Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gig spy

Comments

• AC/DC at Wembley last night. So disappointed, the sound was so bad it was inaudible. Just a wall of noise. 
    That's a shame, seen them a couple of times and they've been superb. Not really AC/DC though as only Brian and Angus plus touring band.
  • AC/DC at Wembley last night. So disappointed, the sound was so bad it was inaudible. Just a wall of noise. 
    That's a shame, seen them a couple of times and they've been superb. Not really AC/DC though as only Brian and Angus plus touring band.
    Theres not many bands that keep original members, Sugar Babes?
  • Staying up in Aston, just outside Sheffield tonight and tomorrow. Heading to the Reytons at Clifton Park in Rotherham tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Shame the support line up is so crap.
  • Enjoy, would definitely have gone but bad timing for me with the football. I think Andrew Cushin as one of he support acts is excellent, but looks like he's on quite early
  • edited July 6
    I saw Arcade Fire on Thursday at Brixton. Very good as usual.
    Theres not many bands that keep original members, Sugar Babes?
    True 
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/acdc-tour-wembley-2024-b2573806.html
  • I saw Arcade Fire on Thursday at Brixton. Very good as usual as usual.
    Went last night.  Funeral (live) is an incredible piece of work, well performed. They still appear to be truly happy playing in front of a positive crowd. 
  • I saw Arcade Fire on Thursday at Brixton. Very good as usual.
    My mates band were their support act
  • I saw Arcade Fire on Thursday at Brixton. Very good as usual.
    My mates band were their support act
    Sorry, didn't like them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reytons at Clifton Park in Rotherham this evening. They were very good and a cracking atmosphere, largely due to it being their hometown gig.

Just an absolute nightmare getting a taxi back to our Air BnB afterwards.
  • Killers tonight at the O2 with Travis supporting. 
  • Saw EXTC on Friday night at the Forge in Camden. Now a 3 piece Terry Chambers the drummer is the original drummer with XTC who left the band back in 1982 when Andy Partridge could no longer tour.
    Great set of tunes from XTC's full range of favourites some of which I have never heard live as they effectively became a studio band only post 82.
    Terry is still a quality drummer and obviously loves being back out on the road.  A good night to roll back the years
    Was with a few old mates on Canvey on Saturday night, all of us ACDC fans and saying we wouldn't do stadium gigs any more so skipped this one.  Just a terrible experience overall and - sorry to be cynical - but I get the impression it's more about people saying they were there.  We all said we'd rather watch a decent pub band.

Then we went in to see a Jam cover band to prove our point.  And they were ***** terrible.
  • I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs at Dreamland, Margate last night. They were very good.
  • Senpai said:
    I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs at Dreamland, Margate last night. They were very good.
    I’ve seen then a couple of times when they’ve been on the same bill as The Who and are superb.
    Was with a few old mates on Canvey on Saturday night, all of us ACDC fans and saying we wouldn't do stadium gigs any more so skipped this one.  Just a terrible experience overall and - sorry to be cynical - but I get the impression it's more about people saying they were there.  We all said we'd rather watch a decent pub band.

Then we went in to see a Jam cover band to prove our point.  And they were ***** terrible.
    Quite a few years ago I saw Pink Floyd at the old Wembley stadium and the sound was spot on. 30 years later the sound is inaudible, the same pitch ticket cost 130, beer nearly 10 a pint and people with smart phones want to film the entire concert as if they can relive it in the future on a poxy 4inch screen. I took 4 photos, a 10 second video to stick on twitter, the Angus Young one being one of them, Back in Black,  the photo is more tuneful than the speakers. I wont say its my last stadium gig but its going to have to be a bit special for another one.
    You are spot on about people just wanting to say they were there, I have to admit I was one of them. Pretty much the same reason I went to see Black Sabbath a couple of years back. None of them are better than they were 20-30 years ago. They are all getting to the age where its probably be the last time to see these guys. I'm going to David Gilmour in October at the Albert Hall he's another guy in his 70's, him Nick  Masson and Roger Waters will never play together again. If you are a fan or have a passing interest if don't take the opportunities while they are there you stand to miss out and regret for a long time. I once turned down a ticket for Chuck Berry at the Fairfield Halls. He, to the best of my knowledge, never toured again. 

• Saw EXTC on Friday night at the Forge in Camden. Now a 3 piece Terry Chambers the drummer is the original drummer with XTC who left the band back in 1982 when Andy Partridge could no longer tour.
    Great set of tunes from XTC's full range of favourites some of which I have never heard live as they effectively became a studio band only post 82.
    Terry is still a quality drummer and obviously loves being back out on the road.  A good night to roll back the years
    Saw them at Leeds Rocks....they were pretty good.

• Been to watch Pink at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium and Foo Fighters at the London Stadium recently. Both excellent gigs in some ways but both absolutely shite venues for music.

Especially the Spurs stadium where it was almost impossible to get food or drink if you were in floor standing without spending half an hour in a queue (ditto toilet queue for the missus).

Will travel out of London to see a band if possible rather than visit either again. 
    The tottenham stadium is stinking dogshit as a music venue - 
  • Off to see Paul Weller at Hammersmith in November- really looking forward to it. Haven't seen him for ages...
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to see Paul Weller at Hammersmith in November- really looking forward to it. Haven't seen him for ages...
    I’m there for that one too. Had tickets for Edinburgh Castle next week and gutted I had to let them go. Would far rather go to Edinburgh than Hammersmith!! 
     Brilliant, arguably my favourite live band.
    9/10.
    Killers and Travis were superb.

Highly recommend seeing both, although looks like The Killers are going into hiatus for a fair while.

Best stage set up I've seen at the O2.

Never seen so many women at a gig either, Brandon Flowers has a big ole following.
  • Went to see Carlos Vives at the Troxy last night…what a great concert…it was like being back in Colombia. 

• Solidgone said:
    Went to see Carlos Vives at the Troxy last night…what a great concert…it was like being back in Colombia. 

I went to this one yesterday and it was practically full of Colombia football tops:
    https://www.latinolifeinthepark.com/
  • Solidgone said:
    Went to see Carlos Vives at the Troxy last night…what a great concert…it was like being back in Colombia. 

I went to this one yesterday and it was practically full of Colombia football tops:
    https://www.latinolifeinthepark.com/
    20th July is Independence day in Colombia. 
  • Got my tix sorted for Jungle - thank fook - love this band. We’re great at Glasto, but fuller set of hits at O2 will go down a treat and atmosphere should be amazing. They also know how to light up a stage! 

Killers and Travis Thursday week ago were awesome too. 
  • I saw Squirrel Flower at the Prince Albert in Brighton. Always think she is underrated. Really good gig.

Quite a few years ago I saw Pink Floyd at the old Wembley stadium and the sound was spot on. 30 years later the sound is inaudible, the same pitch ticket cost 130, beer nearly 10 a pint and people with smart phones want to film the entire concert as if they can relive it in the future on a poxy 4inch screen. I took 4 photos, a 10 second video to stick on twitter, the Angus Young one being one of them, Back in Black,  the photo is more tuneful than the speakers. I wont say its my last stadium gig but its going to have to be a bit special for another one.
    You are spot on about people just wanting to say they were there, I have to admit I was one of them. Pretty much the same reason I went to see Black Sabbath a couple of years back. None of them are better than they were 20-30 years ago. They are all getting to the age where its probably be the last time to see these guys. I'm going to David Gilmour in October at the Albert Hall he's another guy in his 70's, him Nick  Masson and Roger Waters will never play together again. If you are a fan or have a passing interest if don't take the opportunities while they are there you stand to miss out and regret for a long time. I once turned down a ticket for Chuck Berry at the Fairfield Halls. He, to the best of my knowledge, never toured again. 

I will always make an exception for Floyd, but I'm not sure that DG on his own counts.  I was lucky enough to see the Wall in 1980 at Earls Court but not old enough to have seen anything earlier.  The Albert Hall is a great venue though.  

Their sound is always exceptional, and any band that still hires their rig usually is ok, even in a stadium (pretty sure that includes Muse).

As for Waters my old man summed it up, the last time he was touring, "I'm not giving that thieving ****, ****-taking hypocrite any more of my money."
  • Was at Noel Gallagher at Alexandra Palace park Saturday night - don't actually remember too much about it - ha