Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Boxing Day | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Can only see a loss I'm afraid.
    But i won't be betting me testicles on it
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Jackson and Crofts does not work. Why not give Aribo or Charles-Cook a go? Can only see a defeat with that team.

Agreed.
  • Options
    MK Franchise are normally 4-4-2, so why change to a 4-3-3? After all the chat on here about Fox being shite and Konsa is not a full back, why leave them exposed with a 4-3-3?

We have their manager and his assistant for the past few years. They will know them inside-out. They should know what to expect and all of their individual and collective weaknesses. They should know how to set up and play against them.
  • Options
    All these opinions...
    wait for full time ay.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

MK Franchise are normally 4-4-2, so why change to a 4-3-3? After all the chat on here about Fox being shite and Konsa is not a full back, why leave them exposed with a 4-3-3?

We have their manager and his assistant for the past few years. They will know them inside-out. They should know what to expect and all of their individual and collective weaknesses. They should know how to set up and play against them.

MK Dons are usually 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 I believe. I think Agard plays from the right with Maynard up front, Reeves probably plays as the 10 and Bowditch from the left today methinks.

I think 4-3-3 makes more sense for us inasmuch as it gives us more bodies in central midfield so we don't get overrun. Konsa and Fox providing the width in our system...yeah, agree with you there.
  • Options
    We will line up 442 big mag and Ajose up front, can't see us going 433 tbf
  • Options

We will line up 442 big mag and Ajose up front, can't see us going 433 tbf

KR has said 4-3-3
  • Options
    Fox Jackson in the first 11 just shows what. A shit squad we have
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Somewhat annoyingly starts with the players out (though to be fair he could have been asked the question and it just didn't make the video).

He also mentions Ade coming off the right I believe, which is odd, presumably means Ajose will play from the left.
    I'm gonna be honest, I understood about 65% of that. Both in terms of his accent and content.

He should take a breath as well. That was about 1m30s of a non stop sentence
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    SDAddick said:

My guess is 4-3-3 with Crofts and Freddie either side of JJ sitting, with Ajose and Lookman either side of Magennis.
    chance for redemption for the Millwall bottlers
  • Options
    Well at least the Mk Dons won't need to guess because Karl has taken the time out to explain the formation to them.

Now I'm all for decent communication but I've never seen a manager go out of his way to explain to the opposition how he's going to line the team up before the game.

Why not release this sort of footage in say minute 2?
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

That thought crossed my mind too but didn't seem to help much the last two times we played them.
  • Options
    Lets hope the players repay KR for letting them have yesterday off.
  • Options
    Karl Gobshite ... time to shake your stuff, proove your metal and stand up and be counted!

C'mon you Addicks!!!
  • Options
    No RedM again today sadly, anyone able to help out with updates will be much appreciated
  • Options
    Team have moved over to say hello to the Charlton fans.
  • Options
    JJ gives Lookie a big hug of support.

Charlton kick off with ulvestad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4s4 seconds ago
    KICK-OFF! Charlton get the action underway... COYA! #cafc
  • Options
    Magennis fouled by downing 25 free kick lost.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 39s39 seconds ago
    1' Magennis wins us a free-kick inside the opening 20 seconds. Lookman flights it into the box and MK clear it away. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Mk dons keeps boots down the middle, Bauer intercepts...no idea how rm does this.
  • Options
    Konsa did well with Bauer exposed.

Fox run goes no where.

Sound quite bright so far.
  • Options
    Free kick against lookman, 5 yards inside Mk dons half
  • Options
    They play around then to Maynard and we get cut right through and they stuff it up.

Lucky to get away with it.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 24s24 seconds ago
    4' Carruthers finds Maynard inside the box for MK Dons and the forward drags his shot wide. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 14s14 seconds ago
    6' Fox wins the Addicks a corner... #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    Fox to Ajose, to Bauer, Konsa, lookman and straight to them, lookman wins back, goes past 2 to Konsa, to JJ, few more sideways passes

Lookman seems a bit further back than expected.

Ultimately goes out for corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!