Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

An ex Premier league striker could be joining.

Please tell me it's not for a 2nd spell?
  • Adebeyor is looking for a new club ;-)
  • dickplumb said:

Agbonlahor on loan was a rumour I heard during the week but I can't see it.
  • dickplumb said:

Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya etc
  • ross1 said:

I thought KR said he was looking for players for the future, loan players do not fit that roll unless we buy them at the end of their loan

He's might well be.. But if he thinks chance of playoffs what's wrong with an experienced striker, if he thinks will get us there?.
    He would be wrong if he tried nothing..
  • dickplumb said:

Kanu.
  • dickplumb said:

Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya etc
    Surely he has been banned for a year or life or whatever KR demanded last year? ;)
  • dickplumb said:

Yeah. I'd hate Darren Bent back.

• Knowing our luck it'll be Carlton Cole.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

As long as it isn't Marcus!
  • Rickie Lambert Maybe?
  • dickplumb said:

As long as it isn't Marcus!
    Is that 'my Hammy's just gone again because I'm having a crap game' Marcus?
  • Knowing our luck it'll be Carlton Cole.

Linked with Notts County. Could actually see that.

Unfortunately
  • edited January 2017
    James Vaughan is ex Premier League, youngest ever goalscorer when he was at Everton... ;)

Na, whoever it is, I hope they're not nearing the end of their career and have certain qualities that will really strengthen us.
  • Robbie Keane's looking for a club I think
  • Didn't Robinson say he wants someone that can be around for the future ? Seems to rule out these old hands.

Unless he's lying of course.
  • Don't have a problem with an old head to help the kids.

Depends on the deal and the player of course.

Would make the talk of youngest team blah blah blah look silly but as I've said don't care about his talking, just his results.
  • edited January 2017

Didn't Robinson say he wants someone that can be around for the future ? Seems to rule out these old hands.

Unless he's lying of course.

He could be talking about his future at the club, with these owners anything that can be referred to in months is longterm.
  • Don't have a problem with an old head to help the kids.

Depends on the deal and the player of course.

Would make the talk of youngest team blah blah blah look silly but as I've said don't care about his talking, just his results.

Quite agree. I think a quality old head could be a very good thing. Look at what Jermaine Defoe and Kevin Phillips had to offer at the sunset of their respective careers. I doubt were looking at that end of the quality spectrum though.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Carlton Cole was my first thought. I'd take Lambert, Yann or Keane though I think.
  • Can't see it being Keane, but boy he would be fantastic in that number 10 role in this division.

I think he would go to a Championship team though. Still, interesting to see who we manage to get in, if anyone.
  • edited January 2017
    Big target man....shola ameobi?
    ;-)
  • What's Heskey up to?
  • Yakubu. Ffs not what we need
  • aint Yakubu about 48 now?
  • edited January 2017
    Rickie Lambert? Wasn't in the Cardiff squad yesterday, had a bad leg injury in October not sure he's back playing though.
  • edited January 2017
    If this guy from arsenal coming in on loan does that mean ulvestad going back
  • Krystian Bielik being linked with us supposedly. Reported in Poland.. Says defender and CDM but more of as CDM/CM... http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-nozna/662425/krystian-bielik-moze-zmienic-klub-polak-ma-oferte
  • edited January 2017

If this guy from arsenal coming in on loan does that mean ulvestad going back

Could well do isn't the allowance five? Rudd, Botaka, DaSilva, Byrne and Ulvested at the moment.