Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• People have to leave the building? Why? has Roland not made enough money this window already?

Farcical, made over 11mill and we need more out? Roland's selling up lads, I tell you.
  • edited January 2017

This is the final straw. I've kept quiet all through this window as I've started to like KR and thought I'd give him a chance......but he's shown he is just like the others - a yes man.

You may not rate Ajose but you don't score 25 goals in a a season without having something about you, but we are willing to off-load him after just half a bloody season. Also, who is it that KR rates above him - Lookman has left, KAG is out on loan, Magennis & Novak are injured, so that leaves us TWWW & Aribo !!!

it gets worse every season
    When did Ahearne-Grant go out on loan? - Do you not mean Hanlan?
  • This is the final straw. I've kept quiet all through this window as I've started to like KR and thought I'd give him a chance......but he's shown he is just like the others - a yes man.

You may not rate Ajose but you don't score 25 goals in a a season without having something about you, but we are willing to off-load him after just half a bloody season. Also, who is it that KR rates above him - Lookman has left, KAG is out on loan, Magennis & Novak are injured, so that leaves us TWWW & Aribo !!!

it gets worse every season
    With Aribo being a midfielder.

Think KR said Novak is fit again.
  • edited January 2017
    Scoham said:

We should be having Watt and Igor back because we ain't getting a marquee signing.

This - I don't think we are too far off having a side that could put the necessary run together, but it needs a bit of a punt by the owner. The wages issue has been caused by poor managemnet - I love JJ but it was ridiculous offering him a contract extension, Ba is perfectly entitled to stay under the terms of the contract he was given! They are incompetent and my expectations of this window were low so I can't really be disapointed!

The thing I know is that this league is poor - to put a run together we could easily do it with 2 or 3 signings of the right quality. Those are signings identified by the manager and funded by a very small part of the Lookman money! The owner has to go - it isn't about the money he spends- but the clueless way he spends it! He listens to the wrong people and creates a mess! Every windowis a missed opportunity! There is still time to sort this one out, but expereince says they won't!
    Ba hasn't worked out but Lookman has! This is how it works when clubs speculate on young players hoping that their value will increase
    Huge difference between speculating on Ba compared to Lookman.

Ba was in his early 20s but barely had any first team experience. Likely we paid a 6 figure fee, gave him a good wage (for us) on what we know was a 3 year contract.

It may be worth gambling on the odd player like Ba but that summer every signing was very similar. Fairly young with little first team experience and/or no experience of English football.

Lookman came in on a scholarship at 16, no doubt initially earning very little. Bringing in players at that age isn't much of a risk. When Ba signed by bringing in so many players with similar backgrounds we took a bigger risk than we should have done which led to relegation.

On players contracts being terminated and them signing for another club that's how it usually works. I'm not sure it's a trick, in many cases the club probably knows they've got a move lined up and that's why they agree to end their contract.
    That's fair enough (terminating a contract) but paying it up in full and then them signing for someone else and getting paid double is not acceptable. Diarra had the whole of his last year paid up and I've read that Ba is only willing to leave if we do the same, I.e.give him 18 months money in one hit so that he can end up being paid twice - all be it that his new club will never pay him as much as we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

We should be having Watt and Igor back because we ain't getting a marquee signing.

This - I don't think we are too far off having a side that could put the necessary run together, but it needs a bit of a punt by the owner. The wages issue has been caused by poor managemnet - I love JJ but it was ridiculous offering him a contract extension, Ba is perfectly entitled to stay under the terms of the contract he was given! They are incompetent and my expectations of this window were low so I can't really be disapointed!

The thing I know is that this league is poor - to put a run together we could easily do it with 2 or 3 signings of the right quality. Those are signings identified by the manager and funded by a very small part of the Lookman money! The owner has to go - it isn't about the money he spends- but the clueless way he spends it! He listens to the wrong people and creates a mess! Every windowis a missed opportunity! There is still time to sort this one out, but expereince says they won't!
    Ba hasn't worked out but Lookman has! This is how it works when clubs speculate on young players hoping that their value will increase

Ba was in his early 20s but barely had any first team experience. Likely we paid a 6 figure fee, gave him a good wage (for us) on what we know was a 3 year contract.

It may be worth gambling on the odd player like Ba but that summer every signing was very similar. Fairly young with little first team experience and/or no experience of English football.

Lookman came in on a scholarship at 16, no doubt initially earning very little. Bringing in players at that age isn't much of a risk. When Ba signed by bringing in so many players with similar backgrounds we took a bigger risk than we should have done which led to relegation.

On players contracts being terminated and them signing for another club that's how it usually works. I'm not sure it's a trick, in many cases the club probably knows they've got a move lined up and that's why they agree to end their contract.
    That's fair enough (terminating a contract) but paying it up in full and then them signing for someone else and getting paid double is not acceptable. Diarra had the whole of his last year paid up and I've read that Ba is only willing to leave if we do the same, I.e.give him 18 months money in one hit so that he can end up being paid twice - all be it that his new club will never pay him as much as we do.
    If only we had someone at the club who used to work in the legal sector who may have heard of such things as non-compete clauses when ending a contract.
  • Not sure if been mentioned already but Kennedy on trial at Jena. What is the 4th division in Germany like?
  • Not sure if been mentioned already but Kennedy on trial at Jena. What is the 4th division in Germany like?

Conference?

Conference?
    Didn't think their lower leagues were particularly strong?
  • Listening to KR today it's fairly clear there is unlikely to be anyone coming in. He refers to a top signing but also over inflated prices. RD only does cheap so they'll be no one IMHO, but sounds like a few maybe going out.
  • Hmmm. Which Hollywood film comes to mind here ?

Lost in Translation ?

Groundhog Day ?

Or could it be the newest blockbuster Ga Ga Land ?

• I think the club have concluded - logically, I think - that we have no realistic chance of getting promoted via the play-offs to his season. The result is that Duchatelet will be keeping the kitty firmly under look and key.

The problem, of course, is that we started the season with an anaemic squad and, with various departures in May/June, we'll be faced with another major rebuilding job.

It is, most certainly, not the way to build a successful team or club.
  • Scoham said:

Really that's just because the chief executive is a fool, isn't it? As is the fact that the unsuitable Ba has a three-year contract and much more.

I'm not sure why the player should offset the cost of RD's determination to have the club under the control of someone with no experience or aptitude for the role.
    This is the point, and it should be in 6' flashing letters above Katrien's head.
  • I watched Moneyball last week. Blimey so many similarities. It really makes you think RD watched it with Drisen and said: 'let's buy a club in England and have a go at this. It's the future.'
  • Sponsored links:

• At least Red Bull won't be coming in & destroying the club :smile:
  • At least Red Bull won't be coming in & destroying the club :smile:

Maybe only because Roland will initiate a scorched earth policy to rival the German retreat to the Hindenburg Line, meaning there'll be nothing left to destroy.
  • cafc-west said:

From the, ever reliable(!), Football rumours site:
    Karl Robinson wants to bring Patrick Bamford to Charlton, On a one month loan deal while Josh Maginess is out injured. Bamford has said that he would love to link up with his former MK Dons manager. Possibly already on here somewhere - but can't trawl through it all. Probably rubbish anyway.

Former Championship Player of the Year. Would be a good loan signing while Magennis is away.
  • This is depressing, seriously keep checking this more in hope. if we don't sign anyone zero chance of playoffs, i would love to be wrong.
  • Bamford in on loan, what utter dross
  • Ruben Bover Izquierdo ( remember him!) left New York now ar Barnet!