Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• edited January 2017

I know Novak is already in the Charlton Life write-off bin, but he has not had a proper chance to show what he can do yet and is the type of striker who has a fighting chance of being a decent lone striker.

Novak has had plenty of chances and to put it bluntly he has been piss poor. He has not put in a great deal of effort all season and only Ajose has put in less. I know Novak had an early season hand injury, but that does not effect your legs and should not have had a major effect on his match fitness.

He's either not really happy at Charlton or his legs are going. He's been a massive disappointment, as has Ajose.
    What I've seen of him in home matches I thought he worked quite hard, and is a decent player. He also scored that late equaliser against....Fleetwood.
    And the late winner, with a great header, against Chesterfield.
    He's not all that bad imho (as a back up, at any rate).
  • Wonder what happened to that bloke we had on lone from Arsenal last season. Was his name Sanogo.
    He scored a couple of goals and got sent of from recollection.
    Looked a fair striker for about ten minutes.
  • Wonder what happened to that bloke we had on lone from Arsenal last season. Was his name Sanogo.

Would definitely have Sanogo back, was a handful in the championship, would be very useful in league 1
  • CAFCsayer said:

Wonder what happened to that bloke we had on lone from Arsenal last season. Was his name Sanogo.

Would definitely have Sanogo back, was a handful in the championship, would be very useful in league 1
    No thanks... That sending off is unforgivable
    Almost like he'd had enough and didn't want to play for us anymore.
  • Was there not a fairly blatant own goal amongst Sanogo's hattrick?
  • edited January 2017

Usually very reliable this guy..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Williams_(footballer)

"In March 2016, during a Europa League match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford, a tweet was sent from Williams' Twitter account mocking the Munich Air Disaster. Williams claimed his Twitter account had been hacked, he apologised and deleted his account. Liverpool confirmed they would look into the matter.[10]"
    I'm not sure a 21 year old CB with little experience is exactly what we need at the moment
    What did you think when Ezri Konsa started playing?.
    A big difference between someone who's come up through the ranks of a club, and someone from N Wales/Liverpool moving down to London

And the point is that we already have young CBs, Bauer is still inexperienced himself. If Tex goes, then that only leaves the injured Pearce and RJ with experience in leading the back 4
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Quick text exchange with Arsenal season ticket holding mate and he mentioned Akpom is going out on loan as well. If we get Stephy, apparently we've got the better deal in his opinion.
  • Usually very reliable this guy..

"In March 2016, during a Europa League match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford, a tweet was sent from Williams' Twitter account mocking the Munich Air Disaster. Williams claimed his Twitter account had been hacked, he apologised and deleted his account. Liverpool confirmed they would look into the matter.[10]"
    I'm not sure a 21 year old CB with little experience is exactly what we need at the moment
    Tex is off and Johnson is a no. Pearce is bound to be another Charlton injury, I.e never seen again. I did hope that with 11M+ in the bank we might see more experienced and permanent signings though.
  • Tex is off?
  • Usually very reliable this guy..

Tex is off and Johnson is a no. Pearce is bound to be another Charlton injury, I.e never seen again. I did hope that with 11M+ in the bank we might see more experienced and permanent signings though.
    What £11m, thats in Belgium now?

• I know Novak is already in the Charlton Life write-off bin, but he has not had a proper chance to show what he can do yet and is the type of striker who has a fighting chance of being a decent lone striker.

Novak has had plenty of chances and to put it bluntly he has been piss poor. He has not put in a great deal of effort all season and only Ajose has put in less. I know Novak had an early season hand injury, but that does not effect your legs and should not have had a major effect on his match fitness.

He's either not really happy at Charlton or his legs are going. He's been a massive disappointment, as has Ajose.
    Half a dozen starts and a handful of substitute appearances, broken up by injuries. Not what I call plenty of chances to impress.

Throw in that we're only just starting to get a properly functioning midfield in place and that he's not been given a run under the new manager and his new style of play, and it is way too soon to write him off.

Crofts was being written off earlier in the season, but now we have a better team around him, he seems to be drawing solid reviews from most observers. No reason Novak can't yet do the same.
    I never wrote Crofts off.
  • Gosh this is total garbage...which is where we'll be rummaging through for some unattached players come Wednesday. Lessons learnt my arse.

Come on Roland, surprise us all and sign some players to fire us back to the championship.

Did I hear that Konsa is off?
  • FAVADDICK said:

I wonder what this is about the link won't work ???

Charge your phone mate.
  • JamesSeed said:

I know Novak is already in the Charlton Life write-off bin, but he has not had a proper chance to show what he can do yet and is the type of striker who has a fighting chance of being a decent lone striker.

What I've seen of him in home matches I thought he worked quite hard, and is a decent player. He also scored that late equaliser against....Fleetwood.
    And the late winner, with a great header, against Chesterfield.
    He's not all that bad imho (as a back up, at any rate).
    2 goals and our next game will be in February :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017

Half a dozen starts and a handful of substitute appearances, broken up by injuries. Not what I call plenty of chances to impress.

Throw in that we're only just starting to get a properly functioning midfield in place and that he's not been given a run under the new manager and his new style of play, and it is way too soon to write him off.

Crofts was being written off earlier in the season, but now we have a better team around him, he seems to be drawing solid reviews from most observers. No reason Novak can't yet do the same.
    I'll take your word that he's only started 6 games. However, according to the O/S he's made 21 appearances, 16 in the league & 5 in cups. I should imagine I've seen the majority and can't recall anything he's done of much value in 6 months, apart from his decent headed goal against Chesterfield.

I haven't written him off yet, but if it looks like a duck and quacks, it's usually a duck.
  • edited January 2017

I hadn't realised, but the U23 coach at Arsenal is Steve Gatting, who had 2 very good seasons with us at the end of his career

Did you know he was Mike Gattings brother?, And even more suprising news Robert Lee used to man a turnstile!. If I only had some friends I would be on a quizteam, me!.
  • Unfortunately at second glance he'll probably look more like Frank Nouble
  • Gatting was a solid free be signing.(by Curbs and Gritt I think) In the days we didn't have money to spend and we always punched above our weight and we're always around the play offs. .unlike now where we have money waste it and can't put a run of results together good some people getting excited 5 without defeat but I can't see us making playoffs
  • So then, deadline day has arrived.

What are people expecting today?
    Both headcount wise and individuals?
    Ins or outs?
    What positions?
  • So then, deadline day has arrived.

What are people expecting today?
    Both headcount wise and individuals?
    Ins or outs?
    What positions?

Some senior outs like Rojo (hopefully) and Tex (unfortunately).
    Youngsters in on loan.