Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• vff said:

Who's the third player in ?

Outs
    Lookman £7.5 million raising to £11m (left midfield)
    Fox £700k (left back)
    Foley (right back / central midfield water carrier cover at push)

Ins
    Da Silva Chelsea 17 year old loannee (left midfield)
    Foster Caskey (central midfield water carrier / Brighton 5th choice)

Lewis Page
  • vff said:

Outs
    Fox £700k (left back)

Ins

Lewis Page
    Left back to replace Fox. LW gone, RB gone
    Left back in, LW in, CM in

3 out, 3 in so far, hopefully there will be no more out, unless some youngsters go out on loan, but still more players needed, mind you, we still have Watt?

• vffvff
    edited January 2017

vff said:

Outs
    Fox £700k (left back)

Ins

NB http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=130658

Lewis Page, left back permanent formerly on loan at Cambridge. Loaned to Coventry City earlier this year (Left back cover for Chicksen)

Millions in and pennies spent (so far). Appears to be bargain basement shopping as per normal.

Duchatelet happy.

2 players from premiership clubs 1 from championship, what more can you expect!
    A bit of proven quality ? Rather than some hopeful punts. That would involve Duchatelet spending some money. Don't mind me, feel free to have wild optimistic expectations about these players. I hope they do well, but how many of the cheap, hopeful punts of the Duchatelet reign have been proven to be successful ? So, forgive me for reserving judgement on these players. You go ahead and think these players are going to fire Charlton into the Championship. Just don't have a go at those, who choose not to do the same. Early days on the transfer window, though eh.
  • We haven't perticularlly made massive steps this window so far. We've signed 3 people yes, but as replacements for lookman and fox with da silva potentionaly being a hit or miss. 3 decent signings but more work still needs to be done,let's just hope KR gets the backing he needs.

3 signings in 6 days isn't that bad going.

Just need to push on from here with a few more in midfield.
    Let's see who has gone come the end of the window.

My guess we will have replaced ones gone without too much strengthening, although we'll have to assess come the end of the season.
  • We haven't perticularlly made massive steps this window so far. We've signed 3 people yes, but as replacements for lookman and fox with da silva potentionaly being a hit or miss. 3 decent signings but more work still needs to be done,let's just hope KR gets the backing he needs.

3 signings in 6 days isn't that bad going.

Just need to push on from here with a few more in midfield.
    Except it's only one, two out.
  • Sponsored links:

• All this money coming in, who is going to be the big money signing. Must be a top striker.
  • sam3110 said:

Funnily enough we only sold Lookman 36 hours ago, I mean fuck me I know the world moves at a faster pace now but why are people, and society in general, so bloody impatient now?

Probably because they've seen it happen before?
  • Robinson so openly comparing Aribo to Deli Alli so soon seems a bit strange. If I had just taken charge of a team I would 'hide' my suspected best players as best as possible.
  • sam3110 said:

Funnily enough we only sold Lookman 36 hours ago, I mean fuck me I know the world moves at a faster pace now but why are people, and society in general, so bloody impatient now?

I'm not impatient Sam as long as we're in the top 6 at the end of January.
  • Robinson so openly comparing Aribo to Deli Alli so soon seems a bit strange. If I had just taken charge of a team I would 'hide' my suspected best players as best as possible.

Not if you wanted to hold onto your job for as long as possble you wouldn't :wink:
  • sam3110 said:

Seen what happen before? Us sell a player for a potential 8 figure sum, and sign 2 players by the end of the following day?

Please remind me when this last happened

They've seen disappointing transfer windows before under Roland. Every time.
    I admire your optimism. But I think it's a little naive.
  • Does seem strange Robinson publicly comparing Aribo to Deli Alli so soon. If I had taken charge of a club I would want to keep my 'best' players out of the limelight as much as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does seem strange Robinson publicly comparing Aribo to Deli Alli so soon. If I had taken charge of a club I would want to keep my 'best' players out of the limelight as much as possible.

Not if you want 8 million in the summer for him

Of course this is what a lot of managers would try to do in a normal set up but KR has to dance to his master, the Douchbbsg's tune which is, bring the yoof through on a regular basis to keep cashing in on them.
  • edited January 2017
    clb74 said:

Does seem strange Robinson publicly comparing Aribo to Deli Alli so soon. If I had taken charge of a club I would want to keep my 'best' players out of the limelight as much as possible.

Not if you want 8 million in the summer for him
    Yeah great. If I were to get that 8 million, no problem. It would help me in my job. He'll be gone in the next window, and I won't get a penny of it, I suspect.
  • ross1 said:

vff said:

Outs
    Fox £700k (left back)

Ins

Lewis Page
    Left back to replace Fox. LW gone, RB gone
    Left back in, LW in, CM in

3 out, 3 in so far, hopefully there will be no more out, unless some youngsters go out on loan, but still more players needed, mind you, we still have Watt?

What worries me is we was short in squad numbers and still will be if the out door doesn't shut right now! Need to replace Botaka aswell
  • sam3110 said:

jdmotion said:

sam3110 said:

Seen what happen before? Us sell a player for a potential 8 figure sum, and sign 2 players by the end of the following day?

It's not optimism, it's not naive, it's fact.

We sold a player for big bucks 36 hours ago, and have already got players in, and people are complaining about those signings.

Who are people expecting us to sign, Alexis Sanchez, James Rodriguez and David Alaba?!

In fact, I'd argue we have acted proactively this window so far, Dasilva announced before Lookman goes, Page before Fox and JFC before Foley, who seemed to be regarded as a central midfielder judging by us moving Chicksen to right back and putting Foley in the middle against Bristol.

So far, in the opening week of the window, the regime have done things differently to how they've gone about business beforehand, and if you can't see that, you're blinded by hatred, and will complain about anything they now do, whatever it is.
    Yes, the club has done things differently, but we are weaker than we were before Lookman suddenly got "ill", we still have a misbalanced squad, we now need cover at right-back, and we still need some creativity in the middle. More than that, Ajose and Novak have proved damp squibs so we need to hang on to Watt or we're totally reliant on Big Mac for our attacking threat. And we lose Botaks for as long as DR Congo are in the ACoN.
  • sam3110 said:

jdmotion said:

sam3110 said:

It's not optimism, it's not naive, it's fact.

We sold a player for big bucks 36 hours ago, and have already got players in, and people are complaining about those signings.

Who are people expecting us to sign, Alexis Sanchez, James Rodriguez and David Alaba?!

In fact, I'd argue we have acted proactively this window so far, Dasilva announced before Lookman goes, Page before Fox and JFC before Foley, who seemed to be regarded as a central midfielder judging by us moving Chicksen to right back and putting Foley in the middle against Bristol.

So far, in the opening week of the window, the regime have done things differently to how they've gone about business beforehand, and if you can't see that, you're blinded by hatred, and will complain about anything they now do, whatever it is.
    I'm not blinded by hatred, I'm blinded by disappointment.