Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Okay, so lets say, just for a moment, that Watt is back and at, or close to, his best, a new leaf has been turned, and he's going to perform consistently on the pitch.

And lets assume that KR will set us up ti play 4-2-3-1.

Where does what play?

Upfront (meaning you drop Magennis)?
    No. 10?
    Narrower as one of the wide men in the 3?

Magennis Plays on the right for NI and think could do a job out there for us
  • Anyone care to do a summary for those of us not fully up to date with this thread?!

Lookman is off to Everton (Having his Medical today)
    Samir Carruthers (MK Dons) was linked but has joined Sheffield United

Jake Forster-Caskey is rumoured to be joining us on a perm deal from Brighton in the next 48-hours

We're now linked with:
    - Nathan Byrne (Wigan... RB / RM)
    - Brad Potts (Blackpool... CM)
    - Ben Reeves (MK Dons ... CM)
    Cheers FA.

Anyone know what type of midfielder Potts is?

I know Reeves is a number 10, is Potts an alternative to him or does he play a deeper role?

No rumours of wingers which im my view we will need at least 1 maybe 2 of, given lookman leaving.
    If we got Byrne he'd be used as a winger. Very good going forward and looked excellent for Swindon a couple of seasons back.
    So did Ajose
  • iamdan said:

cafc-west said:

@TraceyLeaburn has just posted again on Twitter. She is with Tony Watt!!

Glad to have Igor back.
    Mark Cavendish?
  • edited January 2017
    Mag
    Aribo Watt Holmes
    JFC Konsa
  • Jesus Fucking Crofts

that's it, no more signings needed
  • Leuth said:

Jesus Fucking Crofts

that's it, no more signings needed

I was thinking Jentucky Fried Chicken.
  • fenn3098 said:

Nice to see that he looks happy to be looking out of his Royal Arsenal 600K flat

Doubt he owns it.
  • One thing that intrigues me is that, if we sign Byrne, we'd have him and Chicksen who are arguably better going forward than defending. I'm wondering if Karl is looking to use a 5-3-2 as a back-up. We have a lot of quality at CB, Holmes/Aribo/new signing could be given a free role behind the striker, Crofts could hold, and Konsa could go box-to-box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

Gillingham have sacked Edinburgh.

Gillingham have parted company with manager Justin Edinburgh after just short of two years in the position.

Sky Sports News HQ understands chairman Paul Scally met with Edinburgh this morning following yesterday’s 1-0 home defeat to Oxford - a result which left the club 17th in Sky Bet League One.

Edinburgh was relieved of his duties along with backroom staff members David Kerslake and Wayne Hatswell.

We are expecting a statement from Scally before midday outlining the decision.

Scally was in The Plume of Feathers after the Millwall-Gillingham game, with Hessenthaler and Wise who were there to tell him what was going wrong at Gillingham. I should have put a monkey on Edinburgh being out of a job within the week.
    Why does Dennis Wise seem to have so much influence at certain clubs? What actually qualifies him?
    Gillingham have named former Forest Green Rovers boss Ady Pennock as their new head coach, after sacking Justin Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Former Gills defender Pennock, 45, will be assisted by first-team coaches Steve Lovell and Jamie Day.

Edinburgh's departure after less than two years in charge came with the club 17th in League One.

"A change was necessary to ensure the club achieves the best possible position," said chairman Paul Scally.
  • shirty5 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Gillingham have sacked Edinburgh.

Gillingham have parted company with manager Justin Edinburgh after just short of two years in the position.

Sky Sports News HQ understands chairman Paul Scally met with Edinburgh this morning following yesterday’s 1-0 home defeat to Oxford - a result which left the club 17th in Sky Bet League One.

Edinburgh was relieved of his duties along with backroom staff members David Kerslake and Wayne Hatswell.

We are expecting a statement from Scally before midday outlining the decision.

Scally was in The Plume of Feathers after the Millwall-Gillingham game, with Hessenthaler and Wise who were there to tell him what was going wrong at Gillingham. I should have put a monkey on Edinburgh being out of a job within the week.
    Why does Dennis Wise seem to have so much influence at certain clubs? What actually qualifies him?
    Gillingham have named former Forest Green Rovers boss Ady Pennock as their new head coach, after sacking Justin Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Former Gills defender Pennock, 45, will be assisted by first-team coaches Steve Lovell and Jamie Day.

Edinburgh's departure after less than two years in charge came with the club 17th in League One.

"A change was necessary to ensure the club achieves the best possible position," said chairman Paul Scally.
    Interesting... I've wanted to see Pennock manage at this sort of level since he started out with Welling - Will watch his progress with a lot of interest

Shame that Welling have lost Jamie Day again though, they'd started to really get moving when he took over
  • Jamie Day, classless man. Leaving Welling again when they are in the shit.
  • iamdan said:

Jamie Day, classless man. Leaving Welling again when they are in the shit.

Hmmm or is it a case of this being a huge chance for him to be involved in League Football seeing he's only ever been as high as the Conference before?

I'd say that its an opportunity that couldnt be turned down
  • iamdan said:

Jamie Day, classless man. Leaving Welling again when they are in the shit.

Hmmm or is it a case of this being a huge chance for him to be involved in League Football seeing he's only ever been as high as the Conference before?

I'd say that its an opportunity that couldnt be turned down
    Failed at Braintree, Forest Green and Ebbsfleet.
    Seemingly using Welling as a stop gap, unfair on them having to find new manager every time he fancies a payday.

• I've got no respect for Day anymore. Welling brought him back after 2 categorical failures and a few good results later he bales again. Shameful.
  • Please tell me Paul Scally is from Liverpool.
  • Not sure Day was under contract at Welling.
  • edited January 2017

And yet despite Goldberg's takeover; Welling are still a Part-Time team... By moving to Gillingham it means that Day now most likely has a Full-Time job in Football.

Who here would stay in a P/T role if a F/T more lucrative job opportunity came up?

Na he is scum. (DONT MEAN IT)

I take your point, unfair on Welling that's all.
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

And yet despite Goldberg's takeover; Welling are still a Part-Time team... By moving to Gillingham it means that Day now most likely has a Full-Time job in Football.

Who here would stay in a P/T role if a F/T more lucrative job opportunity came up?

Na he is scum.

Scum? He wasn't given a contract by Goldberg meaning zero security.

Maybe when you grow a set of balls and have a family to support you'll understand.

• Does anyone actually care what Jamie Day is up to? Rumours pretty please.

I like Welling so yeah I do
  • Rumour Jamie Day joining a local league 1 team as ass manager.
  • iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Na he is scum.

Maybe when you grow a set of balls and have a family to support you'll understand.

Settledown sweetheart I was joking. Hence the next line 'I take your point.'

I'll let my wife and 2 children of your kind words though.

Lucky them.
  • iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Na he is scum.

Lucky them.

Go to bed mate.
  • iamdan said:

iamdan said:

iamdan said:

Na he is scum.

Lucky them.

Go to bed mate.
    This is all a big misunderstanding. Let's leave it there. :smile:
  • Back to the thread, Jim White has a shocking exclusive that we're using 'some' of the £10m fee to sign someone, then signing another 2.