Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Just watched Wigan v Nottingham Forest Grigg scored and seemed to Clap and when wave to the fans behind the goal! Looked like a goodbye, but there too!?
  • uie2 said:

Just watched Wigan v Nottingham Forest Grigg scored and seemed to Clap and when wave to the fans behind the goal! Looked like a goodbye, but there too!?

Please let it be him.
  • Redrobo said:

uie2 said:

Just watched Wigan v Nottingham Forest Grigg scored and seemed to Clap and when wave to the fans behind the goal! Looked like a goodbye, but there too!?

Please let it be him.
    Just for the song :)
  • Redrobo said:

uie2 said:

Please let it be him.
    Didn't realise he scored 20 in 40 games under KR at Mk. Interesting....
    Reeves and Grigg would be quite exciting signings. If they're the two KR is hinting at.
  • Zero chance of Will Grigg
  • Think he's hinting at Reeves
  • edited January 2017
    Still haven't sent the news story that says Grigg is leaving.
  • Who's Will Grigg?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Zero chance of Will Grigg

Yeah, I know. But we can dream.

Got to hang onto the fact that he played under Robbo, scored a lot, and is not tearing up trees at Wigan. He also knows Josh, moved for just a mil and being Wigan will not be on a fortune.

Think he is too good for us in this league though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did someone say that for Northern Ireland it's either Gregg or Magennis but not both at once?
  • Did someone say that for Northern Ireland it's either Gregg or Magennis but not both at once?

During the Euros they were both uaually on the bench. Magennis was usually the one to come on rather than Grigg.
  • Ok thanks, so they could maybe play together just haven't.
  • Apparently we have enquired about Lloyd isgrove from Southampton don't know how true !!
  • FAVADDICK said:

Apparently we have enquired about Lloyd isgrove from Southampton don't know how true !!

Not exactly free scoring (1). Is he any good?
  • edited January 2017

Ok thanks, so they could maybe play together just haven't.

Not saying they haven't ever. I expect at some point they have been on the pitch together. But from what I remember at the Euros Magennis was the one to be brought on whilst Grigg remained on the bench.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Apparently we have enquired about Lloyd isgrove from Southampton don't know how true !!

Not a bad player, did ok on loan at Barnsley last year. He's your traditional winger really... get past your man and put in a cross. Works hard for the team as well so would give Solly some extra protection.
  • Hope for his sake it's not too seriuos
  • Sponsored links:

During the Euros they were both uaually on the bench. Magennis was usually the one to come on rather than Grigg.
    Conor Washington was ahead of them during the Euros. I'm not sure Grigg even played

Conor Washington was ahead of them during the Euros. I'm not sure Grigg even played
    Yes which is what I said...

Yes which is what I said...
    But without the mention of Conor Washington!

It's interesting that Josh has now overtaken Washington as well, after his lack of goals for QPR so is ahead of rival strikers despite playing in a lower division
  • Valley11 said:

Redrobo said:

uie2 said:

Please let it be him.
    Didn't realise he scored 20 in 40 games under KR at Mk. Interesting....
    Reeves and Grigg would be quite exciting signings. If they're the two KR is hinting at.
    Where was this please?
  • vffvff
    edited January 2017
    Dempsey on a season long loan at Fleetwood. 21 year old midfielder from Huddersfield. Huddersfield reject bid. Unclear whether it is related to whether Huddersfield want the player or Duchatelet's bid was too low.

On twitter, yesterday, #cafc feed, Bradley Dack, cash bid & Jackson. Sounds like partial made up but the author claims the information as legit.
  • vff said:

Dempsey on a season long loan at Fleetwood. 21 year old midfielder from Huddersfield.

On twitter, Bradley Dack, cash bid & Jackson going. Sounds like partial made up. It's on the #cafc feed twitter yesterday (if you want to look). I'll try & post link later.

Can't see Jacko going. Or I hope not...
  • For those into the numbers Fox is the 31st departure from the club since the end of last season and the 20th senior player exit (excluding Watts departure and return).

Released at the end of last season;

Senior Squad; Fanni, Ghoochannejhad, Makienok, Motta, Moussa, Poyet, Sanogo, Yuk Sun-Young - Others; Ansah, Kelly, Moore, Obileye, Pigott, Sho Silva, Staunton, Tucudean

Released/ Sold / Out on long term loan from this close season/ pre season/ season

Senior Squad; Bergdich, Berg Gudmundsson, Cousins, Diarra, Dmitrovic, Foley, Fox, Harriott, Henderson, Lookman, Pope, Vetokele - Others; Cebellos Holmes- Dennis, Sarr,

Lewis Page I assume is to go straight into the senior squad and be its 15th "external" addition this season as per;

Ajose, Botaka, Chicksen, Crofts, Dasilva, Foley, Forster- Caskey, Holmes, Magennis, Novak, Page, Pearce, Rudd, Ulvestad, Watt*

From team selections and comments made 5 have effectively now more or less permanently graduated from the development squad;

Aribo, Hanlan, Konsa, Mitov, Phillips

The following 4 were retained;

Bauer, Jackson, Lennon, Solly, with I suggest Johnson & Texiera being kept by default.

*Watt is an anomaly having appeared to have left "permanently" on loan because no one wanted him "permanently" he has now returned as a new addition to the squad for this season. (Btw - I wish him a speedy and sustained return to form.)

Ba appears to permanently be "persona non grata"

I have discounted Kashki as having been out due to serious long term injury he was only minimally part of last seasons squad

With KR apparently suggesting 2 more acquisitions planned for the senior squad - 70-75% will be "new entrants".

Including the 4 loans 9 will be out of contract at the end of the season.

I estimate with 2 more signings this regime will have employed circa 127 players in 37 months. I am happy to be corrected.

It equates to a new recruit every 9 days or an average of 3.4 players per month

Since season 2005/6 season I estimate the club will have employed circa 280 players.

In 8 seasons before this regime that means the club recruited circa 153 players or an average of 1.30 players per month.

It suggests this regime is generating at least two & half times that level of player recruitment.

I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

I have alteady drawn mine thank you.

280 players in three years. Complete and utter shambles and the evidence just confirms what we already knew.

Amazing litany of ineptitude that makes Billy Smart's circus look like Champions League contenders .