Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• barstool said:

Pearce is out for the season, we won't be seeing him again this term. So a loan to cover this would be good

He replied to someone on twitter hopes to be back late February /early March.
    That was me. But then someone said he had an operation yesterday (perhaps Pearce wasn't expecting that). If that's true, then we'll be lucky to see him again this season.
  • JamesSeed said:

barstool said:

Pearce is out for the season, we won't be seeing him again this term. So a loan to cover this would be good

He replied to someone on twitter hopes to be back late February /early March.
    That was me. But then someone said he had an operation yesterday (perhaps Pearce wasn't expecting that). If that's true, then we'll be lucky to see him again this season.
    He said he came round from his "procedure" and found out the Bolton result.
  • When is Kashi due back?

• Thanks all.

At the Hastings Valley Express fans meeting (2nd January), Katrien said that Kashi would not feature again this season, and was recovering in Qatar ("his choice")

Courtesy of @LargeAddick

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/75512/any-news-on-kashi/p2
  • edited January 2017
    Ben18 said:

Thanks all.

At the Hastings Valley Express fans meeting (2nd January), Katrien said that Kashi would not feature again this season, and was recovering in Qatar ("his choice")

Courtesy of @LargeAddick

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/75512/any-news-on-kashi/p2
    Perhaps that's where she's gone to check on his progress as no one's seen or heard from her for a little while. :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• The love in for Igor is strange, he was brilliant for a month and has been poor for the next 2 years. Sounds to me like he's permantly crooked which is sad, no goals in Belguim tells its own story.

Ben18 said:

I had a dream we sold KAG to Palace for £1.5m. Watch this space.

I think KAG will come good. He has shown glimpses
  • Dr Kish (normally a reliable source of information) seems to think we have a busy couple of days left with comings and goings...linky thing here.
  • cafc-west said:

Dr Kish (normally a reliable source of information) seems to think we have a busy couple of days left with comings and goings...linky thing here.

Bielik in - Tex out ?

No knowledge but now Tex is fit and playing he's far easier to shift and we already know that the club want his wages off the books.

• I'd take Agard all day long
  • edited January 2017
    According to Cawley, Bradford want Ajose, surely we wouldn't let him go to our rivals.
    https://t.co/VMQ57K7jwM
  • cabbles
    January 26
    After we signed Byrne this is what I posted

cabbles
    January 9
    I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say that's it for incomings now. Unless anyone else leaves

Did Paige come in after Byrne?

Roland's Charlton everyone, Roland's Charlton
    Flag Quote · 3Like LOL
  • According to Cawley, Bradford want Ajose, surely we wouldn't let him go to our rivals.

Of course we would if KM is involved anywhere along the line.

She'll think it's a rugby team.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Cawley, Bradford want Ajose, surely we wouldn't let him go to our rivals.

Are they really a rival? We're nowhere near the play-offs at the minute. Not saying we won't get there but NA hasn't exactly set this league on fire with his goals
  • _MrDick said:

According to Cawley, Bradford want Ajose, surely we wouldn't let him go to our rivals.

Are they really a rival? We're nowhere near the play-offs at the minute. Not saying we won't get there but NA hasn't exactly set this league on fire with his goals
    10 points in front of us but we have a couple of games in hand. He has been poor nearly all season but i wouldn't write him off just yet as he can score a few as proved last season.
  • _MrDick said:

I don't think 6pts from the playoffs with 19 games to go is nowhere near.
  • _MrDick said:

10 points in front of us but we have a couple of games in hand. He has been poor nearly all season but i wouldn't write him off just yet as he can score a few as proved last season.
    But he doesn't fit in with Robinsons preferred formation and without him leaving I doubt we get another striker/Winger in.

I agree he might yet make it but do we risk that against not getting someone in to complement Macgennis or replace him until he's fit which could be weeks yet. It might just make the difference between playoffs and not.

• _MrDick said:

But he doesn't fit in with Robinsons preferred formation and without him leaving I doubt we get another striker/Winger in.

I agree he might yet make it but do we risk that against not getting someone in to complement Macgennis or replace him until he's fit which could be weeks yet. It might just make the difference between playoffs and not.

If we could be sure we'll replace him with another experienced attacker then why not, but i'm not so sure we would. It's not like we need the money as we've made a few bob with Lookman and fox transfers.
  • _MrDick said:

Selling Ajose probably makes a lot of sense, the problem is the destination. We are currently 6 points behind Bradford with 2 games in hand. They are currently the most catchable of the play-off placed teams so strengthening them would seem a little short sighted, but if the absence of multiple suitors for Ajose we may not have a great deal of choice if we must move one or two on the get the deals KR wants over the line.
  • As said above. If we can replace him with better than we should definitely do so. There's no point keeping Ajose, paying him big wages and not playing him just so another league one club can't have him.

The reality is that no-one above league one is going to come in for him based on his form this season so we have to accept that he will join another league one club if he goes.
  • _MrDick said:

If we could be sure we'll replace him with another experienced attacker then why not, but i'm not so sure we would. It's not like we need the money as we've made a few bob with Lookman and fox transfers.
    Theres a budget to work within which is what you'd expect. If Ajose isnt in Robinsons plans then it makes sense to move him on a get someone in who is.

Just like many of the other signings we've made it appears Nicky wasn't a Slade choice and doesn't fit in with the new managers thinking either.

That's what happens when the responsibility of signing players is given to people who only see stats and don't take anything else into consideration. God only knows how much money has been wasted by these ridiculous people.

I agree with you, but I can just see it backfiring on us.
  • edited January 2017

_MrDick said:

Theres a budget to work within which is what you'd expect. If Ajose isnt in Robinsons plans then it makes sense to move him on a get someone in who is.

Just like many of the other signings we've made it appears Nicky wasn't a Slade choice and doesn't fit in with the new managers thinking either.

That's what happens when the responsibility of signing players is given to people who only see stats and don't take anything else into consideration. God only knows how much money has been wasted by these ridiculous people.

I agree with you, but I can just see it backfiring on us.
    It's a risk but we have for the last three years hung on too long to overpaid players we can't sell and they have been and still are a drain on the budget.

Ajose doesn't seem to fit KR's style (that's what happens when you change managers so often) so IF IF IF he goes and we can get in a striker who does and so contributes more then good. It might well help Bradford too or he might not hit the heights there either. He's a Bury lad so a move back up north might suit him too.