slaughtered Lamb" last night doing an acoustic set. Absolutely outstanding and wow what a voice he still has. Really nice bloke too. Best £21 I have spent for a while!
  • Options
    Stranglers at the Royal Albert Hall tonight, with @Afternoon Delight. No support but two sets from them instead. Lots of bangers and some to suit the hard core, a really good mix.

Great evening, not quite sure the venue matches the sound but certainly didn't spoil it. Been 3-4 times for various things now, it's an astounding building, and not just for the access to toilets and bars.
  • Options
    OMD were fantastic at The Brighton Dome tonight. Great mix of old and new. They never disappoint. 
  • Options
    Swerve said:
    Stranglers at the Royal Albert Hall tonight, with @Afternoon Delight. No support but two sets from them instead. Lots of bangers and some to suit the hard core, a really good mix.

Great evening, not quite sure the venue matches the sound but certainly didn't spoil it. Been 3-4 times for various things now, it's an astounding building, and not just for the access to toilets and bars.
    I like gigs at the Albert Hall but not been for ages … last time for The Cranberries who were great 
  • Options
    edited March 27
    OMD were fantastic at The Brighton Dome tonight. Great mix of old and new. They never disappoint. 
    I Done southend and the 02 last weekend , Brilliant stuff , Andy McCluskey what a front man . i hope this is not their last tour , i always look forward to seeing them .
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    I Done southend and the 02 last weekend , Brilliant stuff , Andy McCluskey what a front man . i hope this is not their last tour , i always look forward to seeing them .
    I've seen them a few times over the years, first time about 44 years ago at The YMCA, Tottenham Court Road. Was just the 2 of them then, plus Martin Cooper on sax (he didn't play keyboards at that time) and a reel to reel tape recorder. They had so few songs that the encore was a repeat of a couple of earlier numbers. Last night sounded just as fresh as back in the day. Loved it
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    I've seen them a few times over the years, first time about 44 years ago at The YMCA, Tottenham Court Road. Was just the 2 of them then, plus Martin Cooper on sax (he didn't play keyboards at that time) and a reel to reel tape recorder. They had so few songs that the encore was a repeat of a couple of earlier numbers. Last night sounded just as fresh as back in the day. Loved it
    First see them for the Architecture & Morality tour at Drury Lane , kept hold of my programme and managed to get it signed a few years ago .Lost count of how many times ive seen them but have always enjoyed it everytime .  
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Swerve said:

I like gigs at the Albert Hall but not been for ages … last time for The Cranberries who were great 
    Delores died over 6 years ago, seems scarcely believable
  • Options
    Thought I'd join the OMD love in, though not been too any of the current shows (not a big fan of larger venues) here's a couple of shots I took from the first time I saw them at Hammersmith November 1980.

Think Winston might still have been with them on stage at this time.  Seen them many times over the years probably my favourite was in 2013 at  the Roundhouse when they were supported by my music hero John Foxx (and the Maths).