Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Leuth said:

iamdan said:

Rumour Jamie Day joining a local league 1 team as ass manager.

can we retire this abbreviation right this second
    Someone I know made it to associate partner at the accounting firm EY in some sort of banking context and was quite proud of it until all his banking mates referred to his promotion as him making ass partner.
  • Back to the thread, Jim White has a shocking exclusive that we're using 'some' of the £10m fee to sign someone, then signing another 2.

Can we retire him given that he's an ass commentator?
  • Three of JFC, Reeves, and one more (Byrne, Potts) would be very good business. Obviously, trust nothing that SSN says.

The one thing we might be missing in the midfielders we've been linked with (with the exception of Carruthers) is a box-to-box player and/or one capable of consistently breaking up play. In a 4-2-3-1 it's good to have a holding player, box-to-box player, and then the further forward in the triangle is the 10. I'm not sure that JFC fits into the btb role, he can play as a deep lying creator or a #10 from what I've seen. I haven't seen enough of Potts. I fear that a double 6 of JFC and Crofts, or perhaps JFC and Ulvestad isn't quite athletic/mobile enough, and none of the three are a true defensive midfield capable of consistently breaking up play. I hope this is making sense.

I'll try it this way, if JFC or Crofts is going to be the holding player, then we need a player with a good engine alongside them to help get up and back and break up play. Perhaps Konsa and/or Ulvestad are the answer there. Possibly Aribo as well...haven't seen enough of him to know if he's capable of playing deeper in midfield.

Curious about what others think.
  • Haven't seen anything from ulvestad that suggests he is a box to box player.

Konsa yes, aribo maybe.
  • SDAddick said:

Back to the thread, Jim White has a shocking exclusive that we're using 'some' of the £10m fee to sign someone, then signing another 2.

Can we retire him given that he's an ass commentator?
    I've read that VOTV article, we have to be nice about him!
  • Blackpool fans don't seem to rate Potts too much, 'inconsistent' blah, blah. (Blackpool Gazette)
  • Surely with all this money coming in we will sign a showstopper striker, and I don't mean Carlton Cole (who is available on a free). Come on Rolly, surprise us all.
  • Redrobo said:

Surely with all this money coming in we will sign a showstopper striker, and I don't mean Carlton Cole (who is available on a free). Come on Rolly, surprise us all.

Would take Carlton Cole all day to be fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Lookman medical and terms done. Will be confirmed today.

Source?

Source?
    Three mins ago on Sky Sports

EVERTON TRANSFER LATEST

Our man in the North West, Ben Ransom, has the latest on Everton’s proposed moves for Ademola Lookman, Memphis Day and Morgan Schneiderlin…

"Lookman travelled up for a medical yesterday - we understand that's now done and that personal terms aren't an issue. The fee being talked about is £10m though it's my understanding it will be a bit less than that. However, it's clearly a statement of intent from Everton, who we expect to be very busy this month.

"They're also being linked with Memphis Depay. Everton are interested in a loan but we understand Manchester United would prefer a permanent transfer. Nice are also tracking Depay; they're keen on a loan deal with an option to buy in the summer so watch this space.

"Everton's No 1 target remains Morgan Schneiderlin. It seems at this stage Everton is his most likely destination, even though United are holding out for closer to the £24m they paid for him."
  • Glad it is a permanent deal.
  • Before your very eyes
  • Its straightforward really. We just need to ensure that, one day, we will be able, with the youth coming through, to field an eleven all with hyphenated surnames.
  • Redrobo said:

Glad it is a permanent deal.
    Never knowingly seen him play, but I'm a bit worried that he's failed to impress at Rotherham (13 points from 25 games in the Championship).
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial · 2m2 minutes ago

CONFIRMED | Ademola Lookman has completed a move to Premier League club @Everton for an undisclosed fee --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-ademola-lookman-everton-transfer-3502539.aspx … #cafc

• Sponsored links:

• Undisclosed. Of course it is.
  • Good luck to him, except if he plays us.
  • Out the blue that.
  • Sky said 7 and a half million initially up to 10 with clauses.
  • Good luck to him, except if he plays us.

I doubt we will be drawing Everton in the 1st round of the FA cup.
    give it a year or two and we'll be ecstatic at making the 4th qualifying round

All for Roland.

close to the £8m rising to £10m rumour that was going around on Monday.
  • Sky

"LOOKMAN DEAL DONE

We said confirmation was due shortly and here it is - Charlton's Ademola Lookman joining Everton. We understand the fee is an initial £7.5m with add-ons that could take it nearer to the £10m mark."

close to the £8m rising to £10m rumour that was going around on Monday.
    c'mon, on Monday KM categorically said to us that no fee had been agreed with any club for any of our players. Are you suggesting she was lying? Shame on you.