Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

1434445464749»

Comments

• Just bought tickets for two gigs next year! 

Fontaines DC @ Finsbury Park
    Catfish & The Bottlemen @ Spurs Stadium
  • The one with Bowie is from Live Aid (Dolby was part of his backing band on the day).
  • fadgadget said:
    A few pictures from Thomas Dolby at Shepheard's Bush last night . 
    Going to see him tomorrow in Islington after the game, looking forward to it.
  • edited August 23
    As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Pink Floyd tribute band 'On the Run' at the Folkestone Bandstand, Sunday8th September, it's FREE, and over a 1000 people have expressed  an interest on Facebook alone!. Starts at 2pm, but I would get there a little earlier, as parking could well be an issue by the sounds of it. Having heard the real thing, in there heyday at Hyde park, and Wembley, I expect a high level of musical competence.
     Not going to see the 'actual band' unless there is a miracle, so a must for me. 
  • Miki Berenyi Trio (the former singer from Lush) at The Lexington tonight - brilliant show. 
  • Mysterines have cancelled their entire October tour. Sounds like they might be splitting up.
  • On the Run played a fantastic set on Saturday mostly from 'Darkside of the Moon' they did a fabulous job in  the downpour, I have just about dried out!. Fantastic to hear them, with some of Dave Gilmour's  backing singers, and the  female sax player was sensational, Not sure I ever saw Candy Dulfer live, as I was up in the gods at Earls court, but the lady was spot on!.  Great to hear these sounds, swirling around the cliff tops in Folkestone, and although only 400 turned up in the monsoon, I would happily have paid to see this group again.   
  • JUNGLE FC - free transfers one night only @O2. Mins to go 😝
  • What/who are Jungle FC?
    I did a brief google and am still none the wiser.
  • Sponsored links:

Jungle’s music really took off after Busy Earnin’ featured on FIFA 15. A range of football shirts branded Jungle FC took off, the latest ‘Volcano’ my son is wearing. The Accelerate shirt was the tie in to their first album.

Incredible show!! 
    Jungle’s music really took off after Busy Earnin’ featured on FIFA 15. A range of football shirts branded Jungle FC took off, the latest ‘Volcano’ my son is wearing. The Accelerate shirt was the tie in to their first album.

Incredible show!! 
    I saw Jungle on the TV at Glastonbury (I think).
    Not my cup of tea (but that’s irrelevent).
    It was seeing Jungle FC that I didn’t “get”.
  • The Bug Club at Rough Trade East last week - lots of fun, did a full set despite it being an in-store. 

New Starts (Darren Hayman's new band, if anyone remembers the band Hefner) and Carla J Easton at The Lexington on Tuesday were great.

Coach Party (the band from the Isle of Wight that aren't Wet Leg) at Paper Dress Vintage in Hackney on Thursday - they were amazing.
  • edited September 19
    Booked up today for The Prodigy at Brixton on O2 priority (the Thursday not the Saturday which ends 1 am).
    The Pixies at Brixton.
    Peter Hook and the Light - The Troxy. 
    Plus Marilyn (Monroe)  The Exhibition  -The Arches London Bridge (for the wife).
  • Got tickets to see 9 Below Zero at the 229 in Jan. 45th anniversary of their Live at The Marquee album and the original 4 members are getting back together for it.
    Denis Greaves often plays down the Pelton arms 
  • I've got a couple of tickets for tonight's David Gilmour's show at Brighton. Its a dress rehearsal for his up coming tour. 
    I had to buy a bit of new merchandise, last Friday, to qualify for a a chance to join the queue on Ticket Master last Monday. The tickets were considerably cheaper than the Albert Hall tickets, so not all bad.
  • Got a couple coming up next week. Jaws The Shark at The Grace on Weds and Boston Manor at The Forum on Friday.

Saw Jaws The Shark support Indoor Pets a while back and he was brilliant. Would urge anyone who likes a guitar band to check him out on Spotify.
  • I've got a couple of tickets for tonight's David Gilmour's show at Brighton. Its a dress rehearsal for his up coming tour. 
    I had to buy a bit of new merchandise, last Friday, to qualify for a a chance to join the queue on Ticket Master last Monday. The tickets were considerably cheaper than the Albert Hall tickets, so not all bad.
    I’m glad that the band specified that it was Jaws the Shark and not Jaws from the James Bond film. If they were called Jaws this could have caused confusion at the bar if someone had said “what jaws?” With the answer being “a pint of lager!” 🤓
  • Mysterines have cancelled their entire October tour. Sounds like they might be splitting up.
    That’s a pity 
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackberry Smoke at Apollo Hammersmith last Saturday
    Sensational
    packed in loads of songs from across their near quarter century career
    Faultless performances all round.  Main man Charlie Starr really is a very fine singer
    A highly enthusiastic audience brought a near gospel congregation vibe to the singalongs 
    I won't leave it so long to see them again 

At the opposite end of the spectrum Sisters Of Mercy in Berlin back in January -a miserable pisstake
    I'd been aware that Eldritch's voice had declined somewhat with age but wasn't prepared for either his lack of power or his utter lack of interest
    SoM live has been Grandpa Goth and a revolving door of hired hands for years but most of his employees over the years have been capable
    Not so much the haircut with the guitar this time.  He(?) was detailed to fill in the huge gaps in what Eldritch was capable/inclined to deliver vocally but wasn't blessed with much of a voice himself.
    Much of SoM material relies on programming, sequencing etc but I've seen more convincing shows from blokes down the pub with a guitar, backing tracks and patches.
    There was a figure stood behind a bank of what we guessed were supposed to be keyboards but the noise coming out sounded just like the instrumental tracks off the records
    Eldritch and his young friend adding shabby karaoke 'vocals'.

Anybody considering paying to see him/them early next year, think again unless you like being fleeced.