Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:

Byrne the next one through the door by the looks of it

Sauce?
  • Laddick01 said:

Byrne the next one through the door by the looks of it

Sauce?
    Red please.
  • I would love Byrne here, quality little player
  • Hope Byrne is permanent rather than a loan.

I'd be surprised if it wasnt a Loan... He only signed for Wigan in August.
  • Hope Byrne is permanent rather than a loan.

I'd be surprised if it wasnt a Loan... He only signed for Wigan in August.
    I would too but he doesn't get much game time and it was the same at Wolves. One of those players that perhaps isn't quite good enough for the Championship but excellent in league 1.
  • Kazenga Lua Lua has been made available for loan....

Now that would be a seriously good signing.
  • edited January 2017
    Be great if it is another permanent transfer.

I still believe that one of the main mistakes by these current owners (other than constant Management changes) is the fact they rely upon a lot of loans to get us out of trouble; so far this season we've had just two (Rudd | Ulvestad) with Dasilva now joining.

Ending January with no more yet a few more perm additions will certainly help for next season whatever Division we're in because the rebuild wont be quite so high and it'll just be Aribo and Konsa that we're forced to replace
  • Sponsored links:

• Be great if it is another permanent transfer.

I still believe that one of the main mistakes by these current owners (other than constant Management changes) is the fact they rely upon a lot of loans to get us out of trouble; so far this season we've had just two (Rudd | Ulvestad) with Dasilva now joining.

Ending January with no more yet a few more perm additions will certainly help for next season whatever Division we're in because the rebuild wont be quite so high and it'll just be Aribo and Konsa that we're forced to replace

Four with Botaka and short term loans aren't allowed anymore, so naturally there will be less of them.

It depends on what division we're in. If we get promoted, then most of the players will probably want to stay (including even the likes of Konsa). If we're still in L1, we might find it hard to keep the likes of Tex (assuming he doesn't leave earlier), Bauer and Magennis.

It depends on what division we're in. If we get promoted, then most of the players will probably want to stay (including even the likes of Konsa). If we're still in L1, we might find it hard to keep the likes of Tex (assuming he doesn't leave earlier), Bauer and Magennis.
    Agree on all of that - except Bauer. Hasnt shone as much as I had assumed he would in this league. Dont get me wrong he has been ok, but not exactly at the level that would have Champ teams salivating over him.
  • edited January 2017

Be great if it is another permanent transfer.

Four. Botaka
  • https://twitter.com/TheFLZone

Dont know if this is a Titanic moment, but this account reckons a fee has been agreed for Fox.
  • Sponsored links:

• HITC sport is click bait with made up or re-hashed stories most of the time.

Doesn't mean Fox isn't being sold but doesn't mean he is either.
  • HITC sport is click bait with made up or re-hashed stories most of the time.

Doesn't mean Fox isn't being sold but doesn't mean he is either.

Cheers Geoff
  • Who cares, we'll see none of the money. The only hope is that RD is holding a mini fire sale before offloading the club.

Agree on all of that - except Bauer. Hasnt shone as much as I had assumed he would in this league. Dont get me wrong he has been ok, but not exactly at the level that would have Champ teams salivating over him.
    He's the sort of player that will attract attention though, as he has pace and can bring the ball out . He's still relatively young for a CB so should improve (and eradicate the gaffs and silly bookings)
  • Stewart said:

I just don't get it.

Really don't.

Sh!
  • Fox is a decent player going forward, gets caught out of position far too much for my liking. Reminds me of Simon Francis when he was with us so it wouldn't surprise me if he goes on to have a good career but for now I'd rather have Chicksen at left back, who, right now, is a better defender.

Is Fox decent at going forward ? He has no pace to get back once he has ventured over the halfway line so gets caught out of position. Nowhere near fast enough for the modern wing back role.

He's a plodding league one traditional full back. No problem for us as we are a plodding league one club.

I hope he goes on to do great things I really do. He is 100% effort and deserves his shot.

Do I think he will cut it at Championship level ? Sorry to say I don't.

Edit : can sometimes deliver a decent cross.

I have to say I agree with everything you've said. Your first point sums up my original one. Gets a good cross over, but isn't quick enough to get back and so gets caught of position. As you say, he's a traditional full back, not a wing back. We can do better.

Can't fault his effort at all and I don't understand some of the OTT abuse he gets.