Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Mesh at the Garage last night , another great set from the boys , how they are almost unknown in the uk is beyond me , they enjoy massive support in Germany Europe   
  • Options
    The Clientele at Lafayette in King's Cross last week - great show but what a lousy venue (and I've got to go back there next month).

Currls were absolutely terrific on Wednesday at Old Blue Last in Shoreditch - an incredible new band that have had a lot of play on late-night 6 Music They're going to be hard to beat this year.
  • Options
    Went to see Tom Clarke at The Brudenell last night. Superb. 
  • Options
    Actual rock royally was in my hometown last night. Iron Maiden legend Steve Harris side project, British Lion, at Leo's Red Lion in Gravesend last night.

Love his t shirt…how to teach someone to speak with an Irish accent, say those four words quickly.

Whale
    Oil 
    Beef
    Hooked 

☘️😂
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Skaalites playing at sidcup rec club tonight - gonna be good 
    Old mate/school friend plays the drums for them.
    PJ?
    PH....QPR.
  • Options
    Indoor Pets at The Grace this evening. 10 songs in and they have been excellent so far. Especially when you consider it's their first gig since 2021.
  • Options
    Just managed to get tickets for the Liam Gallagher/John Squire gig at The Troxy in March. I’m away in June during Liam’s tour, so delighted to get this as a bonus. 
  • Options
    Not a gig but Neville Staple is doing a meet and greet at Tonics in Blackfen on Feb 3rd.
    He’s had to cancel due to ill health but Rhoda Dakar will be there instead.
  • Options
    Joel Stoker tonight at the 100 Club. Singer / songwriter from The Rifles doing the full version of his solo album, addressing his personal battles with anxiety and mental health.

It's a great album, had a track 'The Valley' played on tv after the Cray game. Not sure it was quite appropriate, although the lyrics might suggest otherwise.

Support was a treat, second time seeing Turncoat Billy, their set includes a couple of songs about Sunday league that would ring true to a few on here.
  • Options
    Love the Rifles, are they still going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, they are still playing quite regularly, next up at the Kentish Town forum in May
  • Options
    Personal Trainer at the Horn in St Albans on Tuesday - seemed like a great idea before the train strikes, but was still worth the outlay for a Premier Inn afterwards. 
  • Options
    Therapy? at the O2 Institute in Brum on Friday night. Missed the London gig in December so had a 300 mile round trip on the night. Cracking set, played the entirety of their most recent album (Hard Cold Fire) plus a smattering of classics & deep cuts.
  • Options
    Celebrating 15 years since the release of Do You Like Rock Music?, (British) Sea Power were as excellent as ever at The Forum in Tunbridge Wells. They played the album in its entirety and much more.

• Options
    ACDC have announced 2 Wembley dates in July this year. Possibly the best act I’ve seen live (certainly in the top 3). Tickets on sale Friday.
  • Options
    Taking my daughter to see Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes at the Roundhouse on Thursday. Thankfully we have seats so a nice relaxing evening for me!
  • Options
    Personal Trainer at the Horn in St Albans on Tuesday - seemed like a great idea before the train strikes, but was still worth the outlay for a Premier Inn afterwards. 

Love Personal Trainer.  Genuinely amazed that anyone else knows of them.
    They're playing in April with another great band called Pom Poku supporting.  I actually only discovered PT when they supported Pom Poko a few years ago.
  • Options
    I’ve not seen Personal Trainer yet but will do at some point. I saw Beach Fossils tonight at Electric Camden. They’re a very decent band.

• Options
    ACDC have announced 2 Wembley dates in July this year. Possibly the best act I’ve seen live (certainly in the top 3). Tickets on sale Friday.
    I’ve got tickets. Never really been a big fan of them but it’s probably the the last time to see them.  My mates have always as long back as I can remember been big into them. So should be a evening out, food, beer & AC/DC with friends. 
  • Options
    Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes last night. They were ok. My daughter loved them, but I was more of a fan of the two support bands. Hot Wax and The Mysterines. Lia Metcalf the singer in the Mysterines is properly stunning. Think they supported Arctic Monkeys in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Frank Skinner tonight. 
    Pretty good. 
    Jonathan Ross & wife waiting for him at the end by reception. 
  • Options
    Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes last night. They were ok. My daughter loved them, but I was more of a fan of the two support bands. Hot Wax and The Mysterines. Lia Metcalf the singer in the Mysterines is properly stunning. Think they supported Arctic Monkeys in the summer.
    Yeah I was at that, thought Rattlesnakes were fine, this weird crooner thing they're trying to do like the Arctic Monkeys is just not for them, the harder stuff was great. The Mysterines we're good, she has an amazing voice.

I saw Idles at Brixton Electric tonight, cracking set by a great band in one of my favourite venues. 
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Also at Idles, Brixton Electric. As always, sweaty and violent. New songs quite different (Joe actually sings rather than barks on big % of the songs) so was interested in seeing how they would play out live. Was not disappointed. 

• Options
    Just home from seeing Deap Vally. Excellent show - I saw them about 8 years ago opening for Garbage. I haven’t seen them tour locally since then, they’ve been too busy having babies. 

This is there farewell tour, they are going to be in the UK later this year. I’d recommend them to anyone who likes blues a la White Stripes.  

• Options
    Saw Rhiannon Giddens at the Barbican. Really good concert - her voice is stunning and the band were really tight.

A very eclectic set - has such an impressive catalogue to choose from.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Yeah I was at that, thought Rattlesnakes were fine, this weird crooner thing they're trying to do like the Arctic Monkeys is just not for them, the harder stuff was great. The Mysterines we're good, she has an amazing voice.

I saw Idles at Brixton Electric tonight, cracking set by a great band in one of my favourite venues. 
    For me I’ve always struggled to get into any of Frank Carters post Gallows output. I think he’s a really talented guy; but with “Grey Britain” being such a powerful album anything that has come after feels a bit of a let down.

As I say, it’s not a criticism, I suppose if you hit such a high early in your career you have a really high bar to maintain.
  • Options
    edited February 24
    Another one with my Daughter last night. Between You and Me supported by Broadside at The Underworld. Hate that venue, even more so when it's sold out. It's so hot it's farcical. Daughter came away with her first pit related injury for a while. Took a hefty elbow to the ribs by some testosterone fuelled numpty 🙄
  • Options
    edited February 24
    We watched a decent film on Netflix last night called Black and Blue. A New Orleans wpc witnessing cops killing a drug lord and then trying to pin it on her.

Once you get to the incident it is quite gripping. 

• Options
    We watched a decent film on Netflix last night called Black and Blue. A Ner Orleans wpc witnessing cops killing a drug lord and then trying to pin it on her.

Was that while you were at a gig? 😂
  • Options
    We watched a decent film on Netflix last night called Black and Blue. A Ner Orleans wpc witnessing cops killing a drug lord and then trying to pin it on her.

Who was on drums ?🤓