Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

The love in for Igor is strange, he was brilliant for a month and has been poor for the next 2 years. Sounds to me like he's permantly crooked which is sad, no goals in Belguim tells its own story.

Permanently crocked because our ownership forced him to play injured.
    Exactly, so Igor or Watt is a no brainer?
    Well they're both unfit.
    Watt should way more fit by now?
    Watt should have been way more fit when he came back in the first place - hardly like he has has been at home wcthing Netflix all day every day for the first half pf the season. He's has been on loan at a professional football club after all.
    Yes, but he should be reasonably fit by now. Although the match against Scunthorpe would have helped, as training never replicates match practice.
    As I know from my marvellous three seasons in the London (un)Friendly League.
  • Watt is a naturally unfit footballer. I think he'll have this problem throughout his career to be honest, not all down to hard work.
  • https://t.co/YYRne4kKgm

Ba still with us.

Spin from club about him turning down a settlement IMHO.

Will provoke "greedy bastard can feck off" responses when in reality it's yet another bad signing from Driesen and Meire that they can't move on.

Dont blame him in this case. would do a job for us, but the club would rather screw him over to get him to leave.
  • I love the way the picture shows the team walking away from him. Nicely done!

If you were a half decent player would you be happy to sit and play with the kids? Or would you take the settlement and sign for someone on a Bosman and kick start your career. The fact he is content to sit back and get paid to not play tells me a lot about him as a person. By the age of 23 he should have a lot more than 50 appearances under his belt and this, I suspect, is part of the reason the manager(s) don't rate him.

Ba still with us.

Will provoke "greedy bastard can feck off" responses when in reality it's yet another bad signing from Driesen and Meire that they can't move on.

Greedy bastard... Would have been more than what any of us earn no doubt and the player would have been free to find a club where he can actually play football and be paid for doing that!!
  • edited January 2017
    How many players have we paid off since Roland has taken over?

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey
  • Sponsored links:

• How many players have we paid off since Roland has taken over?

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey

We agreed to cancel Diarra's contract because he wanted to go back to France, highly doubt that involved us paying him anything. Although having said that if KM was involved in the negotiation we may well have done!

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey

We agreed to cancel Diarra's contract because he wanted to go back to France, highly doubt that involved us paying him anything. Although having said that if KM was involved in the negotiation we may well have done!
    No, he told Katrien he was retiring, then turned up in France.

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey

we actually sold Lepoint. Didn't we pay off Polish Pete?

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey

we actually sold Lepoint. Didn't we pay off Polish Pete?
    Yup... http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-piotr-parzyszek-contract-terminated-2936514.aspx
  • edited January 2017
    We would probably have paid RoJo off if it wasnt for injuries to Lennon and Pearce
  • sam3110 said:

We would probably have paid RoJo off if it wasnt for injuries to Lennon and Pearce

No idea how he's still here.
  • sam3110 said:

No idea how he's still here.
    Because unlike the likes of Ba and PP, his issues weren't related to his football suitability. While not a desirable option, he's perfectly capable of doing a job for us in L1

• Sponsored links:

• When is our Marquee signing coming in?
  • dickplumb said:

When is our Marquee signing coming in?

We rely on you, @Redhenry and @DrKish for such info

My guess would be when we've moved Ajose and/or Ba on

Ba still with us.

Dont blame him in this case. would do a job for us, but the club would rather screw him over to get him to leave.
    ROFLMAO
    What? Are you his agent?
    You have seen his appearances for Charlton?
    Which job could he do? Ball boy? Water boy? Kit man?
    I agree it ain't entirely his fault he got recruited to a post for which he is unequipped. That his current employer is tied in to paying him many multiples of his worth and for years to come, must be very pleasing indeed.
    However if he has any ambition to a career in professional football, then he needs to be playing, frankly anywhere at any level, just to be in the shop window. Next week he's in limbo again wasting another 6 months.
    The fact that Roly is p!ss!ng wheelbarrows of cash down this particular drain raises conflicting emotions but most of all I hope Charlton hasn't fallen to a level at which even Ba might be serviceable before his megabucks contract runs out.
    But of course I'm just another unintelligent activist without de cloob's interests at heart.

Lepoint
    Tucheaden
    Diarra
    Bikey

Pretty sure we paid off Bergdych as well
  • Marquee signing yeeeeee
  • edited January 2017
    Thank fuck! I was despairing of our marquee signing...