Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January (2017) Transfer (Rumours) Thread - (Deadline Dayfrom page 67)

Comments

• Can't see Swindon having much cash to lay out so could this be a case of us returning the player and reneging on future payments?
  • Can't see Swindon having much cash to lay out so could this be a case of us returning the player and reneging on future payments?

That or a loan.
  • edited January 2017
    Unfortunately Roland has also calculated the odds of us getting promoted and does not like the look of them.

Mid-table mediocrity and penny-pinching ahoy!
  • Swindon supporting mate thinks he'll only be a success back there if he's up front with Obika, as they really clicked last season, but if one of them isn't on the pitch the other looked nowhere near as good
  • sam3110 said:

Shame, it hasn't really worked out for him, but It's obvious when KR talks of Charlton people and having the right mentality to play for Charlton its a dig at Ajose

Not a dig, I don't think Ajoses' mentality has anything to do with it, he just does not fit with KR's formation and tactics.
    He was brought in to fit with Slades formations, not his fault KR was appointed, he scored 5 league & 1 EFL cup goal upto November under Slade & Nugent, and our solitary goal at the smallwall, KR just can't use him unless forced too.
  • If KR isn't going to play a formation that suits Ajose then we might as well cash in. I do however think that getting rid is a mistake even though he hasn't exactly set the world alight since joining. He obviously has goals in him, we just needed to play to his strengths. He must be replaced though and not with just loans as we need to look to the future. I don't mind that Arsenal guy coming in at all, i just think we need another as well.
  • I bet they just loan Ajose out, which is a waste of time. Sell him or keep him. Expect Ulvestad to go back as well if the Arsenal loanee is coming in. Wouldn't be surprised if Tex goes either.
  • edited January 2017

It's transfer deadline day - or Tuesday as it's known in SE7.

Or, more accurately, Turn-Off-The-Computer-As-You're-Not-Going-To-Miss-Anything-Day
  • Sponsored links:

• Ajose will go back on loan, then on loan for the next two seasons then leave on a free recouping a grand total of FA
  • Ajose will go back on loan, then on loan for the next two seasons then leave on a free recouping a grand total of FA

I'm worth a lot more than you realise!!
  • The Ajose argument has been done to death. He has 7 goals for a team that when he was playing was not set up to play to his strengths and created very few chances.

Still maintain that with the right midfield behind him he would have scored 20 this season.

We are potentially replacing 7 goals with a kid who has 0 goals and 0 games at our level.

Doesnt this Arsenal kid have something like 19-goals in 37-appearance for the U23s though?

Unfortunately the Belgian Spreadsheet will only give those clear stats rather than the big question: Can the Player play at this level
  • Ajose has looked out of his depth and not particularly bothered, let him go.
  • The Ajose argument has been done to death. He has 7 goals for a team that when he was playing was not set up to play to his strengths and created very few chances.

Still maintain that with the right midfield behind him he would have scored 20 this season.

We are potentially replacing 7 goals with a kid who has 0 goals and 0 games at our level.

Doesnt this Arsenal kid have something like 19-goals in 37-appearance for the U23s though?

Unfortunately the Belgian Spreadsheet will only give those clear stats rather than the big question: Can the Player play at this level
    I'm sure Umurah or Hanlon have decent stats at that level so why do we need this Arsenal kid?

• I think that if Ajose goes on a permanent we will get a permanent signing in as well as the Arsenal kid.

I'm sure Umurah or Hanlon have decent stats at that level so why do we need this Arsenal kid?

Agreed as its like a post I commented on a few weeks ago.

For some reason an Arsenal Youth Player appears to be more attractive than a Charlton one yet as many cases have proven in past seasons, more Charlton Youth Products appear to be making the jump into the Premier League than those produced by Arsenal etc.
  • I think Arsenal play in a higher quality u23 league than us.
  • I don't think a lots gonna happen today 2 loans in, Ajose out. Would like to see Dawson come in. A swap deal with Novak was on the table for the last deadline day.
  • Sponsored links:

Scouting? Comparison reports?

I know we aren't exactly a normal operating club but steps are taken to try and compare what you've got and what we want to bring in.
  • luke1 said:

I think Arsenal play in a higher quality u23 league than us.

Yeah they're Cat.1 whilst we're Cat.2 but they're not exactly producing First-Team player after First-Team player (for any Premier League side) are they?
  • luke1 said:

Yeah they're Cat.1 whilst we're Cat.2 but they're not exactly producing First-Team player after First-Team player (for any Premier League side) are they?
    According to this they've produced the most recently.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10058264/hold-hold-hold

Thats not including those that have left to play for other clubs.
  • luke1 said:

According to this they've produced the most recently.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10058264/hold-hold-hold

Thats not including those that have left to play for other clubs.
    I stand corrected.
  • Get rid of Ajose. Not good enough.
  • edited January 2017

luke1 said:

Nor are we though are we? Lookman is going to be great but has only just signed for Everton. You have to go a long way back to find two players that came through our youth side that are playing regularly in the Premier League.

I have nothing against our youth players but there is a subtle difference between a young player that can't push Sanchez out of the Arsenal side and a player that can't get on the bench at Charlton in front of Lee Novak.

All the top Premier League teams have players nowhere near their first team that are better than just about every player in the third division.

Having said that I don't think it is worth signing shorter loan deals now as I don't believe it will make enough difference to our season so it's a waste of time. The Bolton win was great but lightening strikes every so often - I expect us to win no more than one of our next three games and then the gap to the 6th placed side will just get bigger.
  • Redhenry said:

I don't think a lots gonna happen today 2 loans in, Ajose out. Would like to see Dawson come in. A swap deal with Novak was on the table for the last deadline day.

wouldn't have been possible would it as we'd only signed him during that window

It was and nearly happened!
  • JamesSeed said:

Anyone else surprised about these odds?
    I would have guessed around 8/1 I think.
    I guess Paddy hasn't been impressed by our window so far.
    Personally.... I'm having a little bet at those odds.

I stand to be corrected, but i think you can get better odds on us winning the play offs. Top 2 no chance, so if we have any chance of going up it must be the play offs.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I don't think a lots gonna happen today 2 loans in, Ajose out. Would like to see Dawson come in. A swap deal with Novak was on the table for the last deadline day.

wouldn't have been possible would it as we'd only signed him during that window

It was and nearly happened!
    Could only have been a loan swap deal, can't be in 2 permanent deals in one window