Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons v Charlton | Boxing Day | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    FA on your brilliant preview, you say we play MK on Tuesday, surely it is Monday?
  • Options
    We're not a cup team, we don't tend to do well in the Christmas and New Year fixtures. I'm staying at home to have cold meat and bubble ... expecting yet another loss.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

FA on your brilliant preview, you say we play MK on Tuesday, surely it is Monday?

Cheers for the spot... Now amended
  • Options

ross1 said:

Cheers for the spot... Now amended
    You mention Tuesday twice but have only amended one, sorry FA
  • Options
    Always go to Boxing Day games, 5 of us going, the fight back has to start somewhere?
    1-2 ajose both
  • Options
    Thanks FA for all the match previews, a very Happy Christmas to you.
    A 1-1 draw
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted .. Merry Christmas, prosperous and happy 2017 and that also goes for all jolly readers (and even the not so jolly) ((:>)

I just do not know what to think about the next game at MKD .. I can't make this one but will be at Saafend ..
    It all depends if Robinson can get a tune out of our players .. I am not gonna be too pessimistic, but so far, not so good. Let me sleep on it zzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    An awful game played by two awful teams 1-0 defeat will see us slip nearer the relegation zone.
    The scoucer will then go on every radio show possible to lie about what will happen in the January transfer market and how great Pinnochio is.
  • Options
    My concern, as always, is central midfield. We are just not going to find legs between now and then. Freddie has to be fit to start, or we have no chance. I wouldn't mind seeing Aribo brought in. Yes, it's throwing him in at the deep end a bit, but he's mobile and simply, we need that.

................Rudd
    Konsa....Bauer....Tex....Chicksen
    ..............Ulvestad....Crofts
    Botaka........Aribo........Lookman
    ...............Magennis

Mitvov, Johnson, Fox, Foley, Jackson, Hanlan, Ajose

I doubt KR will go for that, but JJ just doesn't have the legs, and Ajose just doesn't offer enough when he doesn't have the ball in the penalty area.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Christmas Day training will result in 11 fat puddings on the pitch and 7 fatter puds on the bench,

1-0 Milky Bar Dons win as we wheeze our way around the pitch with thumping great hangovers.

Ho bloody ho.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

This is a gimme. No need to do any scouting or try to work out the opposition. We have both the Franchise former manager and assistant manager from a few weeks ago. They know them inside-out. Should be a doddle putting together a game plan. I'd give the players the day off before the game, I'd be that confident. You couldn't ask for a more favourable situation. Easy away win.

You may be right if Richie Barker has added some laxative to their pre match drinks.
  • Options
    I'll go 1-1.
  • Options

A key fixture. A new dawn. Karl Gobshite talks more rubbish before Roly sacks him in January. Congo Chris puts a deposit down on a flat in Thamesmead.

You miserable old git... I think we have his nickname, well done!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @ForeverAddickted, for services above and beyond the call of duty, viz. producing previews when the team's going down the pan with the players not knowing from one month to the next who'll be taking first team training, you are hereby awarded the seasonal medal of the overcooked Brussel sprout. To put it another way, well done, it's always a pleasure to get in to the spirit of things by reading your preamble to the game.
  • Options
    think I would give Lookman a rest and play Hanlan or Aribo
  • Options
    3-1 to the Dons. Crowd of 900.
  • Options
    Can't wait after enjoying the cup game so much, so a improbable 0-1.
  • Options

3-1 to the Dons. Crowd of 900.

It's a ground that is so quiet that if someone in crowd dies they will have to be a minute's noise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MKD have the worst home record in L1. Played 11 won 1 drawn 4 lost 6. This is a banker away win :smile:

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3
  • Options

MKD have the worst home record in L1. Played 11 won 1 drawn 4 lost 6. This is a banker away win :smile:

http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3

despite that record they have already done us once there this season .. at least on 26th there will be no extra time when we can chuck in the towel
  • Options
    Tickets no longer on website... can I buy for away end on the day?
  • Options
    We'll get beat again. KR completely baffled as to what to say to the post match media. I predict a now horrible slide into a relegation battle and RD and KM's magic touch to take us into league 2 at the start of the 17/18 season.

That will be a full 20 years on from what was probably the most magical season of my life with one of the greatest moments of my life. It has to be that way because it will go to show the polar opposite that RD and KM stand for....

Merry xmas all
  • Options
    cabbles said:

We'll get beat again. KR completely baffled as to what to say to the post match media. I predict a now horrible slide into a relegation battle and RD and KM's magic touch to take us into league 2 at the start of the 17/18 season.

That will be a full 20 years on from what was probably the most magical season of my life with one of the greatest moments of my life. It has to be that way because it will go to show the polar opposite that RD and KM stand for....

Merry xmas all

Unlike previous seasons we have an advantage and what we have built up so far will help us avoid the R word. We will finish around where we are now. Can't see us pushing the play-offs. The rest of the season is going to be very up and down. But enough ups to see us safe. Shouldn't talk like this but short term is to make sure we don't go down further which I think is achievable.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Merry xmas all

Unlike previous seasons we have an advantage and what we have built up so far will help us avoid the R word. We will finish around where we are now. Can't see us pushing the play-offs. The rest of the season is going to be very up and down. But enough ups to see us safe. Shouldn't talk like this but short term is to make sure we don't go down further which I think is achievable.
    It's a tight league and this is RD and KM at the helm. They've got it in them
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Think we'll win this one. Predicted a 3-1 defeat (Robinson's a scouse git) against Millwall so I'm on a roll.
    2-0 us (Robinson's the Merseyside Messiah)
  • Options
    Over here from SA decided to skip Millwall as it seemed like a foregone conclusion and doing the family thing on Boxing Day, hoping that MK feel as stuffed as I do on Boxing Day and roll over as I enjoy my first bubble in a while.
  • Options
    Are tickets available on the day . As I'm going to surprise the wife to take her to the sales boxing day. She has always wanted to go to MK1 it just by luck charlton are playing near by . She not stupid so if you see an overweight man with two black eyes that will be me
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!