Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Sky

"LOOKMAN DEAL DONE

We said confirmation was due shortly and here it is - Charlton's Ademola Lookman joining Everton. We understand the fee is an initial £7.5m with add-ons that could take it nearer to the £10m mark."

Bring on the flood of signings :smiley:
  • Sky said 7 and a half million initially up to 10 with clauses.

close to the £8m rising to £10m rumour that was going around on Monday.
    c'mon, on Monday KM categorically said to us that no fee had been agreed with any club for any of our players. Are you suggesting she was lying? Shame on you.
    Solly
  • Undisclosed. Of course it is.

As it should be. Start of the transfer window and it does us no favours having MK Dons and the like knowing how much Roland has we have burning a hole in our pocket.
  • edited January 2017

Undisclosed. Of course it is.

As it should be. Start of the transfer window and it does us no favours having MK Dons and the like knowing how much Roland has burning a hole in our pocket his loafers.
  • Undisclosed. Of course it is.

As it should be. Start of the transfer window and it does us no favours having MK Dons and the like knowing how much Roland has we have burning a hole in our pocket.
    If only MK Dons could watch Sky and see the figure given as £7.5m

If only they knew any agents in the game who would be able to tell them the whole deal in detail.
  • at least now Lookman has gone we can expect a spending frenzy in SE7

There are some new bean bags being placed in the NW corner to replace the sofa as we speak.

I'd heard there was a new Sainsbury's...

Hopefully it was this reason for the lack of activity and means we can now bring in JFC
  • Sponsored links:

Gold plated hand dryers for the East stand

Gold plated vol au vents for the Directors Box
    Good call Killer... Someone should pass across the idea to that other Group

Hopefully it was this reason for the lack of activity and means we can now bring in JFC
    Never knowingly seen him play, but I'm a bit worried that he's failed to impress at Rotherham (13 points from 25 games in the Championship).

The lure of 20 chips may be too much for some boycotters to resist.

or those pesky locks on the toilet doors may now get repaired
  • cfgs said:

shirty5 said:

Valley11 said:

Is this supposedly a loan or permanent deal? Hopefully the latter although it would be typical of this lot if we sold Lookman and Fox for millions and only brought in players on temporary deals.

Did we expect anything else?
    I would see sales replaced by loans as a hint the idiot might be selling and passing the long term rebuilding costs onto whomever comes next. (Hopefully)
    Woul
    DOC64 said:

Redhenry said:

Do we not think they will be trying to get Watt off the books this month? Surely a championship team would take a punt for 6 months? I'd like to see him stay but I think they'll have him out the door if poss

He flopped at Hearts. I'd be surprised if a Champ club takes him.
    Surely a team like Rotherham would think he is worth a punt......
    Could you imagine an on fire Tony Watt, in Rotherham?.....

I personally don't think Watt will have any problem getting a Championship gig. Every manager will like to think they're the one to turn him around and get him firing, and if they do they have a Prem player. Rotherham, Wigan etc would surely take a

jdmotion said:

at least now Lookman has gone we can expect a spending frenzy in SE7

Never knowingly seen him play, but I'm a bit worried that he's failed to impress at Rotherham (13 points from 25 games in the Championship).
    Well atleast it's something else to worry about, and maybe in the future something else to moan about...
  • “Our intention was not to sell Ademola, we are very sad to see him go and our long-term ambition is that we get ourselves into a position where our talented young players, even when there is interest from Premier League clubs, want to stay with us.”

Note the disingenuous inference from Meire that the transfer was driven by the player, rather than Duchatelet's rapacious attitude to selling young talent.

If you really want to get us into such a position, Katrien - which you plainly do not - you could start by resigning and encouraging your boss to sell up, given the continuing shrinkage of the club and your and Roland's lamentable performance over the last three years. Why don't you both just bugger off.
  • 'Our' long term ambition does not exist, they have perception of ambition at all.

She has the long time aim of sticking her fingers in her ears and going lalalala to the crumbling world around her thats all, nothing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good money for Lookman IMHO.
    Let's hope a good chunk is spent on players....KR wants.
  • Always knew the two would happen at the same time...

Its how they work, first they kick you in the nuts... then they come make it better again!!
  • Let's hope we sign a new sofa too .
  • £7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.
  • IF (& I emphasize the IF) Robinson is allowed to buy the 3 or 4 attacking players he wants, I have to say that 7.5m upfront for Lookman rising to 10m is good business
  • IF (& I emphasize the IF) Robinson is allowed to buy the 3 or 4 attacking players he wants, I have to say that 7.5m upfront for Lookman rising to 10m is good business

and if he isn't KR should walk.

and if he isn't KR should walk.
    should but wont
  • £7.5m upfront. Now we'll really see where the money is going. First significant transfer under the Duchatelet regime after Liverpool mugged them off with Gomez. No excuses now, if we already had a 'top six budget' then what do we have now Katrien? Robinson must be given a sizable chunk of this to spend as this squad is not good enough to achieve promotion.

I think we know where it'll go ... to pay some of the debt to Staprix