Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Boxing Day | Match Thread

Milton Keynes Dons v Charlton Athletic
Boxing Day 2016 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Christopher Sarginson (Staffordshire)

Introduction

Seeing that this will be the last Match Preview prior to Christmas I’d like to start by wishing my CharltonLife family a Happy Christmas, here’s hoping that we all have an excellent day, where everyone gets what they want (and not those awful socks from Primark). Eat and drink loads be merry but stay safe everyone, none of us want to see any RIP threads over the next few days!!

Of course though; Christmas isn’t just about spending time with the family… First and foremost it’s about the Football that comes along on Boxing Day and despite many attempts from managers up and down the lands; the long tradition remains here in England as we make the short trip up to Buckinghamshire and a visit to Milton Keynes Dons.

The Opposition
Name: Milton Keynes | Manager: Robbie Neilson
Ground: Stadium:MK

As already mentioned; Christmas is a time to spend with family and friends so what could be a better fixture other than our new friends: Milton Keynes Dons… As a result of freak events in the FA Cup; this will our third meeting against the Dons this month alone.

It began on the opening Saturday of the month; the Addicks hosting their opponents in the initial cup tie, neither team took control yet MK Dons should have won the tie at the death; Andrew Crofts the man who made a block on the line to ensure a replay happened. That match occurred two weeks ago and after dominating for much of the game, the Addicks would leave Buckinghamshire out of the cup after a 3-1 defeat in Extra Time.

With cup distractions now out of the way we now stand a chance to recover from two awful results in the past week; defeats against Peterborough and Millwall see the Addicks floundering in midtable and three points on Boxing Day will be a much needed Christmas present for Karl Robinson and the team.

Charlton Team News
Following a 3-1 drubbing against our South London rivals; Karl Robinson confirmed that individual meetings would be happening with certain players; with no names mentioned you’d think that changes could be afoot ahead of our Boxing Day clash yet with an ever growing injury list its difficult to see what changes can be made.

Frederik Ulvestad was left on the bench on Wednesday after becoming the latest casualty yet will hopefully be back on Tuesday, if not then we could see another strong sprinkling of youth against the Dons with Joe Aribo as an option to potentially come into the starting eleven

Phillips
Foley | Bauer | Teixeira | Fox
Botaka | Crofts | Ulvestad | Lookman
Ajose | Magennis

Substitutes Bench: Mitov | Johnson | Aribo | Jackson | Konsa | Ahearne-Grant | Chicksen

Prediction
The result against Millwall saw us lose back to back in the League for the first time this season… three defeats will be a terrible December for the Addicks and with Karl Robinson needing a win you’d hope that we’ll at least end up with a point this Monday

Comments

• Options
    Chicksen to start ahead of botaka and a surprise win for the addicks. Happy xmas all
  • Options
    Operation bounce back really.
  • Options
    Too many Christmas puddings on the pitch wearing Charlton shirts. 3.1 again to the MK.
  • Options
    was meant to go to this but not bothering, got kempton the day after so would rather chuck my money at horses than pay to watch crap like that 2-0 and karl will say its because of the transfer windown in that annoying voice he owns
  • Options
    3-0 defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 - 0 MK Dons, same old sh*t contines.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter. More important things in life.
  • Options
    Common sense tells me not to even think about Charlton on Boxing day as it will only depress me.
    Having said that, many thanks in advance RM for another excellent match thread.
    3.1 MK
    Merry Xmas everybody on Charlton life
  • Options
    Quite fancy this one and might make the effort to trek up there. Our promotion push starts here and after the other night KR and the players will have something to prove, certainly the latter as the January window could end up being the life changer for some of them and now is not the time to be associated with indifferent performances if it means they are replaced and forgotten.
  • Options

Quite fancy this one and might make the effort to trek up there. Our promotion push starts here and after the other night KR and the players will have something to prove, certainly the latter as the January window could end up being the life changer for some of them and now is not the time to be associated with indifferent performances if it means they are replaced and forgotten.

Will they f*ck! Majority of them couldn't give a toss about the club. All just going through the motions! No fight no bottle!

RD's poison has filtered its way right through this once great club, including the playing staff (with the exception of the few Charlton stalwarts who are still around).

Another defeat and yet more post match drivel from KR!
  • Options
    We will really bounce back with this one I think. 2-1 to the Franchise...
  • Options
    Thanks for the preview as ever Forever and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I think this will be another loss i'm afraid, just hope we can get a few people in the new year to change our fortunes.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    We are going to this one, we dont get to many but never seen us lose, so there is a ray of hope....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are going to this one, we dont get to many but never seen us lose, so there is a ray of hope....

Whip round required to get you to The Valley for the Millwall game.
  • Options
    On the performances so far, he looks like a manager who finished below us last season. He has given the players Christmas Day off, so nothing less than 3 pts, suggests he hasn't lost the dressing room. He never had it, to lose it.
  • Options
    Such an uninspiring fixture after playing them twice already this month, and with the way we've played in the last 2 games...
  • Options
    I think we might get something here, not sure on what I base this opinion, apart from ridiculous optimism.

Failing that there is always this season default 1-1 scoreline.

Won't be going I am afraid, could never justify leaving family at Christmas and especially not for this particular shambolic incarnation of our once proud club

• Options

My prediction is stay at home with family and friends and eat drink and be merry, fuck the football.

I agree but I know i will be checking my phone regardless.

This is the game where Robinson says

"OK, back to basics"

An uninspiring but much needed 1 - 1 draw with Ajose again on the score sheet.

• Options
    I'll be watching Dartford vs Ebsfleet instead...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!