Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• cfgs said:

Probably been mentioned elsewhere on here but Joe Pigott has joined Maidstone on loan from Cambridge Utd.

Sad, but he's sliding down the ladder...weird how someone who we gave a decent contract to while in the Championship can't even make it in L2.
    Was it him that comes from a wealthy family so doesn't have to go the extra mile to make it in football?
    Bloody hell its football not Formula One. How does his background affect his ability to kick a ball?
    Bloody hell, @DamoNorthStand, where did @harveys gardener (great nickname by the way) question his ability? The question mark was over his desire and commitment, both of which can be affected by his background..
    I don't think it is fair to say desire and commitment is affected by how wealthy / stable your parents are. You could have a kid from a council estate who can't be arsed but is actually pretty good and wastes his ability. Likewise you can have a child from a wealthy family who works his arse off but just isn't good enough.
    I didn't say it IS affected by such factors, only that it CAN BE.

I find it best to read what someone's written, not what I think they've written, before I comment.
  • Sage said:

Not a rumour at all, but someone who I would like to see us try to sign is James Vaughan. Scores loads for a Bury side who are struggling big time, be a good signing in League One.

That can't be the exPalace/Huddersfield striker, is it? Must be about 40
  • CAFCsayer said:

Sage said:

Not a rumour at all, but someone who I would like to see us try to sign is James Vaughan. Scores loads for a Bury side who are struggling big time, be a good signing in League One.

Ex-Everton
  • CAFCsayer said:

Sage said:

It is, just checked, only 28 as well.
  • cfgs said:

Probably been mentioned elsewhere on here but Joe Pigott has joined Maidstone on loan from Cambridge Utd.

Sad, but he's sliding down the ladder...weird how someone who we gave a decent contract to while in the Championship can't even make it in L2.
    Was it him that comes from a wealthy family so doesn't have to go the extra mile to make it in football?
    Bloody hell its football not Formula One. How does his background affect his ability to kick a ball?
    Bloody hell, @DamoNorthStand, where did @harveys gardener (great nickname by the way) question his ability? The question mark was over his desire and commitment, both of which can be affected by his background..
    I don't think it is fair to say desire and commitment is affected by how wealthy / stable your parents are. You could have a kid from a council estate who can't be arsed but is actually pretty good and wastes his ability. Likewise you can have a child from a wealthy family who works his arse off but just isn't good enough.
    I didn't say it IS affected by such factors, only that it CAN BE.

I find it best to read what someone's written, not what I think they've written, before I comment.
    Where's the fun in that?
  • Sage said:

Not a long term for me as on his way down. Short term maybe able to do a job, but probably not in our set up under Robbo
  • Would be interesting if it was true! But it's rubbish!
  • I don't blame Roland. Have you tried scraping Creme Patiserie out of the gaps in gaffer tape. The chef needs to be more careful.
  • People actually think that account is real? Whoever runs it is a WUM, pretty sure his image is one of the first search results when you search 'man in suit', or at least it was. Also disappointed no one is yet to pick up on his shocking use of 'Belgian'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Not a long term for me as on his way down. Short term maybe able to do a job, but probably not in our set up under Robbo
    Maybe so, but this is the first time he has played below the Championship and is scoring goals for fun in a poor side. Believe it's 16 in 21.

He has played wide in the past and able to play as a lone striker. So I think he would be okay in the system Robinson likes. But I do agree, he wouldn't be a long term solution.

Just feel he could do a job of maybe scoring the goals we need to reach the play-offs and maybe do a job for us for a season in the Championship if we were to get there.

Plenty of other players out there of course, just think he's wasted at the moment at Bury, where he could be at a better team who are more ambitious. As said, not a rumour, just someone who I think could come in a score a few between now and the end of the season.
  • Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Maybe so, but this is the first time he has played below the Championship and is scoring goals for fun in a poor side. Believe it's 16 in 21.

He has played wide in the past and able to play as a lone striker. So I think he would be okay in the system Robinson likes. But I do agree, he wouldn't be a long term solution.

Just feel he could do a job of maybe scoring the goals we need to reach the play-offs and maybe do a job for us for a season in the Championship if we were to get there.

Plenty of other players out there of course, just think he's wasted at the moment at Bury, where he could be at a better team who are more ambitious. As said, not a rumour, just someone who I think could come in a score a few between now and the end of the season.
    You are, of course, assuming that we are not going to be stuck in this god forsaken division for a more than a season or two. I'm not convinced we (RD and KM) have the ambition to get us promoted.
  • Scoham said:

We should be having Watt and Igor back because we ain't getting a marquee signing.

This - I don't think we are too far off having a side that could put the necessary run together, but it needs a bit of a punt by the owner. The wages issue has been caused by poor managemnet - I love JJ but it was ridiculous offering him a contract extension, Ba is perfectly entitled to stay under the terms of the contract he was given! They are incompetent and my expectations of this window were low so I can't really be disapointed!

The thing I know is that this league is poor - to put a run together we could easily do it with 2 or 3 signings of the right quality. Those are signings identified by the manager and funded by a very small part of the Lookman money! The owner has to go - it isn't about the money he spends- but the clueless way he spends it! He listens to the wrong people and creates a mess! Every windowis a missed opportunity! There is still time to sort this one out, but expereince says they won't!
    Ba hasn't worked out but Lookman has! This is how it works when clubs speculate on young players hoping that their value will increase
    Huge difference between speculating on Ba compared to Lookman.

Ba was in his early 20s but barely had any first team experience. Likely we paid a 6 figure fee, gave him a good wage (for us) on what we know was a 3 year contract.

It may be worth gambling on the odd player like Ba but that summer every signing was very similar. Fairly young with little first team experience and/or no experience of English football.

Lookman came in on a scholarship at 16, no doubt initially earning very little. Bringing in players at that age isn't much of a risk. When Ba signed by bringing in so many players with similar backgrounds we took a bigger risk than we should have done which led to relegation.

On players contracts being terminated and them signing for another club that's how it usually works. I'm not sure it's a trick, in many cases the club probably knows they've got a move lined up and that's why they agree to end their contract.
    That's fair enough (terminating a contract) but paying it up in full and then them signing for someone else and getting paid double is not acceptable. Diarra had the whole of his last year paid up and I've read that Ba is only willing to leave if we do the same, I.e.give him 18 months money in one hit so that he can end up being paid twice - all be it that his new club will never pay him as much as we do.
    Really that's just because the chief executive is a fool, isn't it? As is the fact that the unsuitable Ba has a three-year contract and much more.

I'm not sure why the player should offset the cost of RD's determination to have the club under the control of someone with no experience or aptitude for the role.
    To be honest I think you answered a question that I didn't ask there. I never said that KM hadn't messed up with his contract, just that RD can afford to make him stay until it finishes which, I assume, the player doesn't want.

So if we are willing to let him leave and, actually, play first team football, and ensure that he doesn't end up earning less that doesn't justify us paying him the equalivent of eighteen months money in one hit so that he can go on to earn even more when we can control, to a degree, where he goes so that we can get someone to pay him as much of what we are committed to as possible.

Just because KM messed up with signing him doesn't mean that it makes sense to pay him off and waste even more money.
  • Grimsby have rejected £850k for Bogle. C'mon Karl offload Ajose and offer them £1m.
  • Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Yup, could go along with everything you say and admit to not knowing the guy, it would depend a lot on price andI just suspect that this sort of player/price is exactly what I think Robbo is talking about.

I think Bogle is a better option.
  • Rejected from Rotherham. Leeds and another Champ club also rumoured to be keen. Won't be coming to us.
  • Grimsby have rejected £850k for Bogle. C'mon Karl offload Ajose and offer them £1m.

Rejected from us?

The last forward we signed from Grimsby wasn't too bad was he?
    Rejected from Rotherham I believe.

Bogle would be a great signing for us, no doubt. But right now there's not a chance of us signing him, even if we offload Ajose.
  • I've heard a very strong Rumour that Roland has been reading this thread over the last few hours and has decided to grant the fans request by buying Bogle.

For those of us who dont want to go to the Valley for a dance, we can now also play board games.

Your welcome said Roland
  • I've heard a very strong Rumour that Roland has been reading this thread over the last few hours and has decided to grant the fans request by buying Bogle.

For those of us who dont want to go to the Valley for a dance, we can now also play board games.

Your welcome said Roland

I hate that game... every bloody Christmas... its like an even shutter version of scrabble!
  • Sponsored links:

• Real rumour alert

7m
    Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
    Second club in for young Arsenal striker Mavadidi on loan ... Charlton.

Nixon is a Sun Journalist so a decent source. Had previously said MKDons in for him.

Would mean 6 loans when only 5 allowed in squad but Ulvested seems out of favour

• Bogle is the sort of player we should be buying and we would be a big step up for him. A bit of a punt for a Championship club and I would be surprised if Leeds were in for him.
  • http://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/stephy-mavididi

Big, scores goals at U21 level, can play as a loan striker, untested in league football, still only 18
  • Scoham said:

Obligatory YouTube video

https://youtu.be/svhzvpHJ_2w

He doesn't look quite as good as Izale McLeod's or Botaka's you tube.
  • Signing players like Mavadidi and DaSilva won't get us promoted.
  • "You can't win anything with kids".
  • An ex Premier league striker could be joining.
  • I thought KR said he was looking for players for the future, loan players do not fit that roll unless we buy them at the end of their loan
  • dickplumb said:

An ex Premier league striker could be joining.

Where you heard this from ??