Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

1404142434446»

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else at Liam G at the O2 last night, thought it was absolutely superb - he sounded as good as ever (maybe that was the booze I'd had) but a cracking set. As close to an Oasis gig as I think I'll get sadly 
    We're going Monday.
  • Options
    Saw St Vincent at RAH last Saturday, she’s not only gorgeous but a great musician and performer. 

Totally obsessed and in love with her, bit embarrassing at my age.
  • Options
    Liam Gallagher at the O2 tonight. Got a resale ticket for £30 this afternoon. If I had paid full price for that I wouldn't have been happy. Sound (as ever at the O2) was shit, 80% of the crowd appeared to be utter cnuts and it was essentially a karaoke session.
  • Options
    Sound in the lower seats was excellent.
    The 7 or 8 great songs were excellent.
    The dozen or so other songs were meh.
    7/10, but it could easily have been 10/10 with a better set list.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Yeah See tickets. Thanks
    They usually come up on the app about 7 days before the gig. I’m going on the 20th and app currently says “tickets available soon”. Mine are through related company - Gigs & Tours - and they sent an update email out on 26th May.
    @bolloxbolder

Got an email earlier to confirm tickets have been released and I can see that they are now in the See Tickets Wallet. 
  • Options
    Good/great in parts but pretty bland in others, agree about the set list.
    Liam seemed to be pissed off with something during the first few songs, not sure whether that affected his performance.
    As a band, I thought Cast sounded better than Liam’s.
  • Options
    edited June 11
    Macronate said:
    Good/great in parts but pretty bland in others, agree about the set list.
    Liam seemed to be pissed off with something during the first few songs, not sure whether that affected his performance.
    As a band, I thought Cast sounded better than Liam’s.
    Yes, I noticed that as well. He kept walking to the sound desk at the side of the stage and was pointing at his ear so assume the levels on his ear monitors weren't right. He did it 3/4 times in the first 15 minutes.

The set list was a strange one. There were quite a few around me who clearly had no idea what the early demo stuff he played was and it felt like he lost the crowd for extended periods. No idea how much he interacts with the audience nowadays, but there wasn't much last night. He was giving off a pissed off vibe all evening imo.

Loads of people seemed to leave before the first encore and even more before the second.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Yeah See tickets. Thanks
    They usually come up on the app about 7 days before the gig. I’m going on the 20th and app currently says “tickets available soon”. Mine are through related company - Gigs & Tours - and they sent an update email out on 26th May.
    @bolloxbolder

Got an email earlier to confirm tickets have been released and I can see that they are now in the See Tickets Wallet. 

Thanks.  I've got the email but sadly not the tickets in the wallet.

Will only panic if not there tomorrow 🤔 
  • Options
    I now have the tickets.  Thanks again 👍
  • Options
    Saw Jools Holland and his band for the first time ever last night at the marquee they have put up near the Orchard in Dartford.

It's not my cup of tea tbh, but his band are very tight and highly talented, Ruby Turner and Imelda May can bang out a tune and a half also.

Drinks massive rip-off as usual, bar that a decent night in a venue that held about 600 I reckon.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    dev said:
    Saw Jools Holland and his band for the first time ever last night at the marquee they have put up near the Orchard in Dartford.

It's not my cup of tea tbh, but his band are very tight and highly talented, Ruby Turner and Imelda May can bang out a tune and a half also.

Drinks massive rip-off as usual, bar that a decent night in a venue that held about 600 I reckon.

Every time I've seen Imelda May perform, she's been worth the ticket price herself, even just as guest singer with Jeff Beck.
    Imelda May with Jools's band of virtuosos is a top night out indeed.
  • Options
    edited June 13
    dev said:

Are there plans to re-open the Orchard, understand that it was closed due to it's raac (or whatever) it is concrete construction?
  • Options
    dev said:

Are there plans to re-open the Orchard, understand that it was closed due to it's raac (or whatever) it is concrete construction?
    Later this year apparently.
  • Options
    Went to see Alexander O Neal last Friday night at RAH for his final ever live show…I know he is old but probably shoulda retired a good few yrs back tho to be honest,lost his voice on many occasions & seemed to forget the words also,relied alot on the band & backing singers,was good to hear the old tunes from the last time I saw him in 1987…then to something completely different…

always joked about seeing Barry Manillow but ended up at the London Palladium on Sunday & wow what a showman,still got the voice & hair to boot…brilliant performance he smashed it…(not even embarrassed to tell me mates I went) & Jimmy Tarbuck had the packed crowd in stitches as the warm up to Bazza
  • Options
    Went to see Alexander O Neal last Friday night at RAH for his final ever live show…I know he is old but probably shoulda retired a good few yrs back tho to be honest,lost his voice on many occasions & seemed to forget the words also,relied alot on the band & backing singers,was good to hear the old tunes from the last time I saw him in 1987…then to something completely different…

always joked about seeing Barry Manillow but ended up at the London Palladium on Sunday & wow what a showman,still got the voice & hair to boot…brilliant performance he smashed it…(not even embarrassed to tell me mates I went) & Jimmy Tarbuck had the packed crowd in stitches as the warm up to Bazza
    Mrs GA & her mum and a few friends went to see Barry last Sunday. They really enjoyed it. I had to listen to them singing when I picked them up from the station.
  • Options
    Bloomsday Festival, a celebration of Ulysses by James Joyce. The Irish one was moved from Dublin to Donegal, in London it was held at Embassy Gdns in front of the new US Embassy. The main draw for us was Imelda May, although the Guinness was good. At £7.50 a pint, it needed to be.

Imelda read a few pages from Ulysses, some of her poems, sang a few of her own songs, covered The Fureys When You Were Sweet Sixteen, and finished with a cracking rendition of Teenage Kicks. 
  • Options
    Foo Fighters last Thursday. A great set and the sound was excellent. 

Unfortunately as you can see I was miles away from the stage. 

It was a nightmare, security wise getting into the Stadium, took 45 minutes to get in once reaching the stadium. I won't be going back there in a hurry unless we draw the hammers in the cup.
  • Options
    I was a bit closer @bolloxbolder and got through security nice and easy. Cracking night, as it always is with Dave and the band. 3 storming hours and great to see Taylor’s lad, Shane, joining them on stage again. Loved it. 
  • Options
    Been to watch Pink at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium and Foo Fighters at the London Stadium recently. Both excellent gigs in some ways but both absolutely shite venues for music.

Especially the Spurs stadium where it was almost impossible to get food or drink if you were in floor standing without spending half an hour in a queue (ditto toilet queue for the missus).

Will travel out of London to see a band if possible rather than visit either again. 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Went to Leeds on Rocks Saturday, it's mainly stuff from the 80's....Toyah, Go West, Level 42, UB40, FT Jam, Kim Appleby, Jason Donavan, Altered Images, China Crisis, EXTC and Peter Hook and the Light....plus dj's playing various 80's hits.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did anyone see Toyah in the IOW tent singing I Love Rock and Roll?
    My God it was laughably bad even by her standards.
    The funny thing was that she looked so pleased with her performance I thought she may burst.
  • Options
    Did anyone see Toyah in the IOW tent singing I Love Rock and Roll?
    My God it was laughably bad even by her standards.
    The funny thing was that she looked so pleased with her performance I thought she may burst.
    TBF she was OK up at Leeds....done a good Billy Idol track along with a few of her hits. She is doing well for 66.
  • Options
    I had the misfortune to see her live when she was starting out. Utterly dreadful and possibly one of the worst live acts I've seen - hard to describe how bad and embarrassing she was.
  • Options
    I had the misfortune to see her live when she was starting out. Utterly dreadful and possibly one of the worst live acts I've seen - hard to describe how bad and embarrassing she was.
    She was never "real" or credible.
    Amazing that she's still relevant, although that's probably down to her husband Fripp.
    She looks quite good, but she's had a lot of "work" done.
  • Options
    It’s a mystery, she’s still singing.
  • Options
    It’s a mystery, she’s still singing.
    It's a mystery and I want to be Free are two of the worst songs ever released. My idea of hell is being forced to listen to them 24 hours a day...